Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The notion that Trumpy can't laugh at his gaffe regarding Tim Cook (nee Apple) and move on says everything about where his party is right now.

They must lie about every single thing.

Remember when the Trump admin response to "covfeefe" was to claim that "his supporters know what it means"?  

Dude can't even admit to a pocket tweet.  

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Remember when the Trump admin response to "covfeefe" was to claim that "his supporters know what it means"?  

Dude can't even admit to a pocket tweet.  

Not being able to laugh at your own self is one of the biggest signs of being a sociopath that you can have.

Truly intelligent and humble people can admit their mistakes and even laugh it off.

5 hours ago, visionary said:
The senate has too much power.

To follow up on this thought from earlier, it seems like as long as the GOP holds the Senate not much good will get done in this country, even if the Democrats take the WH.  And the courts will be screwed up for a while and Trump and the GOP are still packing them in the meantime.  

14 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Decent, if incomplete, summary in that article.

I will not vote for Trump, because I can never vote for a virulent bigot. After much reflection, I personally believe Trump to be just that. This is a personal belief that I will not defend here and now, but it's not something I could make myself ignore, even if I wanted to.

I will not vote for Trump because I believe that while nobody is anywhere near perfect, good character is important, especially in the Oval Office, as an example for America’s youth. I can never vote for somebody with character beneath a certain baseline level. I believe Trump to be well below that level. I also firmly believe he is corrupt, with a business past just as dicey as the grifting that made most of us conservatives investigate and castigate the Clintons in the 1990s.

I can’t vote for Trump because I believe, in the long term, he is doing more harm to conservatism and his country than the good accomplished by some of his administration’s temporary policy achievements. (I also credit him for far fewer achievements than his supporters do.) I believe he is doing significant harm to our international standing and to important international alliances, that his trade policies are a threat to both the American and world economies, that his obvious admiration for authoritarian “strong men” is extremely worrisome, that his particular admiration for Russian President Vladimir Putin is dangerous, that his utter diminution of international human rights runs counter to American values and interests, and that his obsession with the only-somewhat-important issue of immigration distracts attention from far more serious issues facing this country, such as debt and cultural rot.

Yes, I do support sovereignty and even “the wall.” And I think Trump’s hyperbole on those subjects actually retards, rather than enhances, progress on them.

Speaking of cultural rot, I believe Trump contributes mightily to it. As for the debt and deficits, Trump’s spending policies have exacerbated both immensely.

Trump lies constantly, extravagantly, incontinently. He undermines faith in American institutions. He tweets out quotes from Mussolini, recklessly slings around the word “treason” and uses Stalinist language such as “enemies of the people,” claims executive powers wildly beyond the tenor and intent of the Constitution, promotes destabilizing conspiracy theories, and encourages a societally hazardous cult of personality.

I also see evidence that convinces me he is emotionally unstable to such a degree that it could lead to impetuous decisions — by himself or by other leaders scared by his unpredictability — that could cause a major armed conflagration.

I would imagine it is more than just the campaign contribution but also the fact that Boeing is such a huge part of the US economy and has like a billion government contracts.  This isn't just a point that should be glossed over because Trump got a huge contribution.

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would imagine it is more than just the campaign contribution but also the fact that Boeing is such a huge part of the US economy and has like a billion government contracts.  This isn't just a point that should be glossed over because Trump got a huge contribution.

True.  Which is why we need to get to the botttom of this as fairly and transparently as possible and make sure there hasn’t been a coverup, before things spiral completely out of control.

24 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Very true.  Another important point to consider is how important air travel is to the US economy, and how much the country's confidence in air travel would be undermined if people suspected that the plane they would have to fly on was only still in the air because of corrupt politicians. 

Archived