Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

Dunno if that's gonna work. Moore is kicking the **** out of Luther Strange right now in the polls. Politico had a write-up on the implications of that race and most Senate Republicans are kinda sweating it right now.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2017/senate/al/alabama_senate_runoff_election_moore_vs_strange-6221.html

Edited by thebluefood

To Visionary's last post...obviously we are in the middle of a political realignment of the parties, possibly even a new party. I'm curious to see where this all shakes out. I just hope that once all of this ugliness passes, we as a country learn from our lessons and emerge with something that is sensible and rational. 

Where does the GOP go from here?  "Just barely" is correct... but with the margin in the House and slim margin in Senate, it is clear they would rather just partisan-it-up.

GOP supporters are pissed that they can't ram through legislation.  The rest of the country is pissed that they don't want to actually pass meaningful legislation in a bipartisan manner.

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Where does the GOP go from here?  "Just barely" is correct... but with the margin in the House and slim margin in Senate, it is clear they would rather just partisan-it-up.

GOP supporters are pissed that they can't ram through legislation.  The rest of the country is pissed that they don't want to actually pass meaningful legislation in a bipartisan manner.

Not me.  

I'm pissed that they've made it glaringly clear that their only play in the playbook is "Vote in (near) unanimity for something which every single one of us knows damned well will harm the country, but we think we can get our base to believe that somebody else did it."  

If they were legitimately trying to help the country, I'd be a lot more forgiving of the procedures they use, to achieve it.  

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Turning your back on God gets a little easier each time.

I will say Pence probably shares some of the same views as Moore. "We got to ban these guys doing butt stuff with each other so I can finally get it out of my head! Where is Mother? I am having those bad thoughts again."

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Wait, I thought the admin endorsed the other guy because he was MAGA and this guy was just plain crazy.

They backed the other guy cause that was McConnell's guy and Moore is nuts. Pence is lying and trying to revise history. Moore is what the Republican base wants. More open bigotry and homophobia.

Edited by Cooked Crack

Why does the "Republican Party" even call themselves that anymore? Don't republicans support things like equality under the law and disavowing cults of influence?

"Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite," indeed. 

On 9/24/2017 at 8:15 AM, visionary said:

[Declining popularity of Dems and GOP]

scaletowidth

This pleases the Debs.