Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

From today's Washington Post... It shows that from the start of Donald Trump's public life, he was a scummy liar and a charlatan who's sense of self-worth was based almost entirely on how much money he had.  Or, more accurately, how much money people thought he had.

Trump lied to me about his wealth to get onto the Forbes 400. Here are the tapes.

by Jonathan Greenberg

Washington Post Outlook Section

In May 1984, an official from the Trump Organization called to tell me how rich Donald J. Trump was. I was reporting for the Forbes 400, the magazine’s annual ranking of America’s richest people, for the third year. In the previous edition, we’d valued Trump’s holdings at $200 million, only one-fifth of what he claimed to own in our interviews. This time, his aide urged me on the phone, I needed to understand just how loaded Trump really was.

The official was John Barron — a name we now know as an alter ego of Trump himself. When I recently rediscovered and listened, for first time since that year, to the tapes I made of this and other phone calls, I was amazed that I didn’t see through the ruse: Although Trump altered some cadences and affected a slightly stronger New York accent, it was clearly him. “Barron” told me that Trump had taken possession of the business he ran with his father, Fred. “Most of the assets have been consolidated to Mr. Trump,” he said. “You have down Fred Trump [as half owner] . . . but I think you can really use Donald Trump now.” Trump, through this sockpuppet, was telling me he owned “in excess of 90 percent” of his family’s business. With all the home runs Trump was hitting in real estate, Barron told me, he should be called a billionaire.

... I ran Trump’s assertions to the ground, and for many years I was proud of the fact that Forbes had called him on his distortions and based his net worth on what I thought was solid research. But it took decades to unwind the elaborate farce Trump had built to project an image as one of the richest people in America. Nearly every assertion supporting that claim was untrue.

~

More here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/2018/04/20/ac762b08-4287-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.e59cfe8a67db

including link to audio recording with lying Donald Trump posing as "John Barron."  Also a recording of Trump lawyer Roy Cohn calling on Trump's behalf to brag.

For those who don't click the link, enjoy the photo illustration that comes with it:

o-conned0422-WEB.jpg?uuid=068bJENqEeiFaS

On 4/18/2018 at 10:44 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Barry > Ford >> Trump

getting punched in the eye > getting punched in the neck >>> getting punched in the nuts

However, I'm not sure how this information is particularly helpful to my life choices

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/20/604279604/wells-fargo-hit-with-1-billion-in-fines-over-consumer-abuses

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is levying a $1 billion fine against Wells Fargo — a record for the agency — in punishment for the banking giant's actions in its mortgage and auto loan businesses.

Take #1:  This needed to happen, and it's a positive sign that Mulvaney didn't just let WF off the hook.  

Take #2:  This also really hurts Mulvaney's basic claim that the CFPB is worthless.  

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

they gonna try and rig the election

I do worry about the upcoming elections. Besides actual vote tally manipulation, which I think a lot of people think of when they think of "rigging", all that really needs to happen for complete chaos on election day is a disruption of the process. If voting systems in certain places get hacked/go offline, what will the remedy be? Could be a possibility we find out. 

4 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I do worry about the upcoming elections. Besides actual vote tally manipulation, which I think a lot of people think of when they think of "rigging", all that really needs to happen for complete chaos on election day is a disruption of the process. If voting systems in certain places get hacked/go offline, what will the remedy be? Could be a possibility we find out. 

Just CLAIMS that the process is being disrupted would suffice.  

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just CLAIMS that the process is being disrupted would suffice.  

This is really the GOP play long term I think. 

How many conservatives believe Trump's completely baseless claims about illegals voting in the millions? When the GOP starts losing elections, they are not going to hesitate from going down this path. I think it's pretty evident that the post-Trump GOP will be even more extreme and conspiratorial.

21 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is really the GOP play long term I think. 

How many conservatives believe Trump's completely baseless claims about illegals voting in the millions? When the GOP starts losing elections, they are not going to hesitate from going down this path. I think it's pretty evident that the post-Trump GOP will be even more extreme and conspiratorial.

I think they'll tee it up before election day.  No question in my mind. 

Hopefully the long-term effect is for people that actually believe it to conclude that their vote doesn't matter and therefore there is no point in voting.  I fear the near-term effect will be gun violence.  

22 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Is getting punched in the neck worse than getting punched in the eye? I would think it'd be the opposite.

Liam Neeson didn't have a late career resurgence because of eye punches. Throat punches are much worse. You get punched in the throat, you're done. You get punched in the eye, you've still got another one.

In today's example of how morally bankrupt and scummy are the people associated with Donald Trump, Corey Lewandoswki, Trump's pal and former campaign chairman was on Fox News continuing the smear campaign against James Comey by blaming him for not preventing the Boston Marathon Bombing.

“This is the same Jim Comey who I think was in charge of the Boston bombing at the time where we had a terrorist attack in Boston,” Lewandowski said. “This is a man who failed time and time and time again when he was the head of the FBI to protect American citizens.”

Except, (to quote Rick Perry) "Oops." James Comey took over at the FBI 5 months AFTER the Boston Marathon bombing occurred.

When Lewandoski was confronted with this outright fabrication by Andrea Mitchell of NBC News, instead of apologizing, he shifted gears and blamed Comey for missteps in the Whitey Bulger affair:

“Jim Comey was responsible, I believe, and we can go back and check, for the Whitey Bulger fiasco, which took place in Boston,” Lewandowski said on MSNBC. “I believe Jim Comey at the time was the head of the FBI in Boston.”

Only, OOPs again - Comey was NEVER in charge of the FBI's Boston Field Division.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/04/18/corey-lewandowski-claims-james-comey-was-partly-responsible-for-boston-marathon-bombing/RZydkCWMmxiMiYBGhW2OxM/story.html

Let me quote somebody named Joseph Welch.  We could ask this of Lewandowski, of the RNC leadership, of Donald Trump and all of his minions:

Have you no sense of decency, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

James Comey did 9-11.

Also he worked with Ted Cruz's dad to assassinate Kennedy.

Pretty sure he also killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Well.....you cant prove he didn't do any of those things.....

7 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

James Comey did 9-11.

Also he worked with Ted Cruz's dad to assassinate Kennedy.

Pretty sure he also killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Also he's not really that tall. He's actually two evil dwarfs stacked under the Brooks Brothers suit.

The Wiki reference to Pompeo serving "in the Persian Gulf War" is gone.  I'd be more curious what Web pages he controlled, (e.g. campaign pages), said.

If THOSE pages claimed he served IN the Persian Gulf War, all those Stolen Valor watchdogs should be angry.

Archived