Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No worries guys, we re-signed Hood. 

Stole my thunder I was about to post the same thing Ziggy Hood is back, the verdict is in our D line issues are fixed.  As most of us said before FA, we need to load up on average (5 out of 10) level D line players and watch out.:)

Actually hopefully Bruce listened to his pal Cooley this morning pontificate abut giving the Redskins a D for their haul so far on D line, doubt Hood bumps up the grade that much but probably bumps it a little -- more importantly, Cooley talking up Hankins as a big signing  and something the Redskins should do. 

Just now, Peregrine said:

So basically we traded Baker and RJF for McClain and McGee.  Which means we did not upgrade the DLine at all.  Which means we really REALLY must be afer one of the two big DTs available, Poe or Hankins, theres no other way about it.

Na you use commen sense and logic. As a Redskins fan I know you should never use that. They will dissapoint you. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow.  Cooley thought at times he was the best D lineman last year.  Not that its saying much.  Maybe its a coincidence but I doubt it helped that RJF spoke about the team's dysfunction and sided with Kirk on contract talks on national radio.

Yea, also apparently had beef with Manusky.  The writing was on the wall.  Was just a matter of when.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow.  Cooley thought at times he was the best D lineman last year.  Not that its saying much.  Maybe its a coincidence but I doubt it helped that RJF spoke about the team's dysfunction and sided with Kirk on contract talks on national radio.

And he was a Scot guy 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yea, also apparently had beef with Manusky.  The writing was on the wall.  Was just a matter of when.

I wonder how much voice McCurksi has in these decisions like the two DL signed 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are you saying he is on the team or he's a FA that we just still consider him being on the roster until the moment he officially isn't signed? ? 

Mine too. He is going to explode in this offense and walk out the door 

I listened to a radio interview where he said he'd love it if playing well earned him a long term contract with the Redskins.  But I wonder if Bruce is willing to pay up for big talent.  Even the stories we heard that they chased D. Jax at the end included a story that the Redskins never came close to Tampa's offer.

That's one of my beefs with Bruce, he's good at getting bargains but sometimes the drill with free agency is to pay big to get a big player.   Not everyone is going to be a bargain.  I guess there is one exception to this with Josh Norman.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

3 Million cap savings. Plus he ran his mouth too much. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Recall reading that somewhere. Tomsula had connections to him but not enough to keep him around, that doesn't say much for RJF really. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I am glad to have Hood back actually. You have to figure they are drafting a DL in the first two rounds this year. I also think they will be using Smith quite a bit at DE this season if Junior can stay healthy.

I'm thinking the same thing, get your studs through the draft and the jags we signed in FA will be depth.

If I could get Poe on a year deal similar to Pryor, I would do it....but I would not give him a multi year deal....back issues.

I would sign Hankins to a multi year deal...only 24 years old

We still have ability to create cap room...cutting DHall salary should save us 3-4 mil......Carrier would save us 1 mil...Niles Paul would save us around 2 mil.

I don't think they can cut Lavuao at this point.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I am glad to have Hood back actually. You have to figure they are drafting a DL in the first two rounds this year. I also think they will be using Smith quite a bit at DE this season if Junior can stay healthy.

I like Hood back. But I agree with Cooley's take from today they need a D lineman who can win one on one match ups and that guy isn't on the team at the moment.  I wonder about them drafting D lineman in the first two rounds.  There really isn't a D lineman I can think of that makes sense at #17 but will see. 

Preston Smith has to be transitioning to DE, which is actually an upgrade all things equal for 2 positions. He's a hand in the dirt player, fully commit to that and recognize we could use an edge rusher in the draft this year.

Archived