Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate to say it but Snyder and Allen might have done the right thing

hockeyiszen

27 minutes ago, UK_HOG said:

Cousins seems to think Allen is the problem

That's just ****ing great. I don't know why I'm surprised. So, now we can look forward to a QB playing next year as basically a hostage (albeit a rich one), and every time we cheer a TD or a great play, we can be both happy AND sad, knowing that he'll be leaving us when the season is done. Lame duck QB season, here we come! Another Allen/Snyder precedent! 

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Honestly if Kirk got this clown fired that'd kind of be hilarious.

I don't know if I believe Hernandez, but if it's true and Kirk got Allen fired, it would be a ****ing horrible precedent.  This isn't the NBA.  Individual NFL players should never wield the power to get their GMs fired.

I'm curious to see how this plays out in the fan base though, given that a huge chunk of it flipped their **** about RGIII merely wanting input in the offensive gameplan.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know if I believe Hernandez, but if it's true and Kirk got Allen fired, it would be a ****ing horrible precedent.  This isn't the NBA.  Individual NFL players should never wield the power to get their GMs fired.

I'm curious to see how this plays out in the fan base though, given that a huge chunk of it flipped their **** about RGIII merely wanting input in the offensive gameplan.

I mean it'll obviously never happen. Snyder clearly doesn't think that much of Kirk and certainly not enough to oust his homeboy Bruce.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

The situations are pretty different in almost every way. Im not gonna get into the Griffin thing, but you can totally understand a player not wanting to be here right now. Especially Kirk. I think hes been a **** so far, but the last two weeks have been a bit much dont you think? 

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I mean it'll obviously never happen. Snyder clearly doesn't think that much of Kirk and certainly not enough to oust his homeboy Bruce.

This 100%. For what ever reason Snyder was never high on Kirk. He wasn't the flashy guy. Maybe he doesn't sell enough jerseys. We already know Scot/Gruden had to beg to get Cousins the start over RG3. This is just another Vinny scenario that we will be stuck with for the next decade.

This team hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Scots drinking could have been an issue, but he was open about never quitting. He didn't "relapse" since he never quit in the first place. Snyder/Cerrato 2.0 knew that going in. So the question is, what changed, and why did they chose the DAY FREE AGENCY STARTED to make this change? If his drinking was that big of an issue, why not give him the pink slip at the end of the season, early February, etc.? Did he stumble into Snyder's office and puke on his carpet a few weeks ago? They blamed this whole situation on his grandmother's passing, and then kept everybody in the dark for weeks.

This whole situation reeks of disagreement between management. Scot and Allen probably disagreed about the direction to take with free agents, Kirk, and/or the draft. Allen wanted things his way, and SM probably didn't like being overruled, and then he was **** canned. Seems to be a power grab and Allen decided he wasn't going to lose. All these "anonymous" sources stating drinking as the cause is nothing but a lazy scapegoat. It could have become a much worse problem, but if it was a problem now, then it was a problem on day 1.

The biggest problem is the secrecy, and method this was all handled by. It looks horrible, and Snyder/Allen apparently already have a terrible image by others around the league. I seriously doubt top front office talent will ever come here because of those two.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, thats the first thing I thought of, too. But it plays into his borderline prickish remarks at the end of the season, after directly sealing the teams fate.

Many people dismissed it as negotiation posturing, but it's pretty clear that he simply does not want to be here (after his nonsense about having no problem playing on the tag again).

I still feel Scot got a raw deal regardless of the situation.

Bruce knew, he KNEW of the issue with Scot and drinking. Bruce pulled off a no-so brilliant 'sacrificial sabotage'.

Fans and media constantly ridiculing Allen and his inability to be a decent GM.

Bruce, knowing Scot for a long time and knowing of the drinking, hires Scot to be GM. Of course, in Bruce's mind, its a case of 'well, you're a GM-ish, in a strange way, sort of technically speaking'.  A better word would be scapegoat. 

I'm sure Bruce knew this problem would arise sooner or later, so when it does happen, the entire problem is poorly timed and poorly handled. Scot is let go, and now Bruce has a platform to reply to the fans and media that 'hey, I did exactly what you all wanted and now you see what happened', so its an easy justification for Allen to continue acting as GM, President, Dictator, and Ruler of the 7 seas. 

Bruce Allen couldn't come close to being a mental genius as his dad, but he sure did get the crazy gene from him. Power does weird things to people, and believe me, it will get much much worse before it gets better; and by better, I mean Bruce Allen being fired. It only takes 1 domino to create a beautiful image, or a complete disaster; which do you think Allen is capable of? 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If that's true then Kirk can take his egotistical ass to whomever will pay him.

He'd be the very LAST man I want charged leading this team on the field if that were to be his attitude. 

Hail. 

they may be receiving some flak for the leak, but I was saying to myself this morning listening to Kevin rant about them taking the low road.

The post article about Scot drinking changed the narrative from a dysfunctional organization, to a dysfunctional individual. It helps close the door on that chapter at an important time in offseason

I don't blame them one bit if they planned that leak

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I take it you don't remember John Elway getting Dan Reeves fired...

Lets face the facts, as long as Snyder owns this team it will continue to be a cluster ****. Its been that way since the first day Snyder bought the team.

Year after year its one ****  up after another, this latest incident with SM has Snyders finger prints all over it. The Skins hired SM knowing he had a drinking 

problem and decide to Fire him at the absolute worst time of year. How much can loyal fans take of this BS, Its enough to drive you to drink!

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 6, DONT CIRCUMVENT THE PROFANITY FILTERS, MEMBER PENALIZED>

Great take.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-the-redskins-treatment-of-scot-mccloughan-should-be-a-warning-for-everyone-else-212408717.html

Everything within a thousand-mile radius of the Redskins smells bad. Not because they fired general manager Scot McCloughan on Thursday. But because they did it with anonymous malice. Because they planted the bombshell so deviously. Because they just refused to walk away with some grace.

In truth, this always felt like McCloughan was being hired by Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder to be controlled and eventually fired. And in between, hopefully he would stock the roster with enough talent to make the inevitable crash worth it.

Archived