Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins bench Trent Williams for the rest of the season

wolfsire

Should the Redskins bench Trent Williams for the remainder of the season?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Given a second failed drug test and the investment the team has made in him to focus on his work and keep a clear mind

• No. He's all-conference and can help us.
    • Yes. He's shown extremely poor judgement and hurt his team.
    • I can't tell he's gone.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, CBass1724 said:

I can't wait until Trent is gone!  We are an elite offensive line without him!!!1!11!!!eleventy!!1!!!!  

Time to give Nsekhe 6 years/$139MM with $94MM guaranteed!!!

That's funny. I don't think anyone here WANTS Trent gone (unless the trade return is too good to pass up), but if he doesn't understand what it means to captain an NFL team at this point (dedicating yourself to the team to provide an example), then I hope he gets it soon. I know he plays through injury and is very dedicated to his team and the fans in that way, but there are rules to follow. Most work-places don't give you a second chance. Now, he's facing a third strike which could leave us in the cold one day. He can't be trusted at this point and it's sad. The fans keep the league afloat and we all cheer and revel in some hero worship. I've been a fan a long time and that's why I'm so pissed at him. He wasn't on the field on Thanksgiving and we needed this past game SO badly. A tough stretch without your starting LT for everyone because he chose to get high. If I was the HC and had the pull, I'd sit him from here out. I understand that we need to win out and make the play-offs. It's important to us all. But I feel betrayed. He knew he was taking a chance on hurting the organization and he did it anyway.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:50 PM, Warhead36 said:

Whoever posted this thread and anyone who agreed with them should never be allowed to post again

Said the guy that didn't vote for Trump. You do know that different opinions are ok even if they don't match yours, right?  BTW, this page contains some excellent posts. Really nice posts from several.

1 hour ago, wolfsire said:

Said the guy that didn't vote for Trump. You do know that different opinions are ok even if they don't match yours, right?  BTW, this page contains some excellent posts. Really nice posts from several.

Keep politics out of the Stadium, guy.

6 hours ago, wolfsire said:

No sense in wishing a ban on a different opinion. But whatever.

Dissenting opinions are not only acceptable they are encouraged - even if it does get a little heated sometimes :chair:.

@ConnSKINS26 was actually trying to give you some friendly advice (as am I) since it's clear you are new. Many of us come here to get away from the idiocy that is politics and just talk football. Think of it as a refuge - a refuge that is very well protected by the Mods. Comments like the one connskins26 was referring to tend to get their attention. To that end there are some very specific rules that apply. It may be worthwhile for you to read them carefully so as not to get an unplanned by you vacation from ES.

You are more than welcome to talk politics to your hearts content in the Tailgate - http://es.redskins.com/forum/12-the-tailgate/

6 hours ago, wolfsire said:

No sense in wishing a ban on a different opinion. But whatever.

No, he's right. He's helping you out by telling you. We encourage posters to self-police around here. Had he not said anything you would've been told, or maybe even penalized, at the discretion of one of us Mods once we saw it, either way. 

Per rule 4, politics belongs in the Tailgate forum. The Stadium forum is for Redskins' football talk exclusively. So, like he said, please keep politics out of the Stadium.

It might not hurt for you to really give a look over the rules once again as, unlike most forums, we do like to keep things tidy and disciplined here. The rules are enforced, suffice to say. Thanks. :) 

http://es.redskins.com/announcement/11-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

I won't start this topic but this deserves more then getting buried here on page 7 of this bogus thread. 

Just released today, this better close any ideas about benching Silverback

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-offensive-linemen-this-season/

After 13 weeks of the NFL season, one of the continued trends is the impact of offensive lines on the league’s landscape. Teams like Minnesota and Seattle appear to be severely hampered by the lack of quality they have up front, while in Dallas, the performance of the starting five gives the Cowboys a foundation on which to become the league’s best team, despite a rookie at both quarterback and running back.

There may be a shortage of quality linemen throughout the league, but there remains a lot of impressive individual performers this season. Here are the top 25 NFL offensive linemen entering Week 14 of the season.

1. Trent Williams, LT, Washington Redskins (91.5)

Returning in Week 14 after serving a four-game suspension, Trent Williams has been the best lineman in the league when on the field this season. The Redskins LT has allowed just 10 total QB pressures across the eight games he has played, and has even had to moonlight at guard in-game when injuries forced a reshuffle for Washington. Williams has been one of the league’s best run blockers, but has upped his game in pass protection and is playing the best football of his career, reminding people of his 2013 season, when he was arguably the league’s best tackle. It has taken him a few years, but Williams is finally repeating that performance over a full season (or full season minus four games).

Now my advise is go slap yourself if you thought shutting down the best offensive linemen in the entire league this year seemed like a good idea to you. Never!

Archived