Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

I really wanna know what Mike Flynn really did that made compelled this Judge to call him out as a traitor. He did something terrible. That they dont even want to tell us about. So much so the Judge asked them to stop him if he went to far. 

 

It might have been acting as a foreign agent for Turkey. When I saw what the judge said, I actually wondered whether he saw this segment from MSNBC's Rachel Maddow:

 

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/how-flynn-s-position-on-turkey-turned-on-a-dime-a-lot-of-dimes-1400676931540

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The sentencing report prepared by his lawyers that said he didn't know lying to an FBI agent was a crime and tried to make Flynn a martyr. 

 

That blew everything up for him. Flynn needs to tell more, and honestly, I think his weak traitorous ass is going to prison.

 

Yeah, they overplayed their hand in a major way. That judge does have a history of being hard on federal prosecutors and making sure they play by the rules (which isn't a bad thing). However I think the right, as well as Flynn's lawyers, failed to understand the root of that disposition. It wasn't because the judge is some anti-government conspiracy nutter who hates federal prosecutors, it was because he believes that government representatives need to be held to a higher standard and deals with them in that light. Which is what I think led him to go HAM on Flynn. It was now Flynn who he believed, as a high ranking government official, should be held to a high standard and he saw the bull**** about him being "entrapped" or whatever as exactly that....bull****. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mistertim said:

 

Yeah, they overplayed their hand in a major way. That judge does have a history of being hard on federal prosecutors and making sure they play by the rules (which isn't a bad thing). However I think the right, as well as Flynn's lawyers, failed to understand the root of that disposition. It wasn't because the judge is some anti-government conspiracy nutter who hates federal prosecutors, it was because he believes that government representatives need to be held to a higher standard and deals with them in that light. Which is what I think led him to go HAM on Flynn. It was now Flynn who he believed, as a high ranking government official, should be held to a high standard and he saw the bull**** about him being "entrapped" or whatever as exactly that....bull****. 

1

Exactly

 

This also shows the insanity of the right wing in America.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think treason has a very high bar to clear for conviction, as well it should. It's something that's been so abused in the past in dictatorships and monarchies that I'm glad our founders decided to define it very narrowly. 

 

“Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.”

 

"Aid and comfort" has to be defined, as well as exactly how we define an enemy; is it someone we're officially at war with? What if it isn't a sovereign nation (as in the case of terrorism)? What kind of war would it have to be? We have information and propaganda warfare now. The attack by Russia on us during the 2016 election was totally unique. 

 

The key word in the treason definition is "or", especially after a comma. So waging war against the United States is one instance of treason. A second, and wholly separate definition of treason is "in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort." 

 

Russia must be considered an enemy state, regardless of the rewriting of history that the Republicans are doing, especially McConnell who was against notifying the voting electorate of ongoing Russian interference in 2016 specifically. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

The key word in the treason definition is "or", especially after a comma. So waging war against the United States is one instance of treason. A second, and wholly separate definition of treason is "in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort." 

 

So you're going to base this all on the location of a comma?

 

Who do you think you are, the NRA?

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So you're going to base this all on the location of a comma?

 

Who do you think you are, the NRA?

 

Commas mean everything! :evil:

 

 

Edited to add: I learned this in my Legal Writing course.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump and his family have pretty much been found to have been lying about everything this entire time, yet his supporters are going to stick to their guns when it comes to Russian Collusion until that shoe drops.  It's like they actually believe a life long lying liar and his offspring who were taught in the ways of lying, couldn't possibly be lying about the Russia stuff.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Helping Putin out.

 

Trump knows the end game is near so he is out here tryna do some things to help his boy.

Can you imagine if Trump bails secretly and goes into exile with his family in Russia in order to avoid prosecution?

Actually, I think it is realistically plausible that Trump is securing his parachute with Putin.

7 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Moscow and Russia in general are much colder than New York, so I don't think that Trump and his family will want to live there.

Seriously tho....the man has no honor. At least Nixon, reviled as he was had the balls to stay in the US. The more I watch, the more I’m convinced that with every move Trump is fluffing his Russian bed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Can you imagine if Trump bails secretly and goes into exile with his family in Russia in order to avoid prosecution?

Actually, I think it is realistically plausible that Trump is securing his parachute with Putin.

That's the best possible outcome I can imagine. 

I dont care about how the jackass lives out the rest of his days as much as I care about the 62 million Jack asses who voted for him.

He doesn't deserve to live out the rest of his days free but for someone who was revered as some rich half God by so many people the shame of living in a foreign land as a traitor for the rest of his life would eat him up.

Plus I can think of no better way to get his cult to crawl back under the rocks from wence they came than to have their crown prince flee the country a traitor.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...