Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

you have to wonder why him and people like him keep lying about things like the protesters in Paris saying we want trump. There is a reason for that. And it’s not as simple as his ego. And having men like Limbaugh saying it on the radio. 

Really makes you you wonder why they do it. To what end. 

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

you have to wonder why him and people like him keep lying about things like the protesters in Paris saying we want trump. There is a reason for that. And it’s not as simple as his ego. And having men like Limbaugh saying it on the radio. 

Granted, I'm out here in the cheap seats, trying to come up with a theory, and then see if the theory agrees with future behavior. 

Maybe 10 years ago, I decided that the only theory that fit their behavior is that they value Republican Party power above anything else. 

I've spent the last 10 years testing that theory by looking for one example, anywhere, where the GOP, or frankly any notable segment of it, values something, anything, above Party power. 

You'll notice that that I have not yet rejected that theory and started looking for a new one. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

So here’s a hot take I read on reddit that makes sense to me:

Trump is done.  Republicans know it but they don’t want impeachment.  They will allow him to be removed via the emoluments clause AFTER Jan 20 2019.  After Trump is removed it will “save” Pence from any real other trouble (if the investigation goes on longer, they [republicans] will worry that Pence will be taken out as well) and Pence will be able to possibly serve two terms.

2.5 terms actually.  Trivia question I love.  "How many years can one person serve as POTUS?"  1 day less than 10 years.

No way Pence wins 2 more terms though.  Of course many said no way Trump becomes President so the lesson is.........

We're all ****ed.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Pence is not charismatic, energetic, inspiring and he is a bad presidential candidate imo. 

I think he would be easily defeated in 2020 and republicans know that too 

Also.... PENCE 👏 WAS 👏 SELECTED 👏 BY 👏 MANAFORT. 

• Haha 5

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Also.... PENCE 👏 WAS 👏 SELECTED 👏 BY 👏 MANAFORT. 

And led the entire transition team. I see almost no way that Pence could possibly come out of this clean unless he was literally in a coma for the first year and had a doppelganger sitting in for him. 

• Like 2

Just now, mistertim said:

And led the entire transition team. I see almost no way that Pence could possibly come out of this clean unless he was literally in a coma for the first year and had a doppelganger sitting in for him. 

He could have spent the entire transition in conversion therapy and it doesn't matter. He was chosen for a reason. Whatever boxes needed checked by Manafort for a runningmate, he checked them. 

• Haha 1

Remember Gerald Ford only served out Nixon's term. He didn't win elective office by himself, defeat was payback for pardoning Nixon.

Same for Pence, he'll never win as a presidential candidate. The taint of Trump will foul lots of people.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

Money and power