Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you watch and root for Dallas if it helps Skins???

Renegade7

You watching and rooting for Dallas if it helps us???  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sit and watch a Dallas game and root for them to win if it helps the redskins???

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I've seen some weird comments last couple days, even going so far to call out fans who won't just suck it up and root for Silver and Blue when it helps Burgundy and Gold.  Me personally, I can think of a million better things to do then sit down and root for Dallas like I would the Redskins because it could help us out.  I don't think that makes me any less of a fan, and I'm making myself indifferent to any skins fan actively cheering for Dallas (which ain't easy).  Its not that serious, but seeing Silver and Blue makes me irrational for so many reasons, so I can't be relied on to make sense in how I feel about them, they've just done too much damage to me over the years.  I decided not to make this public so we don't start witchhunting each other, so stay classy.

The only way to win a superbowl is to make the postseason.  I dont care who i need to root for to make the redskins make that happen.  I have seen too many wild-card teams make the superbowl and win it.  Steelers, Packers just to name a few. 

This team has something that very few teams have.  An elite offense that can score at will.  There is no team with a legit front 4 like carolina or arizona to cause trouble to our offensive line in the NFC. 

Absolutely and I don't understand why you wouldn't. I'm a Redskins fan first and foremost. I want whats in the Redskins best interest. If that means the Cowboys have to win then so be it.

Some people are just too obsessed with their hatred of the Cowboys. My love for the Redskins comes first, always.

I usually root for the Redskins to be a solid team, one that doesn't need multiple favors and scenarios to back their way into a first round playoff bounce. 

the real question is not Dallas. It's "who are these morons who watch this defense play and get excited about postseason possibilities?"  Because have I got a land deal for them. 

1 minute ago, zoony said:

I usually root for the Redskins to be a solid team, one that doesn't need multiple favors and scenarios to back their way into a first round playoff bounce. 

the real question is not Dallas. It's "who are these morons who watch this defense play and get excited about postseason possibilities?"  Because have I got a land deal for them. 

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

And if we don't "deserve" to make it, who does? All the fringe Wild Card teams have flaws and they've all lost games that made you think WTF this isn't a playoff team. Just for example we blew out the Packers and the Packers also lost to the likes of the Colts and Titans.

1 minute ago, zoony said:

Who cares how the defense is?  I have seen some terrible defenses make the playoffs.  It could get hot and have a + turnover differential like it did last year.  If the offense scores fast and early, this defense can rush the QB and cause teams to make mistakes. Thats what we did in the 6-1-1 streak

Yeah, just as some don't understand how I'm not going to actively root for Dallas, (or any other team for that matter) I don't get that you can/should skew allegiances in week 15/16 just so another team can somehow garner credit for the Skins getting in the playoffs.  Either the Skins wins enough games to make the playoffs of their own accord or they don't.

hell, why not just root for the ****sticks to go undefeated so that will make it easier to secure a wild card?

idk, maybe it's a generational thing?  But suffice it to say I'm also secure in my fandom ;)

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Absolutely and I don't understand why you wouldn't. I'm a Redskins fan first and foremost. I want whats in the Redskins best interest. If that means the Cowboys have to win then so be it.

Some people are just too obsessed with their hatred of the Cowboys. My love for the Redskins comes first, always.

Yep, I enjoy hating Dallas.  Keep in mind the question is "would you watch the game and root for Dallas", I don't understand why I can't just see what happens later versus actually watching the game.

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

I've been called worse things then moron.  Hope is a hard thing to kill.

6 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Yeah, just as some don't understand how I'm not going to actively root for Dallas, (or any other team for that matter) I don't get that you can/should skew allegiances in week 15/16 just so another team can somehow garner credit for the Skins getting in the playoffs.  Either the Skins wins enough games to make the playoffs of their own accord or they don't.

hell, why not just root for the ****sticks to go undefeated so that will make it easier to secure a wild card?

idk, maybe it's a generational thing?  But suffice it to say I'm also secure in my fandom ;)

Making it on your own accord is relative. Every team at some point benefits from other teams losing.

I don't see the point of rooting against something that helps the teams I love. Occasionally, that means that we need a team to lose to a divisional rival. I don't quite understand why that's all that odd. 

As for the Redskins "deserving" to be a playoff team...I'm don't necessarily disagree with Zoony. I think that if they slip in as the 6 this year, they will likely get beat pretty soundly in Seattle, Atlanta, or Green Bay. But, to me that's still a little better than not making the post-season (and, as was mentioned, I guess anything can happen once you're in). However, it's also the reason I won't be devastated if we do our part on Sunday and things don't go our way (yes, I realize now that would take a tie, but I'm talking more generally). 

Focusing just on 2016, we've already cleared the biggest hurdle that I wanted which was having back-to-back winning seasons under one head coach. Anything beyond this is gravy to me because I still think we're a little ahead of schedule. We need more talent on defense before we should expect that we can do anything legitimate in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Making it on your own accord is relative. Every team at some point benefits from other teams losing.

I know.  These posts are comical.  How else do you clinch a first-round bye or homefield. You need other teams to help you achieve that lol

No, wouldn't go out of my way to watch.....but I did want to wake this morning to find they had won.

Also, not sure how wanting to see the Redskins in the playoffs makes anyone a moron, irrespective of whether we get no further than the first week. I'm pretty excited at the prospect if I'm being honest :dallas_sucks:

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I know.  These posts are comical.  How else do you clinch a first-round bye or homefield. You need other teams to help you achieve that lol

Again, I asked if you'd watch the game and root for the desired outcome. What's comical is seeing the same thing in other threads of people reacting to the notion instead of responding to it.

28 minutes ago, zoony said:

I'm not terribly excited about the prospects should the team make it. Still I would like for them to be "One of the six" that does.

It's still an honor to be in the playoffs. Only six teams make it in the NFC. Ten others go home.

Even if it's a one-and-done deal, we were still there.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Again, I asked if you'd watch the game and root for the desired outcome. What's comical is seeing the same thing in other threads of people reacting to the notion instead of responding to it.

i did.  everytime the cowboys did something good, i rooted and said lets go redskins!  i got a few of us at Buffalo wild wings to do that!

16 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Idk, I'm kind of a simple fella but I would think that maybe winning more games than everyone else would be a start.

who exactly do the Patriots (or Cowboys for that matter) need to lean on to secure their berth into the playoffs and subsequent home field advantage?

While I understand folks reluctance to root for Dallas to win and help your chances, it's self defeating to root against them in cases like last night. It is what it is. I tend to just roll my eyes at all the fandom pissing contests nowadays. When I was younger? Sure. But over time I've come to just care more about MY team, than what anyone else is doing. Do I hate Dallas? Absolutely, with all my heart. Can't stand them. Hate the colors, hate the fans, all that. Hate Philly, NY, and have picked up disdain for others along the way too like Seattle and Baltimore for example. But my #1 concern above any and all others is the Washington Redskins. If the Cowboys winning an essentially meaningless game helps our prospects of moving further, so be it. At this point it's much more about the big picture.

Again, I get why folks are so reluctant. I didn't watch last night. It definitely would've just felt weird celebrating anything good the Cowboys did in real time. So I just went to bed and hoped for the best possible outcome for the Skins, and I got it.

I think I might have been in the minority here.  I am one of only two Skins fans in my entire family; the rest being obnoxious Puke fans--not even in the friendly rivalry sort of way, but truly obnoxious about it.  So I've developed an unrivaled hatred for everything that has to do with that franchise.  I'm cheering the fact that our chances of making the playoffs increased, but cannot find it in myself to root for them. I tried watching last night and even knowing what it meant for our playoff chances, I couldn't cheer for them.  

Again, I get why folks are so reluctant. I didn't watch last night. It definitely would've just felt weird celebrating anything good the Cowboys did in real time. So I just went to bed and hoped for the best possible outcome for the Skins, and I got it.

This line of thinking I can share; and is basically what I did last night.  I just can't actively root for that team.  

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

Idk, I'm kind of a simple fella but I would think that maybe winning more games than everyone else would be a start.

who exactly do the Patriots (or Cowboys for that matter) need to lean on to secure their berth into the playoffs?

Sure the #1 seeds at the end of the day may not have needed help, but all those fringe 9-10-11 win type teams all benefited at some point from some other team(s) losing.

We just happened to receive our benefits really late into the season.

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

And if we don't "deserve" to make it, who does? All the fringe Wild Card teams have flaws and they've all lost games that made you think WTF this isn't a playoff team. Just for example we blew out the Packers and the Packers also lost to the likes of the Colts and Titans.

Back in 2011, when The G-Nats won a Superbowl they barely made it into the playoffs, finishishing 9-7 with a 56.3% winning percentage.  It's not where you start but where you finish.

Ugh now saying something good about those walkers make me want to take a scalding hot shower.  XD

35 minutes ago, zoony said:

the real question is not Dallas. It's "who are these morons who watch this defense play and get excited about postseason possibilities?"  

I tried to make this point the other day but no one was buying it.  I'm just not super excited to get into the playoffs just to watch Seattle or whoever hang a 50-buger on us.  Maybe if Barry had been fired, I'd at least have hope.

I originally planned to root for Dallas last night but when the time came, I couldn't do it.  So I said **** it and rooted against them.  One, I don't like relying on another team to get in.  If we wanted to be there, we should have played better in other games.  Two, I realize that in the end no matter who I am rooting for has any bearing on what happens on the field.  So I will root my way and what happens, happens.

Never rooted for dallass to win just rooted for Detroit to mess up as if They were playing any other team. Ignored the fact that it was Dallass they played. Will Never ever ever ever root for dallass.  As far as the backing into the playoffs talk there is no such thing when you have to win to get in. If we lost games and still got in from other teams failing to win then that would be backing in. Win and your in is not backing in.

22 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

who exactly do the Patriots (or Cowboys for that matter) need to lean on to secure their berth into the playoffs and subsequent home field advantage?

The seahawks and falcons lost 5 games making these last 3 games for the cowboys pointless.  Why dont you get??

Archived