My guess...

<Dan You Tube Snyder>

Bruce

Doug

Eric Schaffer

Campbell

Santos

Smith

My first thought was VP of Football Operations would be above VP of Player Personnel?  But I'm not sure either?

And where does Campbell fit in now that he's Senior Executive??

Redskins president Bruce Allen said he doesn't think it's a big deal who has final control over the 53-man roster. He said it will remain a group decision.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_joJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

So now we  finally got our answer as to why McCloughan was really fired.  Love how Allen continues to lie to people when asked "who has final say" and pretend were to stupid to understand him dodging the question.  

I think someone asked on twitter the million dollar question: What exactly has changed?  So the same people in the same organization will be doing the same job, but now with fancier titles?  Basically every single person of power in the pre-Scott McCloughan debacle has now just been given a fancier title to do the same job.

So we are told that Doug won out because he had a solid plan. That plan starts with getting Cousins signed, or not. You have to assume his plan includes Cousins long term, but assumption is the mother of all screw ups.  The plan is likely nothing more than building heavily through the draft, and being frugal with contracts. Which we know is all that Allen needed to hear.

I will go ahead and say Schaefer is the closest to a GM we have, going from the top down.  He is our new Scot.

2 minutes ago, TK said:

Redskins president Bruce Allen said he doesn't think it's a big deal who has final control over the 53-man roster. He said it will remain a group decision.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_joJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

This makes NO sense to me. You have to have someone who is in charge of the roster. That is so stupid for him to say that. The head coach should have that power, not a "group decision."

It's not a big deal. OK who wants to go golfing, and then to the clubhouse afterwards for some cold beverages?

Lost in all this, does Jay have any input at all?  I want a GM to work hand in hand with a coach. ultimately having final say. We don't even have that.

Brian McNally‏Verified account @bmcnally14 8s8 seconds ago

Allen on why no GM title: "This was Doug's plan. People interviewed for different titles. He wanted to lead the personnel department."

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago

Albert Breer Retweeted Albert Breer

Sorry, on a plane and groggy! Doug Williams and Jay Gruden report to Bruce Allen. Bruce may report to himself too. That's kinda his call.

Albert Breer added,

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer
Redskins president Bruce Allen says that both Jay Gruden and Bruce Allen will report to him. That'd be a little like Miami's structure.

Ben Standig‏Verified account @BenStandig 40s41 seconds ago

Allen said there's no "GM" title because that was Williams' plan.

As for who makes final decisions, it will be a "Redskins" decision.

1 minute ago, TK said:

Brian McNally‏Verified account @bmcnally14 8s8 seconds ago

Allen on why no GM title: "This was Doug's plan. People interviewed for different titles. He wanted to lead the personnel department."

Sorry, on a plane and groggy! Doug Williams and Jay Gruden report to Bruce Allen. Bruce may report to himself too. That's kinda his call.

Albert Breer added,

Redskins president Bruce Allen says that both Jay Gruden and Bruce Allen will report to him. That'd be a little like Miami's structure.

Ben Standig‏Verified account @BenStandig 40s41 seconds ago

Allen said there's no "GM" title because that was Williams' plan.

As for who makes final decisions, it will be a "Redskins" decision.

More like, Allen:  "Doug, if you want the job, incognito I'm the GM.  Got it?"  Williams:  "Sure do, boss."

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It's not a big deal. OK who wants to go golfing, and then to the clubhouse afterwards for some cold beverages?

Lost in all this, does Jay have any input or at all?  I want a GM to work hand in hand with a coach. ultimately having final say. We don't even have that.

8 minutes ago, TK said:

Albert Breer added,

RH - I'm agreeing with all of your posts today.

Basically, we have Jay Gruden reporting to Bruce Allen, and then Doug Williams reporting to Bruce Allen.  That, to me, seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  One guy will go whining to his boss saying he wants this, and the other guy will do the same... but I'm sure there will be conflicting desires.  I have always thought that the coach needs to report to the guy in charge of the personnel (whether that be a GM or Director of Player Personnel).  

The way it's currently structured, I can see two guys vying for their vision of how the roster should look -- and they probably won't end up working together.

26 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I will go ahead and say Schaefer is the closest to a GM we have, going from the top down.  He is our new Scot.

Not really, he's not a talent evaluator. He's a contract guy.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that Scot was the best speaker as you can only tolerate the term 'football player' so much. 

Doug doesn't exactly breed confidence from behind the mic.

I agree. Yet we have tweets like that below.  And I think that's part of the reason for the hire.  The media has skewered this organization this off season.  But Doug would be a tough one for them to assail.  I got into this exchange with Chris Russell on twitter where he was claiming the fans are clamoring for Doug to get the job.  Russell ultimately backed down and said more or less maybe the fans won't love it but the media will and that's important for the team right now. 

I saw Finlay's tweet got challenged some with people saying impressive how?  Doug to me doesn't ooze competence.  I agree Scot's isn't the best speaker either.  Some of the other people mentioned earlier in this process such as Louis Reddick though for example come off articulate as heck and insightful.  

Archived