Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre-Draft Pick Predictions

campfodder

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I think we end up taking RB Mcaffrey in the 1st, a NT in the second, and a safety in either the 3rd or 4th.

I admittedly havent seen much tape on McCaffery and his combine results were top end .. but I just cant pull the trigger on a RB that high. I think upgrading the C or LG spot would help our rush game better.

Reuben Foster is an elite thumper but his "lack of studying" concerns me. I like the Patriots way of taking a smart moldable players.

I would go pure BPA but I hope it is a defensive player. If McC is the BPA, I would 100% take him.  

1 player

We trade every pick we have in the draft to move up one spot in the 1st round

We pick a center--Justin Patton

We are told he's not in the NFL draft because he's a college basketball center

We start frantically looking through McCloughan's player notes...realize his entire draft board is comprised of players from other sports

McCloughan props his feet up on the coffee table and smokes a cigar, smiling at the chaos unfolding in the Skins draft room on live TV

Our time on the clock is seconds away from expiring

Snyder is seen running to the Skins draft room, yelling "PICK SOMEONE, DAMMIT!!"

Allen scribbles a name on a Post-It, and hands it to Goodell

Goodell hesitates, then reads the name out loud...it says "Schmorky"

Fat guy in the audience with a Browns jersey on stands up and says "YES!!"

He runs down to the stage...the back of his jersey has his childhood nickname on it...it says "Schmorky"

Schmorky makes the team, mainly due to Allen wanting it to appear that his draft was a success

Schmorky goes on IR 12 seconds after the first stretching exercises of the offseason

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I would go pure BPA but I hope it is a defensive player. If McC is the BPA, I would 100% take him.  

I'm just making a prediction - not advocating anybody.

Last year in this thread I said I wanted a DT, yet thought we were targeting Ryan Kelly, but predicted we would end up taking Laquon Treadwell. Got the position right, but the player wrong (and Treadwell went the next pick).

My wish list which contains all info mentioned in initial post plus......

2017 NFL Draft Wishlist

1st round - Haason Reddick, ILB Temple

2nd round - Budda Baker, FS Washington

3rd round - Nate Peterman, QB Pittsburgh

4th round - Vincent Taylor, DE Oklahoma State

4th round - Tyler Orlosky, OC WVU

5th round - De'Veon Smith, RB, Michigan

6th round - George Kittle, TE, Iowa 

6th round -  Ben Braden, OG Michigan

7th round - Josh Tupou, NT Colorado

7th round - Garret Sickels, EDGE, Penn State

We trade back and end up with 10 total picks. We go 5 offense and 5 defense.

Who knows who'll be around at pick #17, but I'd prefer to take a defensive player. I'd be ecstatic if one of the top defensive gamechangers in Foster/Allen/Barnett drop and I've warmed to the idea of McDowell (Tomsula effect) and Reddick. But if a defensive stud isn't there, I'd be content with trading down and taking the BoB (I'm against taking a RB/TE/WR in the 1st unless we trade back for at minimum an additional 3rd).

58 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

If we draft another QB, do we keep 4 (unlikely), do we cut McCoy (and leave 2 untested players as backup), or do we trade Cousins and play McCoy for a year while Sudfield and whoever battle it out for QB of the future...or will we simply cut Sudfield?

This thread seemed to go off track at the second post, but I admire your commitment to not just knocking it off the rails, but removing them completely. Well done sir.

13 picks

8defense

4offense

1 kicker

31 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This thread seemed to go off track at the second post, but I admire your commitment to not just knocking it off the rails, but removing them completely.

Dude, I was simply responding to the post by PartyPosse two spots above mine, which was actually the last post when I started my response.

29 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Dude, I was simply responding to the post by PartyPosse two spots above mine, which was actually the last post when I started my response.

I think it depends on STudfelds progress going into camp. Id rather run a rookie than McCoy personally,  but I think we'll get the LTD done. Dude

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

1 player

We trade every pick we have in the draft to move up one spot in the 1st round

We pick a center--Justin Patton

Schmorky goes on IR 12 seconds after the first stretching exercises of the offseason

Too funny!  Where do you come up with this stuff! :rofl89:

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think we all know at least one of our first 3 picks is going to be a WTF pick.

You're probably right, but this draft is pretty deep.  

I'll be satisfied if we can land 3 good players with our first 5 picks.  Less than that and I'll consider it a poor outcome.  The draft is a crap shoot.  I swear it feels like we're due for a homerun kinda draft, but with Juicy Brucie running things...I ain't holding my breath. 

11 hours ago, Califan007 said:

1 player..

Snyder is seen running to the Skins draft room, yelling "PICK SOMEONE, DAMMIT!!"

Allen scribbles a name on a Post-It, and hands it to Goodell

Goodell hesitates, then reads the name out loud...it says "Schmorky"

Fat guy in the audience with a Browns jersey on stands up and says "YES!!"

He runs down to the stage...the back of his jersey has his childhood nickname on it...it says "Schmorky"

Schmorky makes the team, mainly due to Allen wanting it to appear that his draft was a success

Why can't all poster make posts like this. A very well thought out post indeed sir! lol

If the BPA at 17 is a RB we take it. If no BPA at 17 I could see us trading out of the pick to collect some D men in later rounds. 

12 picks

5 O

6 D

1 QB

On 4/11/2017 at 0:37 PM, Califan007 said:

1 player

If that happens, who will be the new designated wall punching hand breaker? I don't see Snyder generating enough fist velocity to break anything more significant than a nail.

Archived