Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

i think as long as the ratings stay this high they'll stick with the formula...and even just from a ruling POV, not a bad way for our true reptilian overlords to keep the sheeple insecure and disoriented with most of them angry at each other and the rest either trying just to tune it out and get through the day, hoping for the best, or left to finding sweet relief in weed, whites, and wine (and I'll show you a good time).

so see. it's really just like any other time.

:o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

any and all crimes, except obstruction. If they convict him of any crime then obstruction is reasonable as well, if they convict him of no crime but obstructing justice that is not reasonable.

How can you determine if his obstructing justice helped result in the lack of a conviction or of finding sufficient evidence? 

That is why the act of trying to stop an investigation is the crime without relation to the conclusion

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Im a trump supporter. If they find evidence of collusion, i will be all for impeachment. If all they find is that he obstructed justice by asking people to stop investigating ... well, i think that is a perversion of justice and a political gotcha.  It is interesting that everyone trump knows has ties to russia. On one hand you expect it because he is a businessman, having ties to russia oligarchs isn't that surprising.. but, the fact that every single person he is associated with has russian is strange.. i wonder how many of Obamas cabinet and staff had ties to foreign governments. Probably not that many, since we would have heard about it by now.

I think the teeny weeny itdy bitsy little detail you're leaving out is all the attempts at lying and deception over these Russian ties.  Literally every one of 'em has tried to cover up questionable ties to the Russians. If all these people had simply been forthright about their ties or followed proper protocol in reporting them, they wouldn't be in this mess. If they werent trying to hide anything, they certainly made it look like they all were.

5 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

There is no real obstruction of justice if he is innocent.

No, there still is.  Any interference is obstruction. And if you're innocent, then why are you doing things that can be seen as obstruction?

Edited by justice98
  • Like 3

Amid turmoil, is Fox News losing its perch as cable news leader?

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-fox-ratings-hannity-20170524-story.html

Last week, Fox finished behind CNN and MSNBC among viewers ages 25 to 54, the demographic most important to advertisers who buy commercial time on the network. Fox News has not finished third in that category for a full week since Dec. 28, 2008, 

------------------

They're attributing the drop to the loss of O'Reilly, but I wonder if it is also because of the really obvious avoidance of big news items. These stories are tough not to cover. If the slide continues, FOX will have to decide what matters more money (ratings) or allegiance.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Amid turmoil, is Fox News losing its perch as cable news leader?

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-fox-ratings-hannity-20170524-story.html

Last week, Fox finished behind CNN and MSNBC among viewers ages 25 to 54, the demographic most important to advertisers who buy commercial time on the network. Fox News has not finished third in that category for a full week since Dec. 28, 2008, 

------------------

They're attributing the drop to the loss of O'Reilly, but I wonder if it is also because of the really obvious avoidance of big news items. These stories are tough not to cover. If the slide continues, FOX will have to decide what matters more money (ratings) or allegiance.

I was a little surprised last night when I checked the Fox News website and Kushner was front and center.  Not so on the cable channel.

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I was a little surprised last night when I checked the Fox News website and Kushner was front and center.  Not so on the cable channel.

That's interesting. I know in many newsrooms, the internet and broadcast have separate news directors so that they are coordinated, but independent. I wonder if that's a symptom of that or just a nod that they have to acknowledge the story some way, some how.

7 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

any and all crimes, except obstruction. If they convict him of any crime then obstruction is reasonable as well, if they convict him of no crime but obstructing justice that is not reasonable.

So you can impede a law enforcement investigation if you're innocent? So sorry, but obstruction of justice applies to the guilty and the innocent. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

One word...Kenya

did congress and the fbi actually get involved with that or was it just a republican tabloid story

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I think the teeny weeny itdy bitsy little detail you're leaving out is all the attempts at lying and deception over these Russian ties.  Literally every one of 'em has tried to cover up questionable ties to the Russians. If all these people had simply been forthright about their ties or followed proper protocol in reporting them, they wouldn't be in this mess. If they werent trying to hide anything, they certainly made it look like they all were.

No, there still is.  Any interference is obstruction. And if you're innocent, then why are you doing things that can be seen as obstruction?

I agree, and that's what i said. 

38 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

did congress and the fbi actually get involved with that or was it just a republican tabloid story

Well, Congress certainly did. There were dozens of investigations, hearings, etc.

• Like 1

RE: Obstruction of justice, the "victim" in that circumstance is the process itself. Whether or not there are ever charges brought, interfering is in itself an offense. Think of it this way, a cop pulls you over and you decide to fight him, you get charged with resisting, it doesn't have anything to do with the reason he pulled you over in the first place.

I'll give credit where credit's due, RedskinsMayne gets some for still being here and trying to engage people on this topic when several other prominent posters have disappeared. I disagree with him and IMO many of his arguments are built on sand, but he keeps trying to build and that gets him an E for Effort. I actually think we need more people involved to widen the opinion base, because just becoming another safe zone bubble of agreement doesn't do anyone any good.

Kushner is in deep **** here no matter how anyone wants to spin it, and once again it stems from the sheer arrogance of this group. The fun part is that this is still the tip of the iceberg, the whole rotten mess goes deeper than the NY real estate dewshbagg demographic, there was systemic involvement that has still not been revealed and they are desperately trying to avoid that coming out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

RE: Obstruction of justice, the "victim" in that circumstance is the process itself. Whether or not there are ever charges brought, interfering is in itself an offense. Think of it this way, a cop pulls you over and you decide to fight him, you get charged with resisting, it doesn't have anything to do with the reason he pulled you over in the first place.

If you fight the cop, you are charged with assault because you are physically attacking him. People don't generally get charged for arguing with him... I would say asking someone to stop an investigation into a crime that never happened is not a crime while punching a cop is a crime. 

If a crime did happen, even a crime like perjury, then yes, he should be charged with obstruction. 

I'll give credit where credit's due, RedskinsMayne gets some for still being here and trying to engage people on this topic when several other prominent posters have disappeared. I disagree with him and IMO many of his arguments are built on sand, but he keeps trying to build and that gets him an E for Effort. I actually think we need more people involved to widen the opinion base, because just becoming another safe zone bubble of agreement doesn't do anyone any good.

Thank you. I agree that it important to be exposed to thoughts outside our bubble. 

Edited by RedskinsMayne

It seems that he should be removed from his responsibilities until the investigation concludes. At the least, he should have his clearances suspended. I think there's enough there to warrant that. Until proven guilty, I won't say give him the boot, lock him up, or hang 'em, but I think there is enough doubt there that he should be given a time out.