Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Oh man...

For the second time in a few days, an Afghan Army base was destroyed on Wednesday — but this time by American airstrikes that followed a firefight between the Afghans and Americans, Afghan officials said.

A local Afghan official said six soldiers were killed and nine others badly wounded, out of 17 soldiers at the base. Qais Mangal, a spokesman for the Afghan Defense Ministry, confirmed that the airstrikes had taken place after another Afghan unit attacked a joint convoy of Afghan Special Forces and American troops. He put the death toll at five soldiers, with 10 wounded.

An American military spokeswoman said the Afghan Army post, which she described as a “checkpoint,” had opened fire on the convoy first.

“This is an example of the fog of war,” said Sgt. 1st Class Debra Richardson. “The U.S. conducted a precision self-defense airstrike on people who were firing at a partnered U.S.-Afghan force.”

The Defense Ministry spokesman said one Afghan commando had been wounded. There were no reports of American casualties, although the United States military rarely releases details on wounded soldiers.

In western Afghanistan on Monday, a Taliban attack wiped out a company of Afghan soldiers in their base in Badghis Province, killing or capturing more than 50 soldiers. 

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What genius would actually get on a 737 right now anyway? 

Right call for Trump. Easy one to make. Glad he let me down for once. 

I wonder if Rand Paul will hold a press conference to say how wrong this decision was and to let the free market sort things out.

3 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

2- still statistically less safe than an A300, 777, 767, etc.

Have you done the math on that?  I would be surprised if you were correct if you counted number of accidents per flight hour for each of those models mainly because of the shear number of 737s produced. 

There have been 1,135 767s made.

There have been 1,582 777s made.

There have been 561 A300 made.

There have been 10,400 737s made.

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Have you done the math on that?  I would be surprised if you were correct if you counted number of accidents per flight hour for each of those models mainly because of the shear number of 737s produced. 

There have been 1,135 767s made.

There have been 1,582 777s made.

There have been 561 A300 made.

There have been 10,400 737s made.

There are only 376 737 MAXs in service, which is the model that has had all the trouble.   

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/displaystandardreport.cfm?cboCurrentModel=737&optReportType=AllModels&cboAllModel=737&ViewReportF=View+Report

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea @TheGreatBuzz! What @PleaseBlitz said. Beat me to it, was totally gonna say that! 

Did I sell that well?

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

True.  But Llevron just said who would get on a 737, not MAXs.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

What genius would actually get on a 737 right now anyway? 

Right call for Trump. Easy one to make. Glad he let me down for once. 

You do realize that all 737's don't have this problem right?  There are about 50 or 60 of them in the entire USA that are the model that is being grounded.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You should know better than to go against me, especially on things related to aviation maintenance and related items.

This is why it's been so hard to be friends with pilot's wives over the years. The "we dont talk about the duct tape" rule, makes things a little tricky. 😛

5 hours ago, visionary said:

True.  Which is why we need to get to the botttom of this as fairly and transparently as possible and make sure there hasn’t been a coverup, before things spiral completely out of control.

This post could have applied 3 years ago...because damn near everything has spiraled completely out of control. 

Because of a couple dozen cover ups. 

Sorry, no real point...just thoughts. 

Btw, any John Grisham book will tell you that state prisons are a helluva lot worse than federal. GO MANHATTAN! 

Archived