Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Just pointing out - The GOP is not ignoring Trump's lies.  

They're actively working to support them.  

Heck, every single thing Devin Nunes has done, for the last year, has been done for the specific purpose of supporting Trump's lies, often before he even uttered them.  

The GOP, as a whole, made the decision over a year ago that if these investigations turned up collaboration with Russia, Presidential bribery, marital infidelity, or anything else, that their response would be to use the Jedi Mind Trick to make it go away and to actually do nothing.  They've been working towards that goal since that time.  

This is not a Trump thing.  This is a GOP thing.  

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

This is not a Trump thing.  This is a GOP thing.  

Yep. I've been saying that since the election. In reality, it's not just even a GOP Congress thing, but Conservative America, Evangelicals, Conservative Media, and the GOP in totality. I suppose a few never-Trumpers might be off the hook, but then only if they have acted in opposition by their votes, their cash, or in the streets. Benign neglect is not innocence.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yep. I've been saying that since the election. In reality, it's not just even a GOP Congress thing, but Conservative America, Evangelicals, Conservative Media, and the GOP in totality. I suppose a few never-Trumpers might be off the hook, but then only if they have acted in opposition by their votes, their cash, or in the streets. Benign neglect is not innocence.

Oh, absolutely agree.  It's not just the hyper-partisan politicians in Washington, either.  It's the entire "side".  

Roughly (my estimate) 90% of GOP voters in, was it Alabama?, demonstrated that they will willingly, knowingly vote for someone with a decades-long history of pedophilia, if he's got an R after his name.  

And the folks who are actively working to create an alternate reality to cover for Trump?  They don't even have the "still better than a Democrat" untrue talking point to defend their lack of morality.  They're willingly selling their integrity, simply to prevent Trump from being replaced by Pence.  

11 hours ago, visionary said:

It's fine. I hope when Dems are back in power, with control of the Senate and the House, they get rid of the legislative filibuster. It's the only thing that will counteract the GOP's judicial agenda.

It’s really a Fox News thing.  Over the course of the last two decades, the entire party and platform has been co-opted by a relentless army of nonsense-spouting, punditry know-nothings catering to the lowest possible denominator on a 24/7 loop.

Apparently, it’s quite lucrative work if you can get it.

42 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just thought I'd clarify what you just posted.

Well when your options are that or roll over... Unfortunately, playing nice isn’t going to help.

BTW, Trump is going to fire Mueller at some point, maybe order an investigation into him and his other political opponents, and the Republican Party will do everything in their power to support him. To the folks who believed it when GOP leaders said that would be the beginning of the end of his presidency, you’re foolish for trusting those mother****ers.

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just thought I'd clarify what you just posted.  

Hey, so, fun topic......

Any of yall think that the Dems should break some constitutional norms just so that this kind of stuff cant happen again when/if they ever attain the power to do so? Like really do something they shouldn't in the name of democracy. 

I want to say yes, but the gulf between them and the Repubs aint that wide, in my eyes. I dont trust them any more than the Repubs but right now they happen to fall on the same side as me. In 20 years they could be even worse than anything we ever imagined the repubs could do now. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s really a Fox News thing.  Over the course of the last two decades, the entire party and platform has been co-opted by a relentless army of nonsense-spouting, punditry know-nothings catering to the lowest possible denominator on a 24/7 loop.

Apparently, it’s quite lucrative work if you can get it.

It goes further back then that.  It really started with Limbaugh as far back as the late 1980s early 1990s.

I remember there being a segment where it was reported that Bush attacked somebody in a speech (Dukakis I believe, but it might have been Clinton).  Limbaugh plays a small clip of the Bush speech and goes on a spiel of how there was not attack..  Of course there was, Limbuagh just didn't show the whole speech and left out the part with the attack.

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hey, so, fun topic......

Any of yall think that the Dems should break some constitutional norms just so that this kind of stuff cant happen again when/if they ever attain the power to do so? Like really do something they shouldn't in the name of democracy. 

I want to say yes, but the gulf between them and the Repubs aint that wide, in my eyes. I dont trust them any more than the Repubs but right now they happen to fall on the same side as me. In 20 years they could be even worse than anything we ever imagined the repubs could do now. 

You need more specific examples of what you'd support for me to help answer that for you.  I'd need to do more research into the filibuster options before saying get rid of them all.  My concern isn't dems becoming as bad as gop, it's that historically our federal government swings between being dominated by either party.  History says congress will turn red again after it turns blue, if we do that, everything that was put in place to protect our voice will be gone.

They don't need to break the Constitution, they need to pass some criminal statutes with felonies defined and real punishment

Like nepotism laws, campaign finance reform, financial disclosure violations (lose your job, go to jail), complete public financial disclosure including tax returns for all federally elected and appointed positional candidates.I

There's more I'm sure.

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

complete public financial disclosure including tax returns for all federally elected and appointed positional candidates.

Can't support this.

IRS already has tax returns, they should be able to review them and make public only whats actually in violation of the law or DOJ determines as a possible threat, like blackmail.  We can't on the one hand be adament about privacy then publicly strip naked everyone who runs for office, it's a big reason some many that are qualified don't want to do it, it's too personal now.

If you dig deep enough you can find dirt on anyone, then policies anf platforms become secondary.

These people are the scum of the earth, and the people defending and obfuscating on their behalf would do well to recognize which side of history they are on. This is NOT normal ideological differences. This is NOT a party vs party issue. IF it were either of those two things I would NOT be quoting Joe Walsh and Rick Wilson with nearly the frequency that I do so today. When you see THAT level of unprecedented crossing of ideological lines in the face of Trump and his merry band of criminal conspirators you KNOW something is awry. 

The sheer level of silence and tacit approval from GOP elected officials is simply alarming. I cannot determine if they KNOW Trump is guilty and will be gone as a result and are thus hoding from their insane clown posse of voters, or are they actively leveraging their current political advantage in order to undermine 30 years worth of oversight and safety measures in order to advance the profits of a few wealthy supporters. To quote a famous philosopher, “I think maybe it’s both, maybe both are happening at the same time.” ~Forest Gump

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

They're not.  

Being moral is one of the choices.  

Cool. And when a coworker slaps you in the nuts every day for ten years and anyone with the authority to do anything about it absolutely refuses to, and you’ve tried being moral and all it’s resulted in is him doing it more often and with a car antenna (oh, and getting a promotion)...

No one will ever talk about it before the election, but I'd suspect if the Dems do get the House back they will seriously consider an impeachment vote (which the Senate will never pass afterwards since it takes 2/3 vote there).

But the damage to the Trump Presidency will be official.

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

It goes further back then that.  It really started with Limbaugh as far back as the late 1980s early 1990s.

I remember there being a segment where it was reported that Bush attacked somebody in a speech (Dukakis I believe, but it might have been Clinton).  Limbaugh plays a small clip of the Bush speech and goes on a spiel of how there was not attack..  Of course there was, Limbuagh just didn't show the whole speech and left out the part with the attack.

Re: Limbaugh.

When I was in my 20s, late 70s early 80s, I was in the DMV area.  My car radio was set to WRC radio, which for part of that time was all news, and then transitioned to news and talk.  Their afternoon drive time show featured Bat Buchannen, noted conservative columnist, WH staffer under Nixon and Ford, and Tom Braeden, noted liberal columnist, WH staffer under JFK and LBJ (and author of the book "Eight is Enough", which was based on his family.)  

I enjoyed listening to them.  Learned a lot.  Liked the way they both were incredibly well informed, and kept each other honest.  Neither one could pull out some bogus statistic without the other one knowing where it came from, and why it was bogus.  

I moved to Norfolk.  Couldn't get WRC any more.  But I missed the political talk format.  Found a guy named Limbaugh on the dial.  He didn't have an opponent to keep him honest, but I figured I'm smart enough to tell the difference between fact and spin, and surely his facts wouldn't just be lies.  I could listen to the facts and ignore any spin he threw in.  

One of my "light bulb lighting up next to my head" moments was when Limbaugh announced that now, you listeners out there, the liberal media is about to tell you something, and it's a lie, and I want you all to ignore it, and here's why.  The liberal media is going to tell you that the federal deficit just set a new record, breaking the record that was set last year, which broke the record that was set the year before that.  

And the liberal media is going to want you to think that Ronald Reagan passing the biggest tax cut in history, while simultaneously passing the biggest peacetime military increase in history, had something to do with it.  

But here's the dirty secret that the liberal media doesn't want you to know, and only you listeners to my show will hear:  

The US constitution clearly states that Congress is solely responsible for the US deficit, and the President has absolutely nothing to do with it.  

And this proves to all of you what you've already known.  All of the media except for my show are liberal propaganda.  Because the liberal media will simply state that the federal deficit set a record, without telling you this (untrue) fact, to tell you who to blame for it.  

Seriously.  The media is biased, because it simply reports a fact without telling you what to think about it.  And I'm unbiased, because I'm telling you what to think about it, and giving you this 10 pound lie to back it up.  

He spent his entire three hour show on this theme, simply repeating it every 20 minutes or so.  

And then, after that show, I began noticing it more and more.  

"Now, listeners, the liberal media is about to be telling you about some scandal in the Reagan White House.  But you need to ignore this news, because the person who revealed this information is currently employed in the Reagan White House, and that makes him unethical.  Because the ethical thing for him to do, if this were true, would be to resign his job, before he revealed this information."  

"Now, listeners, there's going to be another scandal in the Reagan White House.  But you need to ignore it, because the source for this news is a former employee of the Reagan WH, and everybody knows that former employees have no credibility at all."  

"Now, listeners, there's going to be another scandal about the WH.  But you need to ignore this, because the source for this story?  There's rumors that he's thinking about writing a book."  

It seemed like 2/3 of his show was telling his listeners which parts of reality to ignore.  And giving them reasons for ignoring that reality which were either lies, or at least made no sense at all.  

In short, I've known that Limbaugh was programming conservatives to ignore reality, since the early 80's.  Because I witnessed him doing it, live, over a period of years.  

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No one will ever talk about it before the election, but I'd suspect if the Dems do get the House back they will seriously consider an impeachment vote (which the Senate will never pass afterwards since it takes 2/3 vote there).

But the damage to the Trump Presidency will be official.

Will it?  

The GOP House voted to impeach Bill Clinton.  

It was a completely partisan, openly political move.  They'd spend four years "investigating" him, which consisted entirely of "let's have lots of hearings in which we will look for anything that we can make sound bad, and then try to claim that the mere fact that we've been doing this somehow means that Clinton must be dirty".  And the voters had gotten sick of it, and voted them out of office.  So they needed to vote to impeach him, quick, while they still had power (and the voters can't punish us any more, cause the election is already over), so we can try to claim that this show vote retroactively justifies the unprecedented abuse of power we've been committing for the last four years.  

But it happened.  

Archived