Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Eventually you'l see Wilbur Ross's name pop back up connection-wise, and eventually more on DeVos & co. Quite the myriad of potential issues unfolding, and likely will do so over time. One little tidbit factoid (not to be oversold) from the financial side, they have established approx 60 rooskie oligarchs having bought trump properties (inc. condos/apts), a number of whom are directly connected to Putin in significant manner. A number of his cabinet also have existing ties, financially. But many people do. The typcial defenses one makes on this (I'm not going to recite them) are not bearing scrutiny.

Even aside any emolument clause issues (historically not utilized), just the "potential Russian influence" angle re: these $$$ matters highlights that the investigation is not only very serious to those investigating, but is very wide in scope, and might run for a long time on those issues alone, as they are of increasing interest per how much influence are the Russians buying with mega-billions in hard cash. It's a situation with foreign nations/investments that "has always been", but with Russia in particular, and in the last decade and a half, it (oligarch-backed investing) has hugely accelerated in scope. Who knows where it all ends up, but one very real possibility is Trump Org. having serious issues for years down the road. Or not. :)

• Like 3

I wonder what would happen if Mueller were to get a subpoena for Trump's tax returns. No way Trump would just hand them over without a fight. Are the rules different for presidents when it comes to recourse for refusal to follow a subpoena?

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wonder what would happen if Mueller were to get a subpoena for Trump's tax returns. No way Trump would just hand them over without a fight. Are the rules different for presidents when it comes to recourse for refusal to follow a subpoena?

I think that Mueller will subpoena the Treasury department of IRS, because the returns are property of the person and the IRS. Bypass Trump. 

Also, I want to see more states pass laws that require candidates release their tax returns to get on the ballot.

Preferably before 2020.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I think that Mueller will subpoena the Treasury department of IRS, because the returns are property of the person and the IRS. Bypass Trump. 

Also, I want to see more states pass laws that require candidates release their tax returns to get on the ballot.

Preferably before 2020.

Ah. That's a good point. Hadn't thought about him just issuing the subpoena to the IRS. Though Trump could still try to block it somehow I would assume.

speaking of the unending parade of piggish cretins with 'rs after their names elected from southern climes...here's another of those bubbly-brain-chemistry morons (video below) that have been duly chosen to "represent".....actually on-topic, were i supreme ruler, i'd have hannity flayed live on fox "news"....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/05/25/rep_blake_farenthold_r-tx_suggests_seth_rich_killing_deserves_federal_investigation.html

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

speaking of the unending parade of piggy cretins with 'rs after their names elected from southern climes...here's another of those bubbly-brain-chemistry morons (video below) that have been duly chosen to "represent".....actually on-topic, were i supreme ruler, i'd have hannity flayed live on fox "news"....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/05/25/rep_blake_farenthold_r-tx_suggests_seth_rich_killing_deserves_federal_investigation.html

See, this is what Democracy gets you....morons in office elected by morons out of office.

When your Representatives CANNOT (or more importantly will not) recognize the difference between an anonymous source and blatantly fake news then we're truly in a sad state as a nation. I guess electing our best and brightest is just a utopian fantasy. Instead we're stuck with empty suit morons who are barely above the responsiveness of a parrot that just squawks what it hears. And yes, I fully admit that I most likely just insulted the parrot.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

See, this is what Democracy gets you....morons in office elected by morons out of office.

When your Representatives (or more importantly will not) recognize the difference between an anonymous source and blatantly fake news then we're truly in a sad state as a nation. I guess electing our best and brightest is just a utopian fantasy. Instead we're stuck with empty suit morons who are barely above the responsiveness of a parrot that just squawks what it hears. And yes, I fully admit that I most likely just insulted the parrot.

exactly.

• Like 1