Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Explosion,Multiple Fatalities & Injuries Reported in Manchester Arena at Ariana Grande Concert

PCS

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

What are you going to do in America, if these are American citizens?  What are we going to do about about fundamentalist christians?

Would we imprison American citizens Muslim and Christian because of fundamentalist views?

I don't dispute that your methods would be effective, but I'd be very concerned about ceding my basic rights to the government.  For all I know, the government is watching what we post here (anonymously, but what's anonymous these days?) and they'll take exception to stuff I've said about Trump.  Lock me up.

Plus, the federal government has never been one to simply give rights back after they've taken them away.

i very much dispute the effectiveness of the methods

something tells me those in charge of raiding wouldn't take the time to distinguish between the individuals within. might make people feel good for a week, but you lose the long game in the end

Just now, StillUnknown said:

i very much dispute the effectiveness of the methods

something tells me those in charge of raiding wouldn't take the time to distinguish between the individuals within. might make people feel good for a week, but you lose the long game in the end

Well, there weren't any Japanese attacks on the mainland when they implemented internment camps...

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Well, there weren't any Japanese attacks on the mainland when they implemented internment camps...

indeed, i stand corrected

i believe that is step #72 in the MAGA handbook

it depresses me greatly that I can honestly see one of Trump's cronies using that argument to legitimately sway Trump

Fundamentalis/radical Islam has no place in our society. They could have had a place, but they don't want it, and now they're intent on proving that.

Weeding them out is a little more easier said than done, but if a real way to do it was presented I'd be tempted to support it. **** those people.

It's be much easier if we didn't have an unfortunately large portion of the country that thinks "Muslim = terrorist"

The same people who think every Latino immigrant is Mexican. 

Ultimately our country probably has too many stupid people to put the government in charge of such a tactic.

27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What are you going to do in America, if these are American citizens?  What are we going to do about about fundamentalist christians?

Would we imprison American citizens Muslim and Christian because of fundamentalist views?

I don't dispute that your methods would be effective, but I'd be very concerned about ceding my basic rights to the government.  For all I know, the government is watching what we post here (anonymously, but what's anonymous these days?) and they'll take exception to stuff I've said about Trump.  Lock me up.

Plus, the federal government has never been one to simply give rights back after they've taken them away.

I agree, would never happen.  Hence my earlier post that these barbaric attacks are jyst going to be part of life in Western Society.  We will have another big one in a few months.  Who here thinks Im wrong?

the Germans were smart enough with their Anti Hate legislation post WW2 to extinguish an idealogy.  It worked.  We dont have the political fortitude.

Lots of people gonna die while spending time with family, friends, and loved ones doing fun stuff in the next decade.  Just hope lightning doesnt strike any of us.  Guess thats the solution we will have to live with in a free society.

This, for instance, should never have taken two decades.  Should have been two minutes.  For him and every single one like him, bye-bye.  You are no longer welcome in the west you cowardly, gutless, soulless piefe of baboon ****.  

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/sep/06/anjem-choudary-jailed-for-five-years-and-six-months-for-urging-support-of-isis

And 5 years is a joke.  Should he 50

27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Someones gonna bring this up, like the two are even remotely related.  This is the level of ridiculousness that makes meaningful action impossible

From the other article

lock every one of those fundamentalist assholes up.

Choudary was sentenced at the Old Bailey in London after his conviction in July of urging Muslims to support Isis in a series of talks posted on YouTube. He was convicted alongside his acolyte Mohammed Rahman, 33, who was also sentenced to five years and six months in prison. Choudary’s supporters in the public gallery shouted “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) as the judge finished sentencing.

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

I agree, would never happen.  Hence my earlier post that these barbaric attacks are jyst going to be part of life in Western Society.  We will have another big one in a few months.  Who here thinks Im wrong?

the Germans were smart enough with their Anti Hate legislation post WW2 to extinguish an idealogy.  It worked.  We dont have the political fortitude.

Lots of people gonna die while spending time with family, friends, and loved ones doing fun stuff in the next decade.  Just hope lightning doesnt strike any of us.  Guess thats the solution

What ideology are we going to extinguish though?  I see dozens of Muslims every day.  I'd assume that maybe one of those every once in a while holds extremist views.  Probably a guy that looks like a normal American Muslim because that's what he is.  Born and raised here in America that somehow feels alienated by society, like a segment of other whites, blacks, hispanics, etc.  There's nearly no way to know that he's going to run a truck through a crowd or shoot up a train station or murder his coworkers until he actually does...

...unless we give a huge amount of ALL of our personal information to the government.  Allow the government to decide who is a risk and who isn't.  And while we are giving all this info to the Feds why stop at Islamic militants.  Let's get the Christian militants as well.  Let's The the woke ass black dudes, let's get the drug dealers and users, let's get people who's political leanings may go against the state.

Slippery slope for me.  If we give it up, they aren't giving it back.  And who knows what the next president, or the one after that will do.

Just now, Springfield said:

What ideology are we going to extinguish though?  I see dozens of Muslims every day.  I'd assume that maybe one of those every once in a while holds extremist views.  Probably a guy that looks like a normal American Muslim because that's what he is.  Born and raised here in America that somehow feels alienated by society, like a segment of other whites, blacks, hispanics, etc.  There's nearly no way to know that he's going to run a truck through a crowd or shoot up a train station or murder his coworkers until he actually does...

...unless we give a huge amount of ALL of our personal information to the government.  Allow the government to decide who is a risk and who isn't.  And while we are giving all this info to the Feds why stop at Islamic militants.  Let's get the Christian militants as well.  Let's The the woke ass black dudes, let's get the drug dealers and users, let's get people who's political leanings may go against the state.

Slippery slope for me.  If we give it up, they aren't giving it back.  And who knows what the next president, or the one after that will do.

Its not difficult though.  Read the Choudary article.  There are thousands like him, none of whom are bashful, all of whom are hiding behind free speech

But of course this needs to be framed as a discussion about persecuting Muslims, cause Trump and ****.  Fight the power

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I'd assume that maybe one of those every once in a while holds extremist views.

That's the person I want extinguished.

In the interest of fairness, there's plenty of non-muslims I want extinguished too.

(Racists, rapists, pedophiles, prius drivers to name a few)

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

...unless we give a huge amount of ALL of our personal information to the government.

We're already doing that.

The people that are doing this were already on lists at some point.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Slippery slope for me.

Oh, fallacy!!!!

Do I get a cookie?

(Sorry just a joke)

Seriously though, where do you clearly draw the line between fundamentalist Muslim and potential terrorist? 

It it is having a beard? Someone who prays or doesn't pray? A woman wearing a hijab? 

Atta and his boys on 9/10 were hanging out at a strip club having vodka. Is that fundamentalist? 

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don't think we have an "Insincerity Thread".  You could start one tho.

Thank you for again sharing with me another demonstration of your inability to hold a basic conversation.  Further examples are not necessary. 

6 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

It it is having a beard? Someone who prays or doesn't pray?

Yes, clearly having a beard and praying is the difference between being a believer and being a suicide bomber

Tactically, the terrorists aim to kill, injure and create fear.

Strategically, they mean to undermine our open society by getting us to turn on our selves with things like: spying on its citizens, travel bans, the rise of nationalism, and the like. They want to divide us and people like Trump are literally playing right along with their game plan. It's like clock work.

Like it has been said before, the goal of terrorists is much more than killing.  It's to revert society backwards completely.  This is accomplished when you have people cowering in fear, giving up the free open society in favor of something else.  This isn't to say we can't or shouldn't do anything about the problem. Of course we should, but we better be careful about walking that fine line between increasing security and fundamentally changing our own way of life.

There is plenty of death & destruction on our streets un-related to "terrorism" on a daily basis.  You are in so much more harm from most of these things than you are of "terrorism" however none of those things seem to get people whipped up into a frenzy about changing our way of life (I suppose gun violence is the one where there is an on-going debate).

If you make a "death via..." chart for America, I am pretty sure terrorist attacks would be way down on the list.

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If you make a "death via..." chart for America, I am pretty sure terrorist attacks would be way down on the list.

There is a nice chart in this article but I don't know how to cut and paste it. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/death-risk-statistics-terrorism-disease-accidents-2017-1

Since 9/11, 1 American per year average have been killed by a foreign terrorist.

21 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Seriously though, where do you clearly draw the line between fundamentalist Muslim and potential terrorist? 

It it is having a beard? Someone who prays or doesn't pray? A woman wearing a hijab? 

Atta and his boys on 9/10 were hanging out at a strip club having vodka. Is that fundamentalist? 

Its not difficult at all to outlaw certain speech and behavior.  

For instance, it would not be illegal to shave your head.  Would be illegal to be a skinhead.  Would not be illegal to wear a hijaab.  Would be illegal to wear one and surf isis recruitment videos, or decry your defense of 911, or send donations to extremist groups

Chaudrys disciples walking around london neighborhoods bullying homosexuals... illegal, for instance.

This really is not difficult.  Atta would have been locked up long before 911.  We dont lack the ability, just the courage

Archived