Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Explosion,Multiple Fatalities & Injuries Reported in Manchester Arena at Ariana Grande Concert

PCS

I mean it's kind of absurd that she has a memorial in Dupont. No offense to her or anything and not excusing the asshole setting stuff on fire. That's bull**** exploitation though. Maybe I'm missing something though .

And lol at the people thinking Spanish dude is targeting Muslims and jumping to conclusions. Ok. That didn't make sense from the start. Like listening to Kornheiser and Wilbon talk local sports on PTI. Just stop. 

facebook:counterterrorism::nfl:off-the-field-policing

they can't stand the PR hit, they won't stand up and say "not our job", so instead they're going to try to do something they're not in any real way equipped to do.

maybe they'll surprise me and have success with it. i'm expecting a bunch of "how did facebook miss this person" after the fact type situations, and/or a bunch of people having their privacy violated for (what will seem like to many) no reason.

should be fun to watch.

You know I love you vis but my honest opinion, you gotta stop posting stuff in here that isn't related to terrorism or reactions to it or whatever. Especially items that make it look like they're related.

The thing in Ashburn was road rage bull****. Then this last thing, the shooting at the mosque in France, everything I've read--including your link--  is that it's just some old school gangster *drive by nonsense between rivals.

First off that's a bull**** click bait tweet by Al Jazeera English if I've ever seen one but besides that, what's the point of putting it in here? All of it just waters down real atrocities. I mean I dread seeing threads like this bumped. Then to come in here only to find bull**** headlines at best and fear mongering at worst? Eventually you stop dreading and start not caring. I don't want that. 

Obviously this is a much larger beef that I have with the media in general so sorry to take it out on you, but this is the only place my voice is going to be heard on the matter.

3 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

You know I love you vis but my honest opinion, you gotta stop posting stuff in here that isn't related to terrorism or reactions to it or whatever. Especially items that make it look like they're related.

The thing in Ashburn was road rage bull****. Then this last thing, the shooting at the mosque in France, everything I've read--including your link--  is that it's just some old school gangster *drive by nonsense between rivals.

First off that's a bull**** click bait tweet by Al Jazeera English if I've ever seen one but besides that, what's the point of putting it in here? All of it just waters down real atrocities. I mean I dread seeing threads like this bumped. Then to come in here only to find bull**** headlines at best and fear mongering at worst? Eventually you stop dreading and start not caring. I don't want that. 

Obviously this is a much larger beef that I have with the media in general so sorry to take it out on you, but this is the only place my voice is going to be heard on the matter.

The murder in Ashburn is still confusing (and is a little sketchy as to the reasoning) and just a quick glance on twitter shows it even hours ago being used as an example of a double standard where attacks on Muslims are not considered terrorism, etc.   Whether or not it was terrorism or a hate crime, or anything like that, it was and still is viewed as such by a lot of Muslim activists and others.  This incident in Avingon, I didn't see a lot of info, but I did see a lot of people saying the mosque was shot up and Muslims were being attacked.  Now, that doesn't seem to be the case in the articles I've seen, and I would bet against that being the case...but it is being viewed that way now by quite a few people and will likely be seen or portrayed as such in some corners of the world.   So it is good to be aware how such things play out and people's reactions and think about what that in turn could lead to down the road.  Assuming it does not actually turn out to be terrorism, as I did see at least one report that a couple of people fired into a crowd outside a mosque (though no mention specifically of Muslims being involved either as attackers or victims).

But I will keep what you said in mind and take that into consideration in the future.  You do have a good point.

Update on this and also the van driving into a crowd outside a mosque in Paris the other day:

http://www.freepressjournal.in/world/8-wounded-in-france-mosque-shooting-not-terrorism-says-prosecutor/1095447

According to initial accounts taken on the spot, at least two men got out of a car around 10:30 pm last night near the mosque and opened fire, including with a shotgun, the prosecutor’s office said. None of the wounded had life-threatening injuries, it said.

“From what we know this evening, the mosque was not targeted. The fact that it happened in the street of the religious establishment was unconnected with it,” the prosecutor said, ruling out terrorism.

Witness accounts mentioned four men in the car, all hooded. The criminal investigation department has taken charge of the case.

The shooting comes a few days after a man on Thursday attempted to drive his car into worshippers outside the Creteil mosque in south-east Paris. The driver, a 43-year-old Armenian who suffered from schizophrenia, hit barriers and pillars outside the mosque with his 4×4 without causing any injuries before crashing into a traffic island.

According to a source close to the investigation, the suspect had made “confused remarks in relation” to a string of jihadist attacks that have struck France, killing 239 people since 2015.

Archived