Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

4 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

People who haven't accrued multiple decades worth of public exposure and, by extension, villification.

I'm not going to shy away from the fact that I'd like to see some non-white people in party leadership. I also want to see younger leadership within the party. I like that fact that she, in particular, apparently intimidates civil war racists like General Sessions. 

4 hours ago, twa said:

What type is that?

Non-white people that kick ***. 

^^^^

"According to Politico, prosecutors might also be looking into allegations that Sen. Sanders' office inappropriately urged the bank to approve the loan. "

Sounds like his wife ****ed up. Not much against Bernie himself besides the irony. 

• Like 1

I'll note I'm not passing judgment on them yet; I'm more disappointed in the whole situation, including those who will undoubtedly hound them forever even if the investigation finds nothing.

Really the thing most frustrating about Bernie isn't Bernie but how his movement was helped/grown by Russian activity, and Bernie Bros are a very good example of the durability of Active Measures.  Even when Bernie tried to tell people not to fall for it, they still did.

This Bernie stuff was out there since May. Now it's official that they're under FBI investigation. Anyone who thought Bernie would go unscathed through a general was fooling themselves. The Clinton campaign treated him with kid gloves. This would have been his version of "her emails" if he won the primary. The whole St. Bernie narrative was pretty annoying.

50 minutes ago, visionary said:

Just read a good chunk of this article, and I highly recommend it. 

It's not the "one side Good, other side Evil" thing you might think, from looking at the tweet. 

some of us were saying this weeks/months ago. Put out ideas, especially popular and common sense ones often. You know they are going to get shot down now. Just keep repeating them with positive beliefs on what they would do.

They'll **** it up. Have Pelosi and Schumer doing it over and over instead of somebody who maybe we'll listen to what they say before tearing them apart. 

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

some of us were saying this weeks/months ago. Put out ideas, especially popular and common sense ones often. You know they are going to get shot down now. Just keep repeating them with positive beliefs on what they would do.

They'll **** it up. Have Pelosi and Schumer doing it over and over instead of somebody who maybe we'll listen to what they say before tearing them apart. 

I've been saying for some time that I think they should be trying to start a positive discussion about the benefits of increasing the minimum wage.  (First point - It won't just increase wages for people making the minimum wage.)  

Point out that low-income people making more money can increase the taxes they pay, and reduce the government financial aid they receive.  (I would also, however, make sure that it won;t be a dollar-for-dollar shift.  The whole purpose of raising the MW is for low-income working people to have more money.)  Might lead to some deficit reduction.  

To me, it can be a really simple debate, easily reduced to bumper stickers.  "One side wants American workers to make more.  One side wants them to make less.  Which do you think is better for the economy?"  

• Like 1

Excellent points, but the conservatives in lower income areas and lower wage jobs still are worried they would lose their jobs if the wage was increased. The talking points from the right are ingrained in their brains. I live among many of these people and have family members in this situation. They can't comprehend it. The left could easily win over their line of thinking with a high fidelity of this discussion. The issue they will have with those red state individuals will be social issues. However, an economic policy is a good place to start.