Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

51 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So this whole thing is gonna be a cluster****.  People are going to be confused where to go.  There’s gonna be ****ing tanks taking up space.  There’s gonna be a giant baby Trump blocking people’s views.  ****ing fireworks going off from one direction followed by fireworks going off in another direction.

I haven’t been to DC in over a decade, maybe 15 years, but man it’s just gonna be a mess.

I'll say this.... 

Won't be like pre-911 when we had the DC-SmokeIn at Lafeyette Square(?) every 4th of July and we would smoke blunts and drink underage right in front of the White House.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mooka said:

I'll say this.... 

Won't be like pre-911 when we had the DC-SmokeIn at Lafeyette Square(?) every 4th of July and we would smoke blunts and drink underage right in front of the White House.   

Aaaaah...those were the days.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, twa said:

allowed :)

you never referred to them as superior officers? .....the Navy must be slipping.

Allowed what?  You said "People in the service don't get holidays in general"  what do you mean we don't get holidays?

And no, saying superior officers is redundant.  They are all my superior.  I assumed you would know that, what with you being such an expert in military affairs after all.

Now would you like to admit you're wrong like a grown up?  If not, I suggest you go quietly sit in the corner with the adults have a discussion.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Allowed what?  You said "People in the service don't get holidays in general"  what do you mean we don't get holidays?

And no, saying superior officers is redundant.  They are all my superior.  I assumed you would know that, what with you being such an expert in military affairs after all.

Now would you like to admit you're wrong like a grown up?  If not, I suggest you go quietly sit in the corner with the adults have a discussion.

Get to me means entitled to, allowed seems more correct since it must be granted.....by who you ask?

Would you say they would prefer to be called superior officers or toddlers?

continue adulting. :ols:

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You ever play that game ‘Want, Settle, Get”? I want ____, I’d settle for ____, but I get ____.

We want twa to admit he was wrong, we’d settle for him bowing out of the conversation, but we get a bunny with a pancake on its head.

And so, the sad farce continues.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You ever play that game ‘Want, Settle, Get”? I want ____, I’d settle for ____, but I get ____.

You want twa to admit he was wrong, you’d settle for him bowing out of the conversation, but you get a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Most of the time, I'd settle for him just dropping the hijack and letting it end.  But what I get is "if I just change things a little bit more, . . . "  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Most of the time, I'd settle for him just dropping the hijack and letting it end.  But what I get is "if I just change things a little bit more, . . . "  

Maybe ya'll should drop it?

Not much fun though is it? 

Image result for monkey trap

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Get to me means entitled to, allowed seems more correct since it must be granted.....by who you ask?

Before I continue reading your responses on this topic, were you in the military? 

7 minutes ago, twa said:

So pretty much the majority of people with a job don't "get" holidays by your definition.  They just may be allowed off.  

And I would say they prefer to be called a term that is justified by their rank and/or position. 

I'm really surprised I'm having to explain so much to you.  (Damn, which one is the sarcasm font again?)

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Before I continue reading your responses on this topic, were you in the military? 

No, and no govt employee either.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

So pretty much the majority of people with a job don't "get" holidays by your definition.  They just may be allowed off.  

If their contract stipulates it they get it or compensated.

30 minutes ago, twa said:

No, and no govt employee either.

If their contract stipulates it they get it or compensated.

You do realize the majority of employees do not have an employment contract, correct? And before you say "I mean a handbook" they are no where near one in the same. 

Plus military gets paid when they have a holiday off.

Anymore attempts left?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

You do realize the majority of employees do not have an employment contract, correct? And before you say "I mean a handbook" they are no where near one in the same. 

Plus military gets paid when they have a holiday off.

Anymore attempts left?

Of course

Yes they get paid since they are not 'off' , but rather simply granted permission to leave (unless recalled)

I got nothing but time.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Plus I can just fill out that I’m an illegal to piss on Trump

Alright but just remember how funny it was when black helicopters are circling your house and you get dragged out in the middle of the night in your underwear to be thrown in a concentration camp that is at 4x max capacity all to after 6 months get deported back to your country of origin.  (Which will hilariously be the USA.)

1 minute ago, twa said:

I got nothing but time.

Or facts apparently. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t believe that I’ve ever taken a census.  When/how do we take it?

Plus I can just fill out that I’m an illegal to piss on Trump.

Well, technically by law you are required to complete the census. Perhaps you were not head of household last count? Prior census was conducted thru a lot of temporary job holders knocking on doors. Paid pretty decent. 2020 Census is going to be the first allowing online completion

2 minutes ago, twa said:

Of course

Yes they get paid since they are not 'off' , but rather simply granted permission to leave (unless recalled)

I got nothing but time.

This follows suit for pretty much ANY employed person. Even if it is a company recognized holiday, folks may be required to work for needs of the business. And if a salaried position, there is no stipulation "extra pay" or comp time would be awarded for this. Additionally hourly folks who work would be guaranteed any monies above their standard hourly wage.

Try again?

2 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Well, technically by law you are required to complete the census. Perhaps you were not head of household last count? Prior census was conducted thru a lot of temporary job holders knocking on doors. Paid pretty decent. 2020 Census is going to be the first allowing online completion

This follows suit for pretty much ANY employed person. Even if it is a company recognized holiday, folks may be required to work for needs of the business. And if a salaried position, there is no stipulation "extra pay" or comp time would be awarded for this. Additionally hourly folks who work would be guaranteed any monies above their standard hourly wage.

Try again?

Last one was 2010, correct?  So we were

renting a one bedroom apartment and weren’t married yet.  Filed our taxes separately, all that jazz.  I was drinking a lot back then so perhaps I did fill it out but just dont recall.

4 minutes ago, twa said:

what does awol mean and how does it differ from me telling my boss not today?

Absence With Out Leave

If the private sector it is typically called job abandonment or no call, no show.

But this has nothing to do with your original post that military doesn't typically get holidays off.

1 minute ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

But this has nothing to do with your original post that military doesn't typically get holidays off.

I think it does, one must be granted to get....the other is purely choice.

of course military folk have a choice as well, the consequences might differ though.