Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

2 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

If you are John Lynch and see that your team has a lot of needs before you can be a contender would you trade your number 2 pick of the draft for Kirk or wait this thing out and see if you could get him for money next year? 

Well, if you don't have a QB you don't have anything.  You give up the 2nd pick, in return, you get a QB ready to run that offense, arguably in his prime, still young, experienced in the NFL, knows your offense, successful in the last 2 yrs and bring in guys like Pierre Garçon to help, then you focus on defense.  I think if you believe KC is the guy you want running your offense, then yes, you give up the 2d pick.

4 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

Do you know of any team stupid enough to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick plus pay $24 million for a one year quarterback rental that has one foot out the door?

Okay, so transition him to strong safety during training camp and slip him a PED just before his pee test.  Come on, there must be some way we can get back at him if he won't sign our $24/mil offer sheet.

It appears that Snyder will let the team crash and burn just to get his way with the Shanahans.  No one has ever won using that strategy.  In the end he will lose Cousins after spending an obscene amount of money and walk away with no compensation.  The more I write the more I hate this owner and FO and yearn for the glory years under Jack Kent Cooke....

I almost feel like I might turn into a 49er fan just to spite Snyder

Jones doubling up on a point he made in a different article awhile back -- Bruce not Scot is the obstacle to a deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/03/08/redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-has-no-role-in-current-free-agency-decision-making/?utm_term=.f6cdf3ba9fdc

The handling of Kirk Cousins and his contract also represented an area of disagreement. McCloughan had told people around the league that if he had full control, the Redskins would have signed the quarterback to a multiyear contract in 2016, avoiding the use of two straight franchise tags with long-term resolution. That angered Allen, who in turn started blaming his general manager in league circles for all of the negative media leaks about Cousins. Allen publicly has taken an “all in” approach on the quarterback. But sources say he is still hesitant to give the quarterback a lucrative multi-year deal.

15 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I hate this team every year we're the joke of the league.

Bad blood may keep Washington from dealing with 49ers
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/bad-blood-may-keep-washington-from-dealing-with-49ers/

I can't stomach 25 more seasons of this, guys. I'm about to have a lot of free Sundays in the fall. Danny boy's ego is his own downfall.

I loved that Jones article basically smokes Bruce out (in Mike Jones' view) as the likely obstacle in Kirk getting a contract -- while also implying that Bruce doesn't want to be exposed publicly on it.  Though in Bruce's defense I'd get why its better for both him and the team to be quiet on that front.  

Though I doubt it helps with Kirk if he reads it -- because it basically implies that he's losing the GM who believed in locking him up over the current GM (Bruce) who is unsure.

Reason why i like it is if Kirk doesn't sign here -- I think it makes it tougher for Bruce to put the blame on Kirk.  If Kirk isn't back, I'd like the FO to at the very least take to ownership of it so there is a bottom line.  If for example the theory is Colt is just as good, then just own it.  And lets see it play out.  If they are right kudos.  If they are wrong, they deserve to be mocked and questioned.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Though I doubt it helps with Kirk if he reads it -- because it basically implies that he's losing the GM who believed in locking him up over the current GM (Bruce) who is unsure.

What makes you think he's unsure ?

15 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

What makes you think he's unsure ?

it is Mike Jones' thinking

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/03/08/redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-has-no-role-in-current-free-agency-decision-making/?utm_term=.f6cdf3ba9fdc

Allen publicly has taken an “all in” approach on the quarterback. But sources say he is still hesitant to give the quarterback a lucrative multi-year deal.

44 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

What a ripple effect Kirk throwing that int in week 17 had...I mean

Not placing blame on him for all this. But does all this **** still happen if we win that game?

How about the Lions marching down the field in less then a minute to win the game after Kirk drove them down for the win.

Or your kicker missing a extra point in London.

That one throw wasn't the difference between us going to the playoffs last year.

It didn't help but there were many reasons for example team not going to the playoffs last year.

2 hours ago, petedaddy said:

it's the transition tag we'd have to give, and then Kirk could just say, "ok, thanks, i'll take 28 million this year" and not seek any long term deal from anywhere else

So Cousins plays as the starter 4 seasons for about 70 Million.  

9 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

How about the Lions marching down the field in less then a minute to win the game after Kirk drove them down for the win.

Or your kicker missing a extra point in London.

That one throw wasn't the difference between us going to the playoffs last year.

It didn't help but there were many reasons for example team not going to the playoffs last year.

He's always my kicker when he's being bad and he's yours when he's being a good boy.

2 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

Appearanly it doesn't matter if anyone from the actual Redskins organization says they want Kirk. I guess it has to be confirmed by Mike Jones, Chris Russell or Ian Rappaport to be true?

They don't want Kyle to have him more than they want Kirk. Start Colt and make Kirk 3rd string out of spite. I'm ok with that. Screw him.

Archived