Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I look at that region of the world with a "No good solution" point of view.  It is a place we should obviously keep an eye on at all times, and when left no choice we can intervene in the most minimalist way possible but until the people themselves in that region are compelled to start a revolution in which allied forces can back, these internationalist wars and wars by proxy need to stop.   

Yeah, I kinda liked it when our policy was along the lines of "If the people of a country want to overthrow their dictator, and have the people to do it, then the US will prevent the dictator from using air power against the revolutionaries, but you're pretty much on your own after that."  

(Although, again, that's what our policy looked like, to me.  I don't remember it ever explicitly stated that way.)  

Struck me as a policy that might actually work, long term.  

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Probably just a symptom of my overly simplistic knowledge of things. But it sure seems like things were a lot better "over there", back when Saddam and the Ayatollah were at war with each other. 

Iraq's failure to defeat Iran resulted in the invasion of Kuwait and the Persian Gulf War. The US has been stuck with the Iraq Problem ever since.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Things going 'great' for us internationally right now....

As much as I hate to defend Trump, though, let's not pretend that somebody else would have talked NK into giving up their nuclear weapons, either.  We had some leverage, a while ago.  (And not much, then.)  But we let them develop nuclear weapons.  Which got rid of a lot of leverage we had.  

And I do think it's fair to criticize Trump for spending the biggest card we had, on a photo op for himself.  

It's amazing that Trump is just getting more and more brazen in his lying. That tweet about approving the veterans program CHOICE?  There is no way in hell he even knew what that was until someone in his administration likely brought it up for some reason, so of course the first thing Trump does is run out and tweet that he is the one that made it happen.  How much longer can his supporters not be looked at as idiots for not only putting up with it, but actively cheering it on?

Oh and here comes our proxy war with Iran just in time for the election year because I am sure someone told Trump that "President's don't lose re-election in time of war"

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's amazing that Trump is just getting more and more brazen in his lying. That tweet about approving the veterans program CHOICE?  There is no way in hell he even knew what that was until someone in his administration likely brought it up for some reason, so of course the first thing Trump does is run out and tweet that he is the one that made it happen.  How much longer can his supporters not be looked at as idiots for not only putting up with it, but actively cheering it on?

He keeps telling the same lie over and over again. At this point anyone who labels themselves a Trump supporter is an idiot.

I think that idiot has actually convinced himself that Schiff doing a parody of Trump's call with Ukraine is actually some colossal scandal. 

Also...."We won 196 to nothing"? Wut? So he also seems to have convinced himself that since no Republicans voted to impeach him, it didn't happen? And that means he...won...somehow? Even though he's still impeached?

Archived