Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Trump blocks women's March in DC. "Massive omnibus blocking permit" filed by Trump - no protest for months

Love to see 100K women just show up, not organized at all, just conspicuously wearing "Not Mine!" attire mingling into the coronation. That ought to make for some good optics when the trolls treat 'em like Bull Connor.

47 minutes ago, twa said:

releasing it? no

Should the state AG sue them? :chair:

It was already being released into the environment, the contractor screwed up and made it all come out at once.  How about suing the company that left the mess behind for the government to clean up? How about all of the other abandoned mines with the same conditions?  The whole thing is rally a prime example of why we need the EPA and how business gets away with passing on unaccounted for costs to society.

add: I would compare it to blaming the guy who stomps on the burning bag of poo.  Bad move, but if you don't you still have a burning bag of poo on your porch.

I think the discussion (both here and in the broader public forum) show how truly effed we are as a nation.  People are happy about some of the Trump picks SIMPLY BECAUSE they piss off the people they believe are the left wing enemy.  You know, the Social Justice Warriors, College Professors, Media, Hollywood Elite etc etc.  

Or, people are completely distraught over the picks because they insist on taking the most possible extreme vision of what they might do in their positions.

Today I'm reading and hearing people ****ing about Trump remaining on as Exec Producers of the Apprentice.  So effin what.  Were those people also enraged when the Obama's were earning royalties on their books?  

As I've said before in this thread.  The Pruitt pick is horrible.  Dangerous even.  But the rest of them?  They're right wing people who are going to bring the right wing slant on whatever Dept they are leading.  It wouldnt matter what GOPer had won, the next Atty General was NEVER going to run the Justice Dept like Holder and Lynch have over the last 8 years.

Typical Tighty-Righty response.

The EPA screws up one time and they are then useless and should be dismantled.

Corporations intentionally pollute the environment for decades and lie about the impact and thus we should trust them more!

Bravo twa...seriously bravo

Why in the heck should we trust corporations to police themselves? What have they EVER done to earn such gracious latitude?

Just now, twa said:

One time?....you don't think they screwed up in Flint? :kickcan:

How about trusting neither?

The EPA screwed up Flint? OMG now you've lost your mind.

Following your advice...trust neither...ok great plan...so who polices them? 

You once again offer zero solutions. How Republican of you.

9 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

The EPA screwed up Flint? OMG now you've lost your mind.

Following your advice...trust neither...ok great plan...so who polices them? 

You once again offer zero solutions. How Republican of you.

IN....police? :rofl89:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-watchdog-epa-delay-flint-water-crisis-20161020-story.html

focus seems missing. maybe they are distracted

1 minute ago, twa said:

I'm sure deregulating is the answer....or maybe the free market will solve it.

Oh I know, how about putting a guy in charge of the EPA who hates the EPA...brilliant. 

Maybe next we can put a gangster in as the Attorney General.

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

My only hope is that the Bernie people see this and realize that both parties are not the same and that elections have consequences.

You're kidding, right? The Berners are already smugly wrapped in schadenfreude, they seem to think the country deserves this for not letting them have their way.

I come on this thread and look at the reactions to Pres-Elect Trump's cabinet picks to ease my mind.  As long as liberals and progressives (one and the same...I guess) are unhappy about the picks, lets me know he is on the right path!

What did you really expect?  Seriously!  Did you think he would appoint liberals or bring in someone who supports liberal and progressive beliefs?  This election was a mandate on current policies, shouldn't come as a surprise to most of you.  2010, lost the house, 2012, lost the Senate, almost 75% of states have republican governors, now, GOP have house, senate, majority of Governors, choice for SCOTUS AND now the White House.  Even better, the flailing Democratic Party kept Nancy Pelosi in power!

With 2018 around the corner and Democrats having to defend 25 seats in the Senate, GOP is 2 yrs away from Super Majority in both houses.  If the Dems become obstructionists, that could backfire on them big time.

Your only hope is if Pres Trump fails, if he gets 50% of his promises accomplished, he will be re-elected.  If he fails, well, then the Democrats will  have another opportunity.  I didn't support President Obama, BUT, I never wished him to fail.  If the President fails, America fails and NOONE should wish that on ANY President.  I didn't want HRC elected, but had she won, I would not hope for her failure as that only hurts the country!

Archived