Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Your definition of "winner" seems to be a very low bar.  Like, lower than the Redskins' record, low.  

It wouldn’t take much, would it? To like, further compare trump to the redskins, this is his “Super Bowl”... kinda like when we knock the cowboys out of playoff contention going 6-10 in the process...

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

To like, further compare trump to the redskins, this is his “Super Bowl”... 

I agree with you.  This is the crowning achievement of his administration.  I even said so.  

On 7/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, Larry said:

If that's the worst thing he does, then this is the best thing he's done.  

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They said it would be a logistical nightmare that would tear up the infrastructure. Never happened and went off mostly without a hitch.

Because he didn’t get to do a lot of what he wanted to...this time.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Seems ecstatic about his ‘victory’ the other day.   😛

Seems to think that if he takes credit for a great economy often enough, people will think he actually did something. 

I actually looked up some some numbers last night. We've got statistics on 29 months of Trump. 

During those 29 months, the economy added, on average, 194K jobs/month. 

The 29 months before that?  228K. 

In 29 months of Trump, unemployment went down by 1%. (Total)

The 29 months before?  1%. 

Now, I did find one difference. When I look for GDP, what I find is a report listing by quarters, how much GDP went up, that quarter, expressed as an annual percentage. I don't know the right math to take 9 quarters of those numbers and turn it into an average annual rate. So I just took the nine numbers and averaged them. And did the same for the previous nine quarters. So I'm not sure if the numbers I came up with is actually "GDP average growth per year". But I bet it's close, and I used the same method for both numbers. 

GDP growth/year in 9 quarters under Trump: 2.9%

Previous 9 quarters: 1.75%

That looks like a significant difference to me. 

Oh. And:

Average annual federal deficit under Trump, 28 months:. $868B. 

Previous 28 months: $391B. 

11 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Thats how it plays on here and on twitter.  I don’t think that is how it plays out for the majority of Americans.... I’m not sure how much they care/are aware of your bullet points. I know they don’t really care about the airport/seaport mixup.... 

I understand what you’re saying. Not sure why others have such a hard time with the concept. 

I dont know if it’s a majority of Americans that feel that way, but I think it’s a very large chunk. 

Im also seeing more people take glee in watching people flip out over everything trump does. More than what I recall seeing maybe a year ago. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

That looks like a significant difference to me. 

Oh. And:

Average annual federal deficit under Trump, 28 months:. $868B. 

Previous 28 months: $391B. 

Both of these are the result of the Trump tax cut and spending. The GOP goes from forcing spending cuts to massive spending increases in top of the tax cut. 

They decided, as they always do, that ****ing America long term is fine as long as they win short term.

47 minutes ago, tshile said:

Im also seeing more people take glee in watching people flip out over everything trump does. More than what I recall seeing maybe a year ago.

This is why I've been saying the Left needs to pick their battles.  And they're doing a pretty bad job of it so far.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This is why I've been saying the Left needs to pick their battles.  And they're doing a pretty bad job of it so far.

I'll say I'm seeing it, here. 

The latest being "OMG, he's using footage of his speech for advertising!"

Well, duh. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like it's the most Presidential thing he's done since he took office. 

If you want to attack it, do so by pointing out that the highlight of his administration after two years plus, is that he once managed to stay on his script, and only altered American history 5-6 times during it. Kinda like the fact that the greatest accomplishment that he and his supporters point at, is that he hasn't screwed up the economy he inherited. Yet. 

(And another point. His altering history?  Nothing unfair about using it for punchlines, but let's not try to turn it into an impeachable offense or anything. It's a joke. Laugh at it and move on.)

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Can we pick the battle where we focus on the fact that the man is a rapist and somehow, it does not matter?

I wouldn't hang everything on that one accusation. The woman doesn't sound like I'd list her as "an accusation is all I need". 

To me, the most obvious crimes on his part is his campaign conspiring with Russia, and his firing the Head of the FBI. 

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

I wouldn't hang everything on that one accusation. The woman doesn't sound like I'd list her as "an accusation is all I need". 

To me, the most obvious crimes on his part is his campaign conspiring with Russia, and his firing the Head of the FBI. 

As if there has only been one accusation

Nevermind his own words

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'd also focus on the exploding deficit.  That should help deenergize some of the Right leaning voters.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Now, I did find one difference. When I look for GDP, what I find is a report listing by quarters, how much GDP went up, that quarter, expressed as an annual percentage. I don't know the right math to take 9 quarters of those numbers and turn it into an average annual rate. So I just took the nine numbers and averaged them. And did the same for the previous nine quarters. So I'm not sure if the numbers I came up with is actually "GDP average growth per year". But I bet it's close, and I used the same method for both numbers. 

Tough to say.  Obama had a 2.9 pct growth rate in 2015, and I don't remember people talking about the economy "booming" then like they seem to be doing now. Problem with Obama's term is that the numbers seemed to be uneven, even after the recession had passed. Some years in the 2's, some years in the 1's. GDP growth in 2017 was 2.2 pct...….does that get marked as a Trump year, or an Obama year?

The other statistic that seems to be going in Trump's favor is wage growth, but this, like unemployment, is something that was also trending in the right direction under Obama.

But things on the economic front seem to be working in Trump's favor.  Everyone thought that GDP numbers in 1Q2019 were going to be crap, and it was a healthy 3.1 pct.  Many are saying the same thing about 2Q2019 (which will be released late this month)…….we'll see.  And yesterday folks were expecting relatively modest job growth numbers, and the estimate was far exceeded. Stock market has been gangbusters in the first half of 2019...….I do expect some levelling off or even another pullback on that front. 

I alluded to this in the other thread, but I think Trump's reelection chances are fairly solid at this point, barring a sudden change in the economy. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'd also focus on the exploding deficit.  That should help deenergize some of the Right leaning voters.

Like many of them give a **** anymore, Buzz...….and I'm a right-leaning voter. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Maybe some, but not many. Our local Kool Aid vendor has already shown us their response. "Well, it can't possibly be because of the tax cuts. Obviously somebody (besides us) needs to cut spending (they can pick SS, Medicare, or Medicaid. But whichever one they pick, remember, they did it, not us) to pay for it."

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm surprised this hasn't really up yet, tax increases Bernie and Warren are proposing can absolute help allow that down, but they want to use it to pay off student loans : /

I think the place I'd START, to deal with the deficit, would be to repeal the two bills that (deliberately) caused it in the first place - congress' tax cuts and spending increases. 

(Politically, that method also has the advantage of reminding the voters who it was that caused the problem. So it would be a talking point that pays off in two ways.)

Seriously wish someone would step up and not let go of how much much we paying on our debts interest is going to screw us going forward, how if there's anything that's completely unsustainable its that.  Some people predicting in ten years it'll be more then what we spend on DoD, that's insane.

11 hours ago, visionary said:

I wonder how many Evangelicas would support the idea of America immediately becoming a Christian nation where the Holy Bible was the law of the land.  #handmaids

the_handmaids_tale_-_08_58_29_pm.thumb.jpg.bd60cbc4724ea78ab98852b033c68d6c.jpg

Archived