Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you watch and root for Dallas if it helps Skins???

Renegade7

You watching and rooting for Dallas if it helps us???  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sit and watch a Dallas game and root for them to win if it helps the redskins???

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

No one roots harder for the redskins than I do...majority of y'all saying I'm not rooting for the skins but for Dallas to so horrible partially watch the game and half the time have no clue what's going on cuz ya got ur mind so focused on fantasy Foosball...again I can always root for the opposing team that's playing Dallas to do horrible but as far as to get excited or to hope for dallas to have success in any way is just not in my blood!!

Did I deny that? I only stated the ultimate result of what you're doing. You're more than welcome to continue thinking that you're the hardest rooting Skins fan in existence.

Also, you don't know what I or any of the other folks here do while watching the game or how "focused" any of us are on "Fantasy Foosball".

If your in the position your in to hope for them or them to win ya probably don't belong in the playoffs first off..secondly in no way shape or form am I rooting against the redskins just because I will not root for Dallas to have success in any way even if it means success for the skins...old school style ..take care of business keep the petal to the metal in division games kick some ass take some names and beat ur ass again in the post season!

9 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

If your in the position your in to hope for them or them to win ya probably don't belong in the playoffs first off..secondly in no way shape or form am I rooting against the redskins just because I will not root for Dallas to have success in any way even if it means success for the skins...old school style ..take care of business keep the petal to the metal in division games kick some ass take some names and beat ur ass again in the post season!

I agree with your first point for the most part. But in our case, it is what it is. lol If we somehow played sleeper and squeaked our way to the SB, I'm certainly not going to denounce it or anything by claiming we didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. It's been proven that WC teams can make moves if they get into the dance.

Far as your second point, that may not be your intention. But it's technically an indirect result. If the Cowboys winning, means success for the Skins, and you're rooting against the Cowboys, you're rooting against the Skins. Or at least you're rooting against a possibility of their success. I'm not saying there's something  WRONG with it, just calling it honestly. I get it. I wouldn't have much room to talk. I didn't watch the Dal Det game, for this very reason. I went to bed and hoped for the best result for the Skins.

Ideally we'd all love for our ticket to the Playoffs to be punched based on our own dominance. And one day, it will be. At least, as someone who's never witnessed a record better than 10-6 in my lifetime, I certainly hope so.

31 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Please let's see a show of hands here...where are all the 45+ year old redskins fans?

43 and I'm from Philly. When I was 6/7 my grandfather was watching football, boys skins. I asked who to route for and he said against the cowboys. I thought that meant for the Skins, so I learned about them and became a fan.

Absolutely I was rooting for Dallas.

my favorite team is the Redskins. Whatever the reason, the Skins were aided significantly by a Dallas win. I want what puts the Skins in the best position.

I personally find it odd that someone wouldn't want what's best for the Skins... but I'm not in their head following their thought pattern, so I probably just don't understand.

So how do u 45+ year old fans feel about rooting for Dallas?..of course if it's to help the redskins.. I'm sorry I'm not here to start a debacle yes I'll take the Redskins squeaking into the playoffs if it means a win from Dallas how about agree to disagree and I stick with my thoughts of rooting for the team Dallas is playing to do horrible LOL...

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

anyone rooting against the cowboys this past season is also rooting against the redskins to win the superbowl this year

I just don't understand this..we root on the redskins as hard as we can hope for the best to work out focus on redskins football and redskins football only and root against the cowboys...its actually the first 11 rules in the rule book all in capital letters....I ROOT FOR TWO TEAMS:THE REDSKINS AND WHOEVER PLAYS DALLAS!!

2 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

I just don't understand this..we root on the redskins as hard as we can hope for the best to work out focus on redskins football and redskins football only and root against the cowboys...its actually the first 11 rules in the rule book all in capital letters....I ROOT FOR TWO TEAMS:THE REDSKINS AND WHOEVER PLAYS DALLAS!!

yeah but not when it means a trip to the playoffs

5 hours ago, Bang said:

Definitely,, ,, i would find it hard to consider a person a "fan" if they did not want what is best for their team. And if it means the playoffs via a Cowboys win, well, go Dallas!

I again I asked if anyone would watch the game and cheer for Dallas.  I did not ask if we needed Dallas to win would someone still root for Dallas to lose.  This thread has passed its shelf-life because some of ya'll just aren't getting it, but that's okay, I don't feel I need to re-validate my fandom over a misunderstanding like this.

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I again I asked if anyone would watch the game and cheer for Dallas.  I did not ask if we needed Dallas to win would someone still root for Dallas to lose.  This thread has passed its shelf-life because some of ya'll just aren't getting it, but that's okay, I don't feel I need to re-validate my fandom over a misunderstanding like this.

Well, all things being equal, it doesn't matter to me, i know you're a fan!

This topic is more of an exercise of  "let me show you something gross". Completely tongue in cheek.

~Boing

37 here...i can never cheer for anything Dalla$$ does positively.  however, i can cheer really, really intensely for the other team to **** up!  that's my angle, & i'm sticking to it.  i can hardly cheer on another team i like...let alone anything the Cowpies do positively.  anything.  like...i was probably the only person who was hoping Zeke destroyed his ankle while jumping into the charity bowl.  yes...not ashamed...AT ALL.  this horrible person roots for a meteorite impact anytime they play...even when i'm there.  

so yeah...**** Dalla$$, way to go Detroit...you did just what we needed you to do.

8 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Please let's see a show of hands here...where are all the 45+ year old redskins fans?

raised-fist.gif

Nfcbeast4721:

So how do u 45+ year old fans feel about rooting for Dallas?..of course if it's to help the redskins

From another thread a few days ago:

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:54 PM, Spearfeather said:

In these situations, I always tell myself I'm rooting for the Lions to lose, not rooting for the cowboys to win.

3 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

So how do u 45+ year old fans feel about rooting for Dallas?..of course if it's to help the redskins.. I'm sorry I'm not here to start a debacle yes I'll take the Redskins squeaking into the playoffs if it means a win from Dallas how about agree to disagree and I stick with my thoughts of rooting for the team Dallas is playing to do horrible LOL...

I take the easy way out.

I was cheering for the Lions to lose rather than the Cowboys to win. :dallas_sucks:

Anyone putting their hatred for Dallas ahead of the Redskins making the playoffs is a fool and not the ultimate Redskin fan.  Reminds me of some on here that are happier when we beat Dallas twice each year than what our record is.  In other words they are just as happy if we go 2-14 as long as the 2 are Dallas wins.  Just stupid.

And I'm in the 50+ years category.

Reminds me of 30 years ago when I started playing fantasy football.  Would not draft a Cowgirl for nothing but then one year I ended up with E.Smith and he won me a championship.  I have been able to tolerate Cowgirls ever since if it works to my advantage.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, but we needed it. Routing against the cowboys when we need them to win is routing against us 

Oh I'm on the same page as you...

was just trying to answer your question... although the answer doesn't make sense because when it comes down to it we needed a Cowboy win...

Archived