Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Fair enough. Like I said my worthless opinion. But when he plays well lets hope your not talking him up in the game day thread.

IF he plays well, consistently and is available every week.

Why wouldn't I want him to do well?  I have no skin in the game as I don't get paid to scout players.  

But as a fan, there's absolutely nothing this team has done about an awful d line to inspire confidence.  That opinion is shared by some of our most knowledgeable and respected posters.  That's what's even more scary.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hope not ruling it out is upgraded to lets talk to these guys.  They have been on the market for awhile, I'd say the odds are good they might be in deep conversations with other teams already.

And those teams do not include us. Sad state of affairs around here.

10 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

And those teams do not include us. Sad state of affairs around here.

Wonder if Tomsula lost a bet with someone at Redskins Park or he's just showing off.   Maybe when he pitched the Redskins for the D line job.  They asked him what does he need?  He said nothing.  That was his hook.  Bruce "You got the job, Jim that's great!"  Bruce goes to Alex Santos hang up on Calais right now, we don't need him.  (Got a lot of Seinfeld analogies lately to this team)

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hope not ruling it out is upgraded to lets talk to these guys.  They have been on the market for awhile, I'd say the odds are good they might be in deep conversations with other teams already.

And the flip side of that is that there is a reason they have been on the market for a while. Poe's back is a disaster and his former team replaced him with Logan. Hankins had similar stats to Mcclain last year on a way more talented DL. Yet people are salivating over signing him. The one I really wanted was Brandon Williams. But he wasnt leaving Baltimore. And they paid him 52 Mill to stay.

With Poe ending up unsigned after all of his visits, I'm starting to think his back is a real problem and will only be signed by a sucker. He was how grown by kc and they chose to replace him...

I had very little faith that we'd pull the trigger on Hankins and now after reading up a bit, I'm sure we wont. Apparently his agent is a complete dbag and unfortunately our owner is Dan snyder. There's never been swallowing pride for the benefit of the team and I doubt it starts now.

I didn't think it could get worse than when reality sunk in last year that kedric golston was our starting NT. I was wrong.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

And the flip side of that is that there is a reason they have been on the market for a while. Poe's back is a disaster and his former team replaced him with Logan. Hankins had similar stats to Mcclain last year on a way more talented DL. Yet people are salivating over signing him.

I am not blown away by McClain but I never minded the signing.  I'd like it if he's Robin.  I don't see the dude as Batman.  What I don't like is that he so far is our prime signing for the D line.  He's the bell cow.  

I'll ride with Cooley's take that he's slightly above average -- a C plus player, a hair below Baker.  You can disagree with Cooley but the market agrees with his point -- it speaks to the deal he got.  If he was this stud someone would have likely seen it and paid him accordingly.  

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A week into free agency, is the #Redskins defensive line better or worse than it was last season? I'd say worse. They need to add a stud.

22 replies5 retweets17 likes

I wouldn't say it's definitively worse, but I can't say it's better either. 

Minus baker, RJF, and Hood

Plus McGree and McLain 

id say it's basically treading water with last year; which is not a good thing. But there's still time. 

1 minute ago, ZRagone said:

I wouldn't say it's definitively worse, but I can't say it's better either. 

Minus baker, RJF, and Hood

Plus McGree and McLain 

id say it's basically treading water with last year; which is not a good thing. But there's still time. 

Hood was re-signed today

3 minutes ago, carex said:

Hood was re-signed today

Ah! Good to hear. Was a big fan of the signing last year and thought he was a solid depth guy.

In that case, I'd say it's a minor upgrade thus far, though no where near what we need yet (again, still early). But at as it stands, I figure McClain is about on par with Baker, while McGee should give us at least similar production to RJF in a younger shell. 

3 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

No one has looked at Brown it's possible that we overrated.him.

Not so.  Raiders are supposedly in hit pursuit, I recall the Colts talked to him too.  There is probably more but that's off the top of my head.

Edit:  see I was beaten to the punch on this sorry for the repetition

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not so.  Raiders are supposedly in hit pursuit, I recall the Colts talked to him too.  There is probably more but that's off the top of my head.

I saw a  Redskins beat Reporter on Twitter don't remember who mention the skins could have some interest in Jelani Jenkins take it FWIW.

They cut the one DL that wasn't terrible and an actual locker room leader. Have no visits lined up with any of the good FAs. 

Right now, the defense is somehow worse than last year upfront. That takes some talent to be that inept. This draft better be a 500 ft walk off, world series game 7 grand slam. 

Like they honestly think Compton and Foster are fine as starters. Let that **** sink in. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's visited the Colts and is with the Raiders right now.

Kevin Minter visited the Colts as well but wasn't signed. Something tells me now that Hightower signed, guys in the ILB market will start going. Frustrated that we're not taking part.

8 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

I sawa  Redskins beat Reporter on Twitter don't remember who mention the skins could have some interest in Jelani Jenkins take it FWIW.

Saw that too.  

I just looked up Zach Brown -- seems to be just Oakland and the Colts at the moment.  He was one of my favorite targets before FA.

10 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

Ah! Good to hear. Was a big fan of the signing last year and thought he was a solid depth guy.

In that case, I'd say it's a minor upgrade thus far, though no where near what we need yet (again, still early). But at as it stands, I figure McClain is about on par with Baker, while McGee should give us at least similar production to RJF in a younger shell. 

Um........

McClain is a 4-3 DT that had one good season. Baker is better. McClain has a history of injuries and is a bad scheme fit.

McGee is a 3-4 DE that according to Cooley is lazy and unathletic. And has a history of injuries and off the field drama. RJF is safer.

Hood was here last year, out of position. With no one to actually play NT, he might be there this year.

We are worse off on the DL than we were last year.

Archived