Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate to say it but Snyder and Allen might have done the right thing

hockeyiszen

41 minutes ago, rebornempowered said:

in my opinion, he should be fired for not getting a deal done with Kirk anyway.  

Well, I hope you're paying attention now. The Cousins situation continues. Since McC isn't in the building, perhaps you'll hold someone responsible for the here after.

I think I will. 

I think they did the right thing as well. But they didn't handle the fallout well, granted, when youre trying your damndest to to take care of a guy thats neck deep in alcohol, and he goes AWOL and mouthing to the media (that already hates you), its pretty hard to imagine a plan B for that. There is no right answer at that point. So they nutted up and did what they had to do, and I respect them for that.

Lesson of this tale is you probably shouldn't hire an alcoholic (that is in  denial) to be an NFL Executive, after he's already been axed in two other places

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Well... even if Scot was a drunk.  Let's say, for sake of argument, that part is true.

They hired him.  They vetted him.  They knew full well his history.  Even in his short time here, Scot seemed to build a team that was becoming capable.  If they were going to hire a known risk, then they should have thought about the possible repercussions.

Now, here we are going into the draft with nobody who knows football actually running the show.

Look, everyone deserves a second chance.  SM is/was a great talent evaluator and obviously convinced DS and BA that the past was behind him.  Why wouldn't they give him a second chance?  They gave him a chance, HE (no one else) relapsed, HE started drinking again, HE put DS and BA in a bad position and if reports are true, THEY (DS and BA) gave him an opportunity to get treatment.  NO ONE else should be blamed for this.  This BS about them hiring him, knowing about his past puts the responsibility on their shoulders is BS!

Some can't get past their blind hatred for DS and BA to see the fact they did EXACTLY what they had to do!  He was fired for cause, if it wasn't justified, then you can bet the story will come out.  However, fairly certain DS and BA have been fully briefed by legal counsel on what they could and could not do.

Of course, all of this is IF you believe the media reports and "anonymous" sources about him drinking again.  However, if he ISN'T drinking, what cause would they have to up and fire him? 

2 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I'll believe it when they find a replacement.

If we acquire a new GM or promote one from within in whom I'm confident, I'll give Snyder/Allen the benefit of the doubt.

If the dynamic duo intend on undertaking free agency and the draft - together, by themselves - I'll know they're full of it.

Scot's fault? Fine, I can buy that...BUT WHERE IS HIS REPLACEMENT?

it' s a bad time of year for that, right now because you have to get permission to hire from other teams, so we'd have to get anther guy out of work

If breathing air was deemed to be the "right thing" those two clowns would choke to death. With this absolute joke of a franchise I have become the guy that just lost the last reserve of hope I didn't even know I had because I thought I'd already given up all hope.

In no other area of my entire life have I ever experienced such monumental, consistent, laughably predictable, total and complete failure and dysfunction. Hell, I don't think I've ever even witnessed a one sided **** show relationship such as this of ANY kind, EVER.

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Yah Im not sure what profession this would be okay in

Assuming he was drinking on the job - and you basically have to assume that - the firing is 100 percent justifiable. I can even sort of forgive the weeks of lies up to this point. The lies were laughable, but I can see it.

However, smearing him in the Post on the way out is just not cricket.

He may have needed to be fired. Like the RG3 situation, we probably wont know the truth until a few years later when players with no dog in the fight start to speak up. 

But the timing was ****ed up. Really really ****ed up. Like, the first day of free agency ****ed up. You cant suggest other wise here. That was a total failure. 

The press release was ****ed up. Refusing to talk to anyone about firing your GM on the first day of free agency is a **** up. And saying that this is the last time you will talk about it is a double **** up. And saying that you are busy with free agency (again, without your GM) is pretty ****ed up. As a fan I wanna know whats going on. I pretty much pay the bills, so atleat let me know whats up. 

Doing the dirtball unnamed source thing, that we all have to understand by now is part of the program here (every time, really?), is pretty ****ed up. 

But firing him may or may not have been a correct move. Depends on if they are telling the truth when leaking that his drinking is a problem (which was ****ed up) 

6 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Assuming he was drinking on the job - and you basically have to assume that - the firing is 100 percent justifiable. I can even sort of forgive the weeks of lies up to this point. The lies were laughable, but I can see it.

I dont know, it sounds like something Rickey Cricket would def do ...

Image result for sunny cricket

2 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

If you hire a known alcoholic who says he's not an alcoholic and insists that he's resolved past problems by drinking beer...  well, you deserve whatever you get.

If this were another team in the division, we'd be laughing our collective asses off at their abject stupidity.

Scott never said he wasn't an alcoholic. He literally admitted at the press conference that it was a problem he's working on everyday.

This was handled in an absolutely embarrassing way ... smearing him in the Post and lying to everyone for two weeks like we're all imbeciles ... an absolute Mickey Mouse club as usual. 

Making the Bullets organization look top-class.

3 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Scott never said he wasn't an alcoholic. He literally admitted at the press conference that it was a problem he's working on everyday.

This is what he said in that famous ESPN article. He literally made the "I can stop any time I want" argument on the record with them.

"I'd think to myself, 'OK, Scot, why not have a beer? It never affected your life before; you went from being an area scout to being general manager. Don't touch the vodka, don't touch the hard stuff. But if you want to have a beer, have a beer.' So that's where I got to. I stopped going to AA."

That's what he says he will tell NFL teams if they come calling now. He knows he sounds as if he's splitting hairs about the distinction between beer and hard liquor, and he's aware of the fact that conventional wisdom says recovery is an all-or-nothing proposition -- even if some evidence suggests most heavy drinkers, which McCloughan says he's not, are functional. "If I was an alcoholic and had a beer, I'd have two, then four, then six, then ... you know, you can't stop," he insists. "I can. I can have a beer and I'm fine. I don't need any more."

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

It was NOT Scott's job to "to get a deal done" with Cousins.

He was not the money man. That responsibility falls to Team President Bruce Allen and to Eric Schaffer.

Whose hair did Kirk tossle again?  Who needed to see more?

I think most of us saw enough in '15.

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I agree you do have to assume that he was drinking on the job. Which in the NFL, may or may not, be the norm. However, I think this ignores the tremendous amount of reporting that this had nothing to do with drinking, and was more along the line of Bruce wanting to get rid of him for whatever reason that may be. 

To the smear, I think one would have to assume that this came straight from the organization. However, it could also be any number of the leaks that come out of Redskins Park.

I think we are ignoring a big issue from before that we all chalked up to a jealous wife tweeting...

We are focusing on the alcohol, but what if it has more to do with him possibly having extra circular activities with a female reporter and him leaking information to her

5 minutes ago, rebornempowered said:

Whose hair did Kirk tossle again?  Who needed to see more?

I think most of us saw enough in '15.

Doesn't matter whose hair Cousins "tossled" in an emotional moment after the game. :rolleyes:

Allen and Schaffer handled the contracts. Period.

1 hour ago, Rskins06 said:

Look, everyone deserves a second chance.  SM is/was a great talent evaluator and obviously convinced DS and BA that the past was behind him.  Why wouldn't they give him a second chance

I suspect it was that combined with fact that the Redskins hired McCloughan as a consultant and really liked his breakdowns and analysis. They figured if he was producing this kind of work he was ready to go.

20 minutes ago, UK_HOG said:

Cousins seems to think Allen is the problem

If true, and this seems to line up with the most likely scenario ..... **** Bruce. 

If we could have had this done for 19M last year but Bruce didnt want to .... **** Bruce. 

**** Bruce. 

17 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

The Skins are terrible at PR....because of that; they let the media set the narrative instead of them being ahead of the game.

if the Skins wanted to get ahead of the game, they would offer Kirk 24m per and leak it. 

But Bruce doesnt want to do that ... only reason I can think is bc his panties are in a bunch. 

Is he putting personal ego and emotions ahead of whats best for the team?

what the hell is going on here. 

Archived