Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Agent Orange really going for the "loss of the mandate of heaven" atmosphere.

Reminds me of a meme I saw, back in 2004.  (W's reelection campaign.)  

godvsbush.gif

As I understand it, it's actually a fake.  No, those weren't the paths of the hurricanes.  (Although they're kinda in the neighborhoods.)  But still, thought it was funny.  

1 minute ago, visionary said:

I will say the speech itself seems to have been much more historical and apolitical than I expected.  So good for whoever got Trump to stay on topic and remember facts they told him just read what's on the screen, sir.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

I will say the speech itself seems to have been much more historical and apolitical than I expected.  So good for whoever got Trump to stay on topic and remember facts they told him.

The speech writer should be fired for serving up a text that could have been read straight from wikipedia.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

But look they said it’s, “not a campaign event” 

😉

I usually don't defend this admin but as for as the speech goes, I don't think you can come close to calling it a campaign rally.  Yes only one side got tickets for VIP.  But my understanding is that isn't uncommon for lots of different events.  I think the best thing the Left could do is let this go.  Otherwise you look petty.  Pick your battles.

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I usually don't defend this admin but as for as the speech goes, I don't think you can come close to calling it a campaign rally.  Yes only one side got tickets for VIP.  But my understanding is that isn't uncommon for lots of different events.  I think the best thing the Left could do is let this go.  Otherwise you look pretty.  Pick your battles.

I'm going to agree with Buzz here.  I was expecting....worse anyway.  He managed to get through the entire thing without congratulating himself, or blasting the media or Democrats for something.  About the worst I heard was the Space Force thing, the random aside where he appeared to be encouraging youth to join the military, "they're doing great!" and a few times later where he stumbled over his words.

I know we're judging on a pretty low bar, but this was pretty good by his standards.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I usually don't defend this admin but as for as the speech goes, I don't think you can come close to calling it a campaign rally.  Yes only one side got tickets for VIP.  But my understanding is that isn't uncommon for lots of different events.  I think the best thing the Left could do is let this go.  Otherwise you look petty.  Pick your battles.

When that shows up in campaign commercials and it will; the true purpose for this will be revealed.

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

When that shows up in campaign commercials and it will; the true purpose for this will be revealed.

Yeah, it was a profoundly lame effort given the hype. I can only assume that they got some images with Trump in front of the lincoln Memorial that made them think it was worthwhile.

5 hours ago, Bang said:

Holy crap.

His speechwriter must be just trying to win a bet to see how stupid he could make him sound in less than 2 minutes.

~Bang

Almost 4 years and still mad. I can’t wait to see what happens when he wins again in 2020. 

6 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think you missed the point. The email promoting it was from their campaign, with a campaign header.   

2 hours ago, visionary said:

I think you missed the point. The email promoting it was from their campaign, with a campaign header.   

Thus the campaign is using it to promote themselves. Sort of like....a campaign event.  

I still think we should drop it though. Nothing is going to happen even if it was illegal. No one with the power to do anything about it really cares. 

The shots of the empty Mall were pretty weird. I've gone to the Mall as I'm sure many of you have for the fireworks several times. Usually, you have to get there really early to even find a place to sit. People picnic and camp out all day and there's barely enough room to exhale. And if memory serves true that happens rain or shine.

I didn't watch on TV this year so it's possible the shots I saw from the White House feed before they turned it off were misleading, but sheesh!

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’d just like to note that Fort McHenry was built around 1800 and is mostly known from the War of 1812...wherein the British sacked DC and burned down the White House.

I'd like to note he talked about the accomplishments of the Air Force during WW2.  But the Air Force wasn't founded until 2 years after it ended.

Archived