Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

1 minute ago, petedaddy said:

trade the man or pay the man, this is getting ridiculous

kirk is all i am clinging hope to right now, just trade him and put me out of my misery

I don't get this. Trade the man? Not if they're not getting the right compensation for it. What are people not getting about THE 49ERS DO NOT THINK HE IS WORTH THEIR PICKS THIS YEAR!

The Redskins might not think he is worth the money he wants this year but the 49ers don't think he's worth that much this year either apparently. 

3 minutes ago, petedaddy said:

trade the man or pay the man, this is getting ridiculous

kirk is all i am clinging hope to right now, just trade him and put me out of my misery

He hasn't signed the tag yet.  If everything continues to go to **** here I could see him sitting the year out rather than play on an obviously inferior offense this season compared to last.  This could get even crazier!

Just now, SlkyCaramel said:

I don't get this. Trade the man? Not if they're not getting the right compensation for it. What are people not getting about THE 49ERS DO NOT THINK HE IS WORTH THEIR PICKS THIS YEAR!

The Redskins might not think he is worth the money he wants this year but the 49ers don't think he's worth that much this year either apparently. 

remember, they don't have to trade their picks, they can wait a year

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

He hasn't signed the tag yet.  If everything continues to go to **** here I could see him sitting the year out rather than play on an obviously inferior offense this season.  This could get even crazier!

If he sits out he does not get paid and the tag is void which means in 2018 if they tag him again it still only counts as second tag.  Zero chance he does anything like that.

I don't need to keep talking about what a risk this is for both the 49ers and ESPECIALLY Kirk with a QB heavy draft class in 2018 and a bunch of unknown factors...

Still a huge gamble.  They have high picks this year and if they don't take a QB in the draft and Cousins ends up not being there in 2018 they will have screwed themselves.  I also would not rule out Snyder being petty enough to tag a 3rd time just to stick it to Kirk and Kyle even if it wrecks his own cap situation. 

7486.jpg

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins "appealed personally" to owner Dan Snyder for a trade.

Per Mort, Cousins was "basically told not to get his hopes up." The well has been poisoned in Washington, with team president Bruce Allen alienating his franchise quarterback for essentially no reason. The nature of the modern NFL is that you have to pay quarterbacks more than you might sometimes be comfortable with. Whomever ends up replacing Cousins in Washington, this year or next, will almost certainly be a downgrade. The Redskins still can't stay out of their own way. It's a sad state of affairs for what should be a crown-jewel franchise.
Mar 9 - 11:41 AM

Just now, SlkyCaramel said:

I don't need to keep talking about what a risk this is for both the 49ers and ESPECIALLY Kirk with a QB heavy draft class in 2018 and a bunch of unknown factors...

this has been addressed multiple times, that's why there is a risk/reward aspect to it

i don't think kirk has anything to fear about the 2018 draft class unless SF is in full time rebuild in 2018 and 2017 was as bad or worse than 2016

6 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

The compensation will be zero if they think they're gonna get him to sign a LTD at this point.  

3 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

If he sits out he does not get paid and the tag is void which means in 2018 if they tag him again it still only counts as second tag.  Zero chance he does anything like that.

If he sits out it would limit them from using an exclusive tag and reduce compensation for the non exclusive tag. This could just go veeeerryyy badly.  Do they really want a QB who hates them on the field?  I don't think KC would ever not try his best, but I bet some of the media interviews would end up being crazy.  Chances are he plays on the tender, but that could be drama city.

Article 10, Section 15(c) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement provides that the Broncos can’t use the exclusive franchise tender on Miller in 2017 if he doesn’t play in 2016. Also, the compensation another team would be required to give the Broncos if signing Miller to an offer sheet in 2017 would be a first-round and a third-round pick.

Just now, petedaddy said:

this has been addressed multiple times, that's why there is a risk/reward aspect to it

i don't think kirk has anything to fear about the 2018 draft class unless SF is in full time rebuild in 2018 and 2017 was as bad or worse than 2016

I think the 49ers are definitely in a rebuild mode. Let's say they have the 5th or 6th pick in the 2018 draft and there is a great young QB they want sitting there....then what? 

Kirk might still get signed by the 49ers....for less....and have to compete? While probably the whole city is rooting for the younger, unknown, exciting rookie prospect to start? Oh ok. 

And Christ Mortensen just said that the places that Kirk wants to go are LIMITED so it's not like he just wants to test free agency in 2018. He has a specific place in mind but again, I don't think the 49ers are nearly as loyal to him as people want to believe or will be in 2018. 

If Dan Snyder really cares about this team, there is only one way to fix this. He needs to fire Bruce Allen right now then sign Kirk Cousins to a LTD. This needs to happen today. Use the current staff to get through free agency then hire a GM before the draft.

But it's clear now that Bruce Allen is the problem. Props to all who were saying this early - although I think some of that was just being pissed in general. But still, fair enough.

Get rid of this ****ing guy! Now!

This is heading exactly where I thought it might.

The Skins not spending much in free agency, now Kirk asking for a trade.

It's looking more and more like the nuclear option will be engaged.

Kirk will be franchised this year and next.

He'll then leave via trade in 2018 or FA in 2019.

The Skins are going to go into next season and carry over a bunch of cash just to make sure they have the 35mil to cover the charge.

Really ****ing stupid.

No one will want to play here or work here pretty soon.

Archived