Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre-Draft Pick Predictions

campfodder

9 picks

2 trades get us 1 pick this year and 1 pick next year

6 defense, 3 offense

if we pick an RB, it will be in rounds 1, 2 or 3 (Mixon in the 3rd is my dream pick at RB)

1 safety will be picked.  He will only start 1 season with us (maybe not this year) because we are still under a curse at that position.

If we pick a QB early, Kirk is gone this year or next.  If we pick a QB in 4th or later, McCoy is gone next year.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Can someone please explain to me why is everyone so high on Riddic? Temple does not play the type of players he will see in the NFL.  

Hasson had a great Senior Bowl, Combine and, evidently, has shown good knowledge and attitude.  This is important at this time, as other players start dropping because of "character" and health issues (Foster and Cunningham).  He has always been in the 1st-2nd round discussions, so he will move up as others drop. 

BTW, the Redskins drafted Tre' Johnson from Temple in the second round of the 1994 draft. Dude had a 9 year career.

:247:The Rook

Trade down to get both Browns' second rounds

2 S Jabril Peppers if he falls or S Josh Jones

2 OLB TJ Watt

2 RB Alvin Kamara

3 C Pat Elflein

4 DT Davlin Tomlinson

4 DT Jaleel Johnson

5 WR Shelton Gibson

6 DE Vincent Taylor

6 OLB Dylan Cole

7 CB Nate Hairston

27 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Trade down to get both Browns' second rounds

2 S Jabril Peppers if he falls or S Josh Jones

2 OLB TJ Watt

2 RB Alvin Kamara

3 C Pat Elflein

I would be sad with this draft. - Peppers is a player without a position, especially in our secondary.  OLB doesn't help our dLine or ILB.  RB - As argued on other threads, I would rather pick the top guard with this pick then Kamara.  C - I guess you are thinking of moving Long to guard.  If so, our RBs may be good enough for this season.  We need more on D.

With the latest drug test news on Foster its starting to be possible he is there at 17 for us. I'd take him in a heart beat if he is. I think McCaffrey will be gone. I'm not a fan of Cook but is another possibility.

Then hope that one of Brantley Wormley is still there when we pick in the 2nd round - though I fear they wont be. If not there will likely be a corner or maybe an edge guy like Tyus Bowser or ILB like McMillan available. Another alternative is Mixon - I'm not a fan of that personally but he's a first round talent at a position of need.

3rd round someone like Dalvin Tomlinson or a receiver like Kupp or Hansen, FS like Maye - or a QB like Petterman (though I'd prefer him in the 4th).

On 4/11/2017 at 10:02 AM, Riggo-toni said:

I think we end up taking RB Mcaffrey in the 1st, a NT in the second, and a safety in either the 3rd or 4th.

This would not surprise me. Our approach to free agency has given me the vibe that we'll do something splashy on offense in the first round.

I say we trade back once, grabbing an extra 3rd/4th in the process.

11 total picks.

6 Defense

5 Offense

Wishlist:  Reddick, or McCaffrey, Brantley, Baker, King, Johnson, Jarrad Davis, Walker Jr, Zach Banner, Buchanon...

2 hours ago, HoggLife said:

So who does everyone predict we get in the second round? There is a lot of great players left that can help us.

I wouldn't mind that G/C Lamp out of Western Kentucky, Lamp.  It would make it so our O-Line has no weak spots anymore.

Defensively, with Foster now gone, maybe Raekwon McMillian?

On 4/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, CTskin said:

We trade back and end up with 10 total picks. We go 5 offense and 5 defense.

Who knows who'll be around at pick #17, but I'd prefer to take a defensive player. I'd be ecstatic if one of the top defensive gamechangers in Foster/Allen/Barnett drop and I've warmed to the idea of McDowell (Tomsula effect) and Reddick. But if a defensive stud isn't there, I'd be content with trading down and taking the BoB (I'm against taking a RB/TE/WR in the 1st unless we trade back for at minimum an additional 3rd).

Nice job sir. 

Archived