Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How are you adjusting your schedule for the London game?

NattyBo

Yeah another West Coast guy here,  6:30am kickoff? Well, usually I wake up around 8am and cook breakfast for the family before I tune the rest of the world out.  That won't be happening this Sunday.

I have my alarm set for 6:15am. I'll be watching horror movies and playing video games all night so I might end up not even sleeping. Oooor I'll pass out against my will around 230/3am.

Great Thread!

My brother is somewhat of a Novice cook.  He can make amazing Crepes with home made cream.  So we will be having homemade Crepes with bananna and Nutella.  

I will be in charge of cutting potatoes and adding corned beef.  We will then be frying that and making corned beef hash!!! 

Last but not least we will be making Fresh squeezed Orange Juice as well as Coffee!

Should be a nice change of pace.  Last week we made home made deep fried Chimichangas.

Image result for crepes with banana and nutella This!!

I was really looking forward to this morning game and being drunk before noon, then my son's football schedule came out and he's played at 10:30 am Sunday every game except two. One when we played MNF and the eagles game which we traveled to. So I'm bummed, have to DVR the whole thing and watch it when I get home at 12:30. 

This thread made me reevaluate everything. Instead of waiting later in the day to pig out, I'm just gonna go for it from the start. Beer and waffles is the plan now. 99% probability of bacon. There will be no productivity this Sunday! Gonna give this a try

hardywood-sidamo-coffee-stout.jpg

Yeah us folks on the West Coast do the breakfast binge almost every week with the 10am kickoffs.  There's been a couple times where I cut it too close and I end up making everyone else food, but not myself because once the game starts I tend to not eat until it's over or the game's outcome is not in doubt.

Washington state here so the game starts dark and early at 6:30. The kids are staying with grandma Saturday night and there's talk of cutting loose with the wife Saturday so I may be a bit roughshod getting up at 6am, but nothing that some herbal medication and a few mimosas can't fix!

I'm just happy that Borussia Dortmund doesn't play on Sunday so I can watch the game comfortably at 3:30 pm instead of 7pm. Was looking for some last minute flights to London but the prices are ridiculous for that weekend. I could almost fly to Washington DC for the same price.

All of the people in the insomniac thread are going to miss the first half and be pissed they didn't know the game started at 930. 

I do have some fair warning for those going to London...

Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors and beware of the moon, lads.

big-dog.jpg

7 hours ago, NattyBo said:

Hopefully this can be a lighthearted thread.  For those of us not lucky enough to go to one of the greatest cities on Earth ....

It is, but I personally hate going down to London. Over priced. Full of tourists. Unfriendly. Everyone's in their own microcosmic little World with no time for anyone else. With some real shthole areas outside the main City. And I've never been a Royalist. 

Maybe it's down to the fact I'm down there  6, 7 times a season or so, but there's just no appeal. It's just 'meh.' 

But as a foreigner I can see the appeal. 

Hail. 

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

It is, but I personally hate going down to London. Over priced. Full of tourists. Unfriendly. Everyone's in their own microcosmic little World with no time for anyone else. With some real shthole areas outside the main City. And I've never been a Royalist. 

Maybe it's down to the fact I'm down there  6, 7 times a season or so, but there's just no appeal. It's just 'meh.' 

But as a foreigner I can see the appeal. 

Hail. 

You going to the game?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

You going to the game?

Yup. I wasn't honestly arsed but then it tied in nicely with the Palace- L'pool game Sat'day evening so a London weekend had to be done. A mate Stateside boxed off a couple of tickets late on which came through last week so all set for my first live regular season game.

It's been a slow progression from the '92 American Bowl pre-season loss in London to the '9ers (but I got to see a picture perfect Ryp deep ball to Gary Clarke, my hero, early before Coach pulled them which made my day), through a high school game in a little place outside of Dallas, Kemp, in 2004 (Which is one of the maddest sporting events I've ever been at. Man alive do they take High School ball like life and death in Texas. These are just kids FFS! Geez); to the Bedlam game between OU and OSU in Norman in 2009. 27- 0 OU shutout of the Cowboys. BOOMER SOONER!

And now after 34 years a Redskin fan my first taste of full speed, live regular season football. 

To say I wasn't bothered at all (hate going Wembley), I'm quite looking forward to Sunday now. 

Hail. 

I'll wake up at the usual time--when the kids wake up, usually between 7 and 8am. My fiance' is working, so I have my two kids and her two kids, outnumbered 4-1 (ages range from 6-10). I'll feed them breakfast, hopefully they go for Pop-Tarts, but sometimes they require extra effort, like cereal. After they're done, they will start annoying each other (and me, of course). Around 9am I plan to break out the duct tape and fasten them to the wall like Spiderman would, complete with a gag and I'll sit down on the now-cleared couch and enjoy the 9:30am game in the peace that I don't normally enjoy on a Sunday morning...ya know, because I'm usually a great father who doesn't normally do this type of thing.

Archived