Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you watch and root for Dallas if it helps Skins???

Renegade7

You watching and rooting for Dallas if it helps us???  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sit and watch a Dallas game and root for them to win if it helps the redskins???

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I've seen some weird comments last couple days, even going so far to call out fans who won't just suck it up and root for Silver and Blue when it helps Burgundy and Gold.  Me personally, I can think of a million better things to do then sit down and root for Dallas like I would the Redskins because it could help us out.  I don't think that makes me any less of a fan, and I'm making myself indifferent to any skins fan actively cheering for Dallas (which ain't easy).  Its not that serious, but seeing Silver and Blue makes me irrational for so many reasons, so I can't be relied on to make sense in how I feel about them, they've just done too much damage to me over the years.  I decided not to make this public so we don't start witchhunting each other, so stay classy.

Since I've called out many "fans" this week, I feel I should respond.  I understand everyone's hatred for Dallas, I really do.  I know we all hate that damn team.  But when it comes to the playoffs, if they need to beat someone and it helps us, then so be it.  I'm going to root for Dallas to win that game.  Just like last night.  I'd hope ALL of us would be rooting for any result that helps the Redskins.  I can't comprehend not rooting for anything that helps our squad.  If 47 different things need to happen in one weekend's worth of games in order for us to make it, well then I'm going to have a checklist out making sure everything happens.  If Dallas needs to win in order for us to make the playoffs, then I'll be right there hoping that Dallas wins and that their opponent sucks during that game.

If you (you meaning "any skins fan") don't want to sit there and watch the Dallas game, I really don't give a ****.  That's not really the point.  You should be hoping Dallas wins either way.  But if you're just saying "I can't root for Dallas because they are Dallas" then you can go blow yourself.  I'd hope the fans of this team have enough smarts to realize we're all Redskins fans first and you can't win the tournament unless you actually make the tournament.  Who cares about our chances on paper.  Plenty of wildcard teams catch fire, injuries happen to the good teams, and weird things happen in playoff games.  There is not one team in the NFC that is so dominant that we can't keep up offensively.  Doesn't mean we'll win anything, but we have just as good of a shot as anybody else this year.  I want that chance for our team and if it meant rooting for the Cowboys just to be given that chance, then I'll be right there hoping they score more points than their opponent while yelling "WE DEM BOYZ."

Just now, bradboyd80 said:

Ummm......that blue and silver team you cheered for last night......yeah, they're pretty dominant, and already beat us twice.  

They have beat us twice by a total of 9 points.  Hardly "dominant".  Of course they are a good team, but so are we.  

Just now, CBass1724 said:

They have beat us twice by a total of 9 points.  Hardly "dominant".  Of course they are a good team, but so are we.  

Trust me, I held the same opinion after each loss.  But right now, that team is dominating both sides of the ball.  And lets not confuse "good team" with a good offense.  Our D is hot garbage.  Don't let the 5 interceptions fool you.....it was Matt Barkley.  

26 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The seahawks and falcons lost 5 games making these last 3 games for the cowboys pointless.  Why dont you get??

I don't get giving a crap what any other team does.  If the Skins don't win enough to get in, they don't get in.

Do I want them to get in? Of course, but the groveling and ringing of hands at the throne of another team to the Skin's bidding for them?  Yeah, no, but to each his/her own I guess.  Knock yourself out.

1 minute ago, bradboyd80 said:

Trust me, I held the same opinion after each loss.  But right now, that team is dominating both sides of the ball.  And lets not confuse "good team" with a good offense.  Our D is hot garbage.  Don't let the 5 interceptions fool you.....it was Matt Barkley.  

Dominating both sides of the ball?  I don't think you've looked at their games lately since beating us.  Last night was a total effort, but that hasn't been the case lately.

They beat the Vikings 17-15.

They lost to the Giants 10-7

They beat the Bucs 26-20.

Where is this domination you speak of, outside of last night?  Look, I'm not arguing that they aren't a good team, because they really are.  They just are not as "dominant" as you and others say they are.  They are beatable for sure.

And of course our defense sucks, but it doesn't mean we don't have a good team.  Our team is GREAT on offense and crappy on D which still makes us a pretty good team overall.  And because of our offense, it keeps us very competitive no matter what.

Just now, stoshuaj said:

I don't get giving a crap what any other team does.  If the Skins don't win enough to get in, they don't get in.

Do I want them to get in? Of course, but the groveling and ringing of hands at the throne of another team to the Skin's bidding for them?  Yeah, no but to each his/her own I guess.  Knock yourself out.

That doesn't make any sense.  You clearly dont get they are 32 teams in the league and only 12 teams make it. By default, every game you play has an influence on some other team

I don't know that I rooted for Dallas last night

my attitude was more like.

"C'mon Dallas you know ou can't help yourself buy beating detroit.   Find a way to fluke into this win.  I dare you.  I want to play you once more and crush you utterly.  You and Dak and Zeke."

Its not about rooting for the Cowboys.  It was about rooting for us to get a chance to clean the clocks of those preppies down in Dallas.

(Man I haven't used the word preppies in years ;)

42 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

If you (you meaning "any skins fan") don't want to sit there and watch the Dallas game, I really don't give a ****.  That's not really the point.  You should be hoping Dallas wins either way.  But if you're just saying "I can't root for Dallas because they are Dallas" then you can go blow yourself. 

I asked ya'll to stay classy, but instead you decided to act like a horse's ass.  You're superfan technicalities don't impress me at all.

46 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I'd tattoo a star on my chest if it meant we'd have a shot at the SB 

lolz, you're crazy.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I usually root for the Redskins to be a solid team, one that doesn't need multiple favors and scenarios to back their way into a first round playoff bounce. 

the real question is not Dallas. It's "who are these morons who watch this defense play and get excited about postseason possibilities?"  Because have I got a land deal for them. 

Do I think the Redskins have a chance to win it all?  No. 

Is the possibility greater that they could win it all if they make the playoffs versus not?  Yes. 

Chill out and enjoy the ride. 

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I asked ya'll to stay classy, but instead you decided to act like a horse's ass.  You're superfan technicalities don't impress me at all.

Anything derogatory was not meant towards you personally, homeslice.  Also, I'm not trying to impress you.  I didn't think my "go blow yourself" comment was directed at you or your thoughts, but if you take offense over something typed on a message board, I don't know what to tell you.  I don't care if you sit down and watch the Dallas game or not, you should be hoping for a certain result that helps out your team. 

Anyway, like you said, it's not that serious.  And my comment was obviously hyperbole.  Even my signature says "Forum Smartass".  I can really act like a horse's ass if you want me to, but I like you and have never had a problem with you.

*Your 

1 minute ago, CBass1724 said:

Anything derogatory was not meant towards you personally, homeslice.  Also, I'm not trying to impress you.  I didn't think my "go blow yourself" comment was directed at you or your thoughts, but if you take offense over something typed on a message board, I don't know what to tell you.  I don't care if you sit down and watch the Dallas game or not, you should be hoping for a certain result that helps out your team. 

Anyway, like you said, it's not that serious.  And my comment was obviously hyperbole.  Even my signature says "Forum Smartass".  I can really act like a horses ass if you want me to, but I like you and have never had a problem with you.

*Your 

Feeling aren't hurt, was hoping for chill convo, not comments like you made, which you had to think someone was going to respond to you.  If you can't do that, you could always just post in a different thread.  Not going to apologize for my auto-correct either.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Feeling aren't hurt, was hoping for chill convo, not comments like you made, which you had to think someone was going to respond to you.  If you can't do that, you could always just post in a different thread.  Not going to apologize for my auto-correct either.

I've posted my same thoughts in all of these similar threads.  This thread being made after the fact makes no sense since we had a couple other threads talking about this already.  But I like participating in the Stadium threads.  I won't apologize for being me and sharing my opinions.  I welcome anybody to respond to me and my thoughts.  I know I can be a rick.  If you can't handle criticism and/or some harsher perspectives, then asking for other people's opinions on a message board might not be your jam.  Sorry I didn't keep it "chill" enough for you.  

Have a great day, @Renegade7.  I will leave you and your thread alone.

3 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I've posted my same thoughts in all of these similar threads.  This thread being made after the fact makes no sense since we had a couple other threads talking about this already.  But I like participating in the Stadium threads.  I won't apologize for being me and sharing my opinions.  I welcome anybody to respond to me and my thoughts.  I know I can be a rick.  If you can't handle criticism and/or some harsher perspectives, then asking for other people's opinions on a message board might not be your jam.  Sorry I didn't keep it "chill" enough for you.  

Have a great day, @Renegade7.  I will leave you and your thread alone.

Hey man, your thoughts aren't the problem.  Your holier-than-thou approach to it, to quote a poster in this thread, blows.  Renegade has been on this board for coming on thirteen years.  You've been here for eleven.  If you don't know to chill out and not unnecessarily attack or antagonize fellow posters, then you might not be the best fit until you learn otherwise.

I pulled hard for Dallas.  Frankly, I think it's ridiculous to want anything other than what's best for the team to win a Super Bowl at any given point.  It's not always popular, I was part of the "Suck for Luck/Whiffin for Griffin/Take a pill 'till Tannehill" crowd in 2011 so that we wouldn't have to make a trade like we did just to win some games none of us remember now, but to me it's a no-brainer.  Does that mean that those who disagree don't have a brain?  Of course not.  I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

Just because you call yourself out on being a dick doesn't make it okay to be a dick.  I've only been here since you were five-months-old on this board, but I would expect any of us veterans to act like we know how to be civil even when others disagree.

TL;DR - Chill out.

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

That doesn't make any sense.  You clearly dont get they are 32 teams in the league and only 12 teams make it. By default, every game you play has an influence on some other team

Meh, I only care about 1 team and if they take of their business, they're in.  Pretty simple.  

hell, why not just get yourself some blue and grey pompoms and cheer them on from week 1 next year?  If they win all their games it will help clear an easier path for the Skins to get the wild card.  After all, since apparently we're not supposed to expect  them to be able to do their own bidding, whatever it takes to get some help.  Just get it started early.

Archived