Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

Not really about the US Congress.  Oklahoma state legislature.  But it is dealing with a Congress, and not worth a new thread.  

NewsOK:  Voters send two more Democrats to the Oklahoma Capitol

Democrats flipped two GOP-controlled districts on Tuesday, giving Oklahoma's minority party a morale boost heading into a long season of special elections as they prepare for 2018. 

Voters on Tuesday decided on Democrats to represent them at the Oklahoma Capitol after their elected officials resigned in disgrace, leaving the legislative seats vacant and forcing the mid-year contests. 

Michael Brooks will be the new state senator for District 44 in the southwest Oklahoma City metro area, beating Republican Joe Griffin.

. . . . 

The Senate seat has been vacant since former state Sen. Ralph Shortey resigned amid child prostitution allegations.

In Tulsa's House District 75, voters picked Karen Gaddis to replace former state Rep. Dan Kirby, who resigned following an investigation into sexual harassment claims made by a former assistant.

Gaddis beat Tressa Nunley with more than 52 percent of the vote.

Not really Earth shattering.  And I'm pretty sure that Oklahoma is still a candidate for the reddest state in America.  (Insert reference to the state's name here.)  Dems really shouldn't be making plans for their takeover of all governments, yet.  OTOH, it is two Dem victories in a seriously red state.  

I've read, on another site, that both districts voted heavily for Trump.  But I can't find a decent news story that has those figures.  

I have found stories saying that turnout in both races was ridiculously low.  I think one won by less than 100 votes.  And both seats were vacant because their Republican occupants were driven from office due to sex scandals.  

Really shouldn't be breaking out the champagne, yet.  

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/12/kid-rock-confirms-michigan-senate-run.html#

Kid Rock confirms Michigan Senate run

“I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it’s not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don’t look forward to marrying gay people, but I’m not opposed to it,” Rock said.

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy!

• Like 2

Since they are both Dems might as well.

I hear the Dems are recruiting celebrities to run to capture the Trump magic.

Remember the good old days when politicians were dull and hardly heard from?

22 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/12/kid-rock-confirms-michigan-senate-run.html#

Kid Rock confirms Michigan Senate run

“I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it’s not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don’t look forward to marrying gay people, but I’m not opposed to it,” Rock said.

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy!

(Waiting for the GOP to tell him to shut up and just be an entertainer.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Everyone's favorite Russian stooge is at it again, but this time he wants to help those kids being taken to Mars.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/07/congressman-asks-scientists-if-theyve-found-ancient-civilizations-on-mars/

And it is intentional, a conscious part of the deconstruction of thought in government. As bat**** crazy as that seems it is part of the larger plan and in such works exactly as intended.

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/15/stop-making-sense/