Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

On 8/24/2017 at 5:12 PM, visionary said:

This is why I roll my eyes whenever someone goes at Dems for their "messaging" or "platform" or whatever.

Dems could kick the GOP's asses from DC to Cali and back, and there's still a good chance they would not get a majority of House seats.

Our electoral system has become a joke.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/26/2017 at 2:14 AM, DogofWar1 said:

This is why I roll my eyes whenever someone goes at Dems for their "messaging" or "platform" or whatever.

Dems could kick the GOP's asses from DC to Cali and back, and there's still a good chance they would not get a majority of House seats.

Our electoral system has become a joke.

Both points are valid. Just means that Dems need a game changing message and new faces to give themselves a punches chance. We know staying the course won't work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I swear if that [nasty words for overtly racist Sheriff] comes anywhere near the United States Senate, it will be one of the darkest days in the republic. 

Regarding Sen. Cruz, this is also a reminder that "Everybody Hates Ted." 

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/12/why-everyone-in-congress-hates-ted-cruz.html

Over the last year or two, certain Americans have delighted in screenwriter Craig Mazin’s candid recollections of his time as Texas senator Ted Cruz’s freshman-year roommate. According to Mazin, the current presidential candidate “endlessly hit the snooze button,” creeped out female peers by hanging around their hallway in a bathrobe, and “had SERIOUS body odor issues.” Other Princeton classmates haven’t been much kinder, calling Cruz “abrasive,” “intense,” “strident,” “arrogant,” and a “crank.”

More than anyone I knew, Ted seemed to have arrived in college with a fully formed worldview. And what strikes me now, looking at him as an adult and hearing the things he’s saying, it seems like nothing has changed,” said another person who knew (and disliked) him back in college. Even the guy who has been identified as one of Cruz’s few friends at Princeton agreed with that assessment, though he seems to view it as a positive thing: “He’s not someone who shifts in the wind. The Ted Cruz that I knew at 17 years old is exactly the same as the Ted Cruz I know at 42 years old.” 

Cruz has tried to present his lack of likability as an attractive quality to voters — proof that he’ll stick to his promises, regardless of their popularity in Washington: “If you want someone to grab a beer with, I may not be that guy,” he said during the third GOP debate. “But if you want someone to drive you home, I will get the job done and I will get you home.”  

While Cruz’s “insufferable designated driver” persona might appeal to some of the American electorate, his Republican colleagues — the people who have to deal with him in the cold, sober light of day — can’t stand it. This became especially apparent in the last six months, as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his fellow Republicans have gone out of their way to thwart Cruz’s attempts to hold roll-call votes (generally not a hard thing to do) and shut down the government over Planned Parenthoodfunding. And their reasons for hating Cruz aren’t so different from those of the folks who were on the Princeton campus between 1988 and 1992.

• Like 1

On the heels of Hurricane Harvey decimating Texas in what FEMA Director William “Brock” Long has called the “worst disaster in Texas history,” Texas Senators Ted Cruz and John Cornyn have already sought emergency relief. Both Senators, however, voted against aid for New Jersey and New York in 2012 in the wake of the disastrous Hurricane Sandy.

Rep. Pete King (R-NY) gave a scathing response to the hypocritical Senator.  “Ted Cruz was one of the leaders of trying to keep New York and Long Island and New Jersey from getting the funding we needed, and now he’s the first one in asking for aid for Texas. But as badly as I feel toward Ted Cruz, and what a hypocrite he is, I’m not going to take it out on the people of Texas,” King said. 

• Like 4

**** Ted Grandpa Munster Cruz.

I was in NJ when Sandy hit, and that douchebag refused relief - EVEN AS MORE MONEY WAS STILL GOING TO KATRINA RELIEF YEARS after the fact.

****ing scumbag.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/29/ted-cruzs-claim-that-two-thirds-of-the-hurricane-sandy-bill-had-nothing-to-do-with-sandy/?undefined=&utm_term=.404f30a5e7ca&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 3

On 8/29/2017 at 2:43 PM, Riggo-toni said:

**** Ted Grandpa Munster Cruz.

I was in NJ when Sandy hit, and that douchebag refused relief - EVEN AS MORE MONEY WAS STILL GOING TO KATRINA RELIEF YEARS after the fact.

****ing scumbag.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/29/ted-cruzs-claim-that-two-thirds-of-the-hurricane-sandy-bill-had-nothing-to-do-with-sandy/?undefined=&utm_term=.404f30a5e7ca&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

I sincerely hope that when Cruz runs in 2020, and Fox, naturally getting the first GOP debate, asks their gotcha question about pledging to vote for everyone else up on the stage if they lose the nomination to another, someone says they won't vote for Cruz.

"You voted against Hurricane Sandy victims, and so I refuse to vote for you."

52 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I sincerely hope that when Cruz runs in 2020, and Fox, naturally getting the first GOP debate, asks their gotcha question about pledging to vote for everyone else up on the stage if they lose the nomination to another, someone says they won't vote for Cruz.

"You voted against Hurricane Sandy victims, and so I refuse to vote for you."

I'm sure he would be happy to get that question at the debate.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Will finally lose all faith in America if this happens. 

I actually welcome his entry. He'd split the anti-Flake votes with Ward and couple of others likely increasing Flakes odds of winning the primary.