Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

One party has a lot of low information voters. The other has a lot of misinformation voters.

One lacks knowledge, the other lacks critical thinking skills. One is fixable, the other is a lost ****ing cause. 

Actually just made the decision to not stop at substance abuse counseling (one semester and a bit more interning) and instead go full force into psychology and this is a big reason why. This election. I just find it fascinating (and depressing as ****). The Misinformation Age has the real potential to be the end of our time in the sun. What makes one more suspectable and another less so. If it was simply socio-economic and education, my broke white trash GED ass would have at least one Trump tattoo by now and a couple of restraining orders from local pizza spots. Is it simply an intelligence thing? That seems like too obvious an answer and there are obviously more than enough idiots (lacking in the critical thinking skill dept) on our side. So... I don't know.

(And I really want to legitimately study my theory that the common denominator amongst hateful, angry people (racists, bigots, religious extremists, misogynists, extreme political partisans, etc) are sexual inadequacy and performance issues. I swear to God I honestly believe there's something to that.)

13 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Well your Republican leadership had Obama's failure as one of their states goals. So you can get all indignant about my desire for Trump's failure but I'm guessing you were utterly silent when the GOP set out to cause Obama to fail. As such I could care less about your care for America now. 

Really, let's not forget what the Dems did to Bush his last 2 yrs when they had both the house and senate!  Let's not pretend the Dems did ANYTHING to help this country his last 2 yrs in office and try and rub it in the GOPs face every chance they got.   I wonder what you were saying then?

The GOP didn't cause Obama to fail (glad to see you admitted his failure), him and the democrats acted like spoiled, entitled brats who felt entitled and refused to work with the other side.  Honestly, both parties acted like obstructionists and basically stalled the government.  

To answer your question/statement, no I didn't like it when both parties couldn't work together and played the role of disruption over getting things done.

22 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

(glad to see you admitted his failure), 

Well, I said no such thing, and if you believe Obama is a failure then your opinion couldn't be any more ridiculous because the facts slap your assertion to the ground. But then you're of the party who believes there are no longer facts so I could see how you hang onto delusional ideas.

as for your false equivalency you are simply misinformed of history.

#NeverChangeTrump 

#TrumpIsACon

#TrumpIsAJoke

#ImpeachmentPopcornReady

39 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Dems had control of both houses during Bush's 2nd term and first 2 yrs of Obama's presidency, the economy tanked.  Also, Obama's economic policies were basically Bush's policies his last 2 yrs in office and were a large reason for the recovery.

Too often, the President gets the credit for success and blame for the failures when both houses in congress play a huge roll in both. 

So.......when the economy tanked in 2008, it was because of the House Democrats. But when it started to recover, it was because of economic policies of the Republican president (that were being followed by his successor) that was on the watch during the crash??

Hoo boy.  I say this as a conservative that just doesn't like to "just throw stuff out there"..........but can more people just say "I don't know" instead of trying to make a partisan point?  And I'm just not picking on you, Rskins06.  But that's what is wrong with this discourse in this country........

(By the way, I put some updates in the Lindsey Graham/Russian cyber attack thread, if anyone's interested in the hacking news that's been coming out tonight).

Ok, back to the Cabinet stuff.

Giuliani said secretary of state was the only position he had pursued and was not interested in others. “They're down to the last two, three, four. So, it makes sense to just, you know, get out of the way,” he added.

Trump has considered a host of possibilities for secretary of state, historically a high-profile Cabinet position that is in the line of presidential succession. Giuliani’s chief rival at times was seen as former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who is still under consideration.

But ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson has emerged as the leading contender, according to two transition aides. Others still in the mix include retired Adm. James Stavridis, Foreign Relations Committee chair Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and former U.N. ambassador John Bolton, one aide said. Former Ford CEO Alan Mulally also met with Trump recently to discuss the position.

Another transition team aide named Romney, Tillerson and Corker as the front-runners for the job, adding that Giuliani's self-promotion had hurt his case.

"Giuliani started doing interviews about himself, and that bothered people. You never want to be more controversial than the boss," the aide said. "The issue with Trump is you need to close the deal when he's in the mindset. He's not in the Rudy mindset anymore."

Donald Trump’s transition team wants the Energy Department to provide the names of any employees who have worked on President Barack Obama’s climate initiatives — a request that has current and former staffers fearing an oncoming “witch hunt.”

The president-elect’s team sought the information as part of a 74-point questionnaire that also asked for details about how DOE’s statistical arm, the Energy Information Administration, does the math on issues such as the cost-effectiveness of wind and solar power versus fossil fuels. POLITICO obtained the document Friday, after Trump’s advisers sent it to the department earlier in the week.

Of the 74 questions posed by Trump’s advisers, two called for identifying the employees and contractors who worked on implementing the Obama administration's efforts to study and address climate change.

One question asks for the names of staffers who attended any United Nations climate change conferences in the past five years. Another requests the names of the personnel on any of the interagency working groups that calculated the “social cost of carbon,” a financial measurement of the damage imposed by climate change that the administration uses to help weigh the costs and benefits of some regulations.

Still, one DOE staff member suggested the worries might be overblown, saying Trump’s team has carried out a “very good transition” overall. But the person acknowledged that “those two or three questions where they asked for names is what caught people’s attention.”

7 hours ago, visionary said:

(By the way, I put some updates in the Lindsey Graham/Russian cyber attack thread, if anyone's interested in the hacking news that's been coming out tonight).

Ok, back to the Cabinet stuff.

The climate change stuff is some scary stuff.

8 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

Really, let's not forget what the Dems did to Bush his last 2 yrs when they had both the house and senate!  Let's not pretend the Dems did ANYTHING to help this country his last 2 yrs in office and try and rub it in the GOPs face every chance they got.  

They passed his budgets.  

They confirmed (most of) his appointments.  

When the economy tanked, they passed a bailout package, to keep the banking system from crashing.  

Anyone remember "The Surge"? (our response to when the insurgents responded to "Bring 'em on"?)  Pretty sure they passed that too, despite being morally opposed to the invasion of a sovereign nation that never attacked us.

Edit:  I was wrong.  The vote was 246-182 against, so I'm going to back to read up on why I misremembered that.

Our government works when we have a President who works with the house and senate and vice versa.  It seems the last 10 yrs has been opposite of that.  When Obama was elected, we were told (by Democrat leadership and Obama himself) to get over it, we won so we will do what we want, which brought us the ACA, foreign policies, national debt, which are all disasters.  Remember, "we have to pass the bill to see what is inside it" statement.  

This country is most successful when we have both parties working together, the Reagan years and the Clinton years are examples of both parties working together for the betterment of this country, no, they didn't agree on everything, but they worked together and agreed on enough.  Now, today, it isn't about working together, it's about blaming and fighting against the other side for political gains, not the country.   

I guess the point I was trying to make (which admittedly sounded bad) is when we have both parties willing to work together, things will be better.  We don't have that now and I blame both parties for this.  A big reason I like Trump (other than he is anti-establishment), he is a negotiator and has brought in others who know how to negotiate to get things done.  They know, in negotiations, you won't get everything you want, the opposition won't get everything they want, but there is middle ground everyone can accept.  If he / they fail, then in 2 yrs or 4 yrs the country will make necessary changes, if they succeed, well, then they will remain in control.  

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Goodness, they're just programmed like Stepford Wives.  It's all a glassy-eyed, word salad of punditry talking points with thin veneer of K-5 "let's work together" faux-patriotism.

My favorite part was that Trump is still anti-establishment.

2016 populism: lead by an elite New Yorker, aided by Goldman Sachs bankers at every top economic and finance post.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

2016 populism: lead by an elite New Yorker, aided by Goldman Sachs bankers at every top economic and finance post.

Everything Obama did was a disaster and that's all because Michelle Bachmann wasn't allowed to have more input...because Libs are sore winners!

Am I doing it right?

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Everything Obama did was a disaster and that's all because Michelle Bachmann wasn't allowed to have more input...because Libs are sore winners!

Am I doing it right?

No no no, too complicated, you need to get that "Lock her up!"/ "Build the wall" three step goin', KISS yanno?

I stand corrected, you have now convinced me of my error in judgement.  My "Let's work together" faux patriotism has shown itself to be proven incorrect.  Thanks.  The snide comments, funny replies are awesome and just shows that, even while losing, you are able to keep a sense of humor.  Your right, working together is overrated anyway.

**** it!  Guess what, the Reublicans now control ALL, White House, Senate, House, SCOTUS (used to be non political, not anymore), Governorships (majority) and really don't need to work with the Democrats!  And, thanks to Harry Reid, don't need anything more than a simple majority for appointees (damn, that came back to bite you in the ass)!  In the words of the great Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and President Obama, the Republicans won!  Good to see some of you keep a sense of humor though, you will need it for the next 4-8 yrs!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!  Hope I didn't offend any of you with that.  If so, let me know, I will get you a nice tree to hug, or maybe some play-doh, or maybe a warm blanket to cuddle up to while sipping some hot cocoa?

C'mon, you're better than that no matter how hard you try to disguise it.

Whistling past the graveyard is probably the most apt comparison to be made, this shows every sign of being a fustercluck the size and scope of which this country has never endured. I for one just cannot understand (and that is a comment on my understanding) how anyone, anywhere looks at the facts clearly in evidence and still reaches any positive conclusions. From where I sit it seems that vast numbers of people just flatout deny the facts- and yes, there are still facts- completely aside from any conclusions or predictions that can be inferred therefrom.

Dept of Ed headed by someone that wants to eliminate public schooling

EPA headed by a climate denier that takes his cues from his local frackers

Dept of Labor headed by a businessman on the record opposing a minimum wage (not just increases)

AG with an extremely questionable track record on civil rights

An economic team overseen by the very Wall Streeters your guy railed against

Etc.

Etc.

And so on............

It seems that to make any viable point in support of what we already see you have to ignore/dismiss/deny one helluva lot. There is no way this just results in "**** you, we won, we get to do whatever we want, neener neener neener...." and turns out well for anyone, especially for the country.

19 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let's try another one...

RINOs are Repubs who weren't patriotic enough to reach across the aisle and find bipartisan solutions during the Obama administration.  That's why the Tea Party movement voted them out!  

No no no, you're missing the point again, RINOs were Repubs too gutless to reach across the aisle and smack someone in the mouth, THAT'S why the TP voted those cucks out

1 hour ago, Rskins06 said:

I stand corrected, you have now convinced me of my error in judgement.  My "Let's work together" faux patriotism has shown itself to be proven incorrect.  Thanks.  The snide comments, funny replies are awesome and just shows that, even while losing, you are able to keep a sense of humor.  Your right, working together is overrated anyway.

**** it!  Guess what, the Reublicans now control ALL, White House, Senate, House, SCOTUS (used to be non political, not anymore), Governorships (majority) and really don't need to work with the Democrats!  And, thanks to Harry Reid, don't need anything more than a simple majority for appointees (damn, that came back to bite you in the ass)!  In the words of the great Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and President Obama, the Republicans won!  Good to see some of you keep a sense of humor though, you will need it for the next 4-8 yrs!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!  Hope I didn't offend any of you with that.  If so, let me know, I will get you a nice tree to hug, or maybe some play-doh, or maybe a warm blanket to cuddle up to while sipping some hot cocoa?

Uh huh. Didn't you come in here and initiate conversation by saying that you know things are going well when it's the opposite of whatever liberals/Democrats want? Don't pretend like you want to work together. Don't pretend like you appreciate conversation without insults like you said a couple Posts above. You obviously have no expectation of that for yourself and you are not fooling anybody.  This post above is an accurate representation of your small minded way of thinking.

p.s. There is not a Republican in the White House.  I wish there were.  Donald Trump has no republican values. He is the personification of the small mindedness that has taken over what used to be the Republican Party.

Oh, and Happy holidays. Hope that didn't offend your little sensitivities.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

That is the absolute definition of astroturf grassroots.

It is utterly hilarious to me that the populists among us bought into this which has to be the greatest con of all time. 

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Dept of Ed headed by someone that wants to eliminate public schooling

EPA headed by a climate denier that takes his cues from his local frackers

Dept of Labor headed by a businessman on the record opposing a minimum wage (not just increases)

AG with an extremely questionable track record on civil rights

An economic team overseen by the very Wall Streeters your guy railed against

Etc.

Etc.

And so on............

That is dept of education , not public schools isn't it?

The EPA greenlighted fracking ya science denier.....even Hilldog endorsed it.

Minimum wage can restrict hiring and opportunity, certainly best left to the states or cities

Sessions has favorable reviews from the minorities that worked with him

Ya have a point on Wall Street, but Obama and Hillary would be no real difference......hard to tame that beast.

ect

ect

:kickcan:

Archived