Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

On 12/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, Larry said:

Both.  

Your guys did both at the same time, if you remember.  (Just like they've done, every time they've come into power, for the last almost 40 years.)  

(With exactly the same results.  And exactly the same lame attempts to deny reality.)  

Thought I'd  post a followup to my post above.  (Which seems to be generating a lot of likes.  Thank you.)  

One of the things that the next President (Trump or Dem) is going to have to deal with is the deficit, and probably a recession.  (Big or small, who knows?)

We've been due for a recession for a while now.  But we've never before had one, where we had trillion dollar deficits before the recession.  

It's at least believable to me that maybe said deficits are the reason we haven't already had one.  I mean, deficit spending has been the traditional way to end a recession.  Maybe they work prophylacticly, too.  

But it seems likely to me that the (oh I really hope it's) Dem President is going to be in a situation in which he's got a recession on his hands, while hearing screams that he must cut the deficit, and that the recession is his fault, (from the people who intentionally caused both).  

And, to make this scenario even more fun, I have to point out:  The R's Reality Alteration Machine is already running, laying the foundation for their plan to profit from the mess they've created.  I've seen several R politicians hard at work with the claim that "If the Dems win, then they'll destroy the economy".  

I think that deficit spending might be more like qualitative easing that the fed does in order to encourage investment than an actual problem.  If it were a big problem i would expect to see higher rates of inflation. If our debtors refused to assume new debt or started selling their bonds then it would be an issue, but something like that is kind of unlikely as most of the world is still reliant on the strength of the US economy in determining the strength of their own economy (and vice versa).

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think that deficit spending might be more like qualitative easing that the fed does in order to encourage investment than an actual problem.  If it were a big problem i would expect to see higher rates of inflation. If our debtors refused to assume new debt or started selling their bonds then it would be an issue, but something like that is kind of unlikely as most of the world is still reliant on the strength of the US economy in determining the strength of their own economy (and vice versa).

I mean, how many years has the deficit and fiscal responsibility supposedly been the hallmark of conservative philosophy? Then a ****ing buffoon takes over what used to be the Republican Party and suddenly all the “conservatives” are all like, “deficits never mattered.” It’s almost like they are completely full of ****.

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, how many years has the deficit and fiscal responsibility supposedly been the hallmark of conservative philosophy? Then a ****ing buffoon takes over what used to be the Republican Party and suddenly all the “conservatives” are all like, “deficits never mattered.” It’s almost like they are completely full of ****.

Maybe they finally realized they were wrong,

33 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Maybe they finally realized they were wrong,

No, that isn’t it. They clearly have no problem regurgitating disproven rhetoric and on that issue, they actually weren’t wrong (Philosophically anyway. Their actions didn’t always match the words they were mouthing). It’s the being full of **** thing.

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Thought I'd  post a followup to my post above.  (Which seems to be generating a lot of likes.  Thank you.)  

One of the things that the next President (Trump or Dem) is going to have to deal with is the deficit, and probably a recession.  (Big or small, who knows?)

We've been due for a recession for a while now.  But we've never before had one, where we had trillion dollar deficits before the recession.  

It's at least believable to me that maybe said deficits are the reason we haven't already had one.  I mean, deficit spending has been the traditional way to end a recession.  Maybe they work prophylacticly, too.  

But it seems likely to me that the (oh I really hope it's) Dem President is going to be in a situation in which he's got a recession on his hands, while hearing screams that he must cut the deficit, and that the recession is his fault, (from the people who intentionally caused both).  

And, to make this scenario even more fun, I have to point out:  The R's Reality Alteration Machine is already running, laying the foundation for their plan to profit from the mess they've created.  I've seen several R politicians hard at work with the claim that "If the Dems win, then they'll destroy the economy".  

This is why when I see anything related to the economy and how strong it is and how it's good for Trump, I'm always thinking what lazy ****ing reporting that is. The economy is going well cause we are spending without regard to deficits. It's insane that the deficits increasing so dramatically while we have a good economy is just no big deal to policy nor the new media and apparently not many voters. Which all begs the question, do deficits matter any more? Does this debt actually matter? I see no end in site and no willingness by the power structure in this country to ever pay it down. 

52 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Which all begs the question, do deficits matter any more? Does this debt actually matter? I see no end in site and no willingness by the power structure in this country to ever pay it down. 

Oh, the debt will become a national crisis. The instant that it becomes a Dem's job to clean it up. 

And the R's will even be willing to pretend to be bipartisan when it comes to how to reduce it. They'll probably only demand that 90% of any deficit reduction must be from a social program which the Dems must choose. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

This is why when I see anything related to the economy and how strong it is and how it's good for Trump, I'm always thinking what lazy ****ing reporting that is. The economy is going well cause we are spending without regard to deficits. It's insane that the deficits increasing so dramatically while we have a good economy is just no big deal to policy nor the new media and apparently not many voters. Which all begs the question, do deficits matter any more? Does this debt actually matter? I see no end in site and no willingness by the power structure in this country to ever pay it down. 

When the 2nd great depression starts early in 2021; they will have no choice.

Archived