Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How are you adjusting your schedule for the London game?

NattyBo

Hopefully this can be a lighthearted thread.  For those of us not lucky enough to go to one of the greatest cities on Earth to see our Redskins play, what special things do you have planned for the weird kickoff time?

Here's my plan:

Go to bed earlier than normal Saturday night.  Setting an alarm for 7:30 on Sunday morning. I'll take care of the dogs quickly, and then, I plan to cook breakfast for the family (bonus points from the wife, yeahhhh!).  

Planning on making coffee and fruit salad for starters, followed by french toast, egg and sharp cheddar omelettes +bacon using the grill (my wife can't stand the house smelling like bacon...I know, I know...but more bonus points).  That will be accompanied by bottomless mimosas (with a splash of lime to add a twist to the classic ****tail...)) for the wife and I, and bottomless OJ for my son.  

After the game, mood depending, we will probably walk up to our local craft beer hangout and watch the later games while my son fiddles on the iPad, and enjoy the nice weather while walking to and fro.

So, nothing too special, but in a way I'm glad this gives me the opportunity to earn bonus points by catering to my wife, plus, an excuse to drink even earlier than normal on a Sunday :)

I was thinking we all just head up to FedEx. Set up a few grills on the 50, a few fold out chairs. Screwdrivers and grilled meat...what else does a man need on a Sunday morning? Watch the game on the big screens in stereo. Piss on the sideline like a boss while wearing Kirk Cousins sunglasses.

No real changes for me, other than the time I'm watching the game (which will be 9:30am here).

I usually eat light on Sunday morning because I usually have snacks at 1pm when the game/NFL Redzone start.

So I just have a muffin or pop tart or a small bowl of cereal. Maybe even a donut.

I don't see myself changing my routine. :) 

I already had this as my weekend off/post birthday celebration weekend since b-day was mid week. I'll get the yearly tradition of my wife's homemade crab dip during the day. I'm torn between getting hammered before noon, or not drinking at all, and being productive after the game. Leaning towards hammertown. 

1 hour ago, RedBeast said:

I was thinking we all just head up to FedEx. Set up a few grills on the 50, a few fold out chairs. Screwdrivers and grilled meat...what else does a man need on a Sunday morning? Watch the game on the big screens in stereo. Piss on the sideline like a boss while wearing Kirk Cousins sunglasses.

Very well said..very well!!

Will be with the fam drinking screwdrivers and eating breakfast...kick off at 7:30 how awesome....Haaa holy **** if I was still in AK there wouldn't be a place open at 5:30 lol

Starting the routine earlier. Basically:  Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

I hope the wifey won't be shocked at the PSSST of a beer can opening at 929am.

Since we lost last game, I do need to launder my quick dry warm weather read: living room game day skins T.

1 hour ago, NattyBo said:

So, nothing too special, but in a way I'm glad this gives me the opportunity to earn bonus points by catering to my wife, plus, an excuse to drink even earlier than normal on a Sunday :)

My plan was identical to yours, not get hungover drunk the night before so I can wake up energized, walk dog, cook a good breakfast for wife and kid (and dog - hes old and I cant deny him the joy of bacon), set up a bloody mary bar, have some good crushable beers, watch game in PJs.

For what ever reason (probably bc she hates me), she decided this was a HORRIBLE idea and that we should DVR it and watch it at 1 pm and use the morning to do house cleaning (which we normally do Sun morning in prep for game).  I told her I want to embrace and enjoy the London game and having the uniqueness of a morning game. She says Im watching it by myself, im dealing w kid and she is sleeping in. 

She played it well -- she gets to sleep in under this sham argument of being mad at me bc I didnt want to wait to watch the game. My only concern is that I get a little loose during games and I might be dragging ass afterwards mowing the lawn and doing other housework when Id rather be on the couch watching the rest of the games. 

1 hour ago, RedBeast said:

I was thinking we all just head up to FedEx. Set up a few grills on the 50, a few fold out chairs. Screwdrivers and grilled meat...what else does a man need on a Sunday morning? Watch the game on the big screens in stereo. Piss on the sideline like Ben Kotwica while wearing Kirk Cousins sunglasses.

Fixed it for ya ;)

5 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

She played it well -- she gets to sleep in under this sham argument of being mad at me bc I didnt want to wait to watch the game. My only concern is that I get a little loose during games and I might be dragging ass afterwards mowing the lawn and doing other housework when Id rather be on the couch watching the rest of the games. 

So why not just do the chores on Saturday, and have the day free on Sunday?

9 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

My plan was identical to yours, not get hungover drunk the night before so I can wake up energized, walk dog, cook a good breakfast for wife and kid (and dog - hes old and I cant deny him the joy of bacon), set up a bloody mary bar, have some good crushable beers, watch game in PJs.

For what ever reason (probably bc she hates me), she decided this was a HORRIBLE idea and that we should DVR it and watch it at 1 pm and use the morning to do house cleaning (which we normally do Sun morning in prep for game).  I told her I want to embrace and enjoy the London game and having the uniqueness of a morning game. She says Im watching it by myself, im dealing w kid and she is sleeping in. 

See, I'm just doing all domestic tasks on Saturday. Yard raked? Check. Lawn? Check. Whatever else she wants me to do? Check.

Helps that the wife is also a big Skins fan.

Now that i think about it? I got these cool little cast iron molds that make cups. I could make some corn muffin batter with fresh sweet corn, bacon and jalapenos inside and bake the cups. Than fill each corn muffin cup with sausage gravy and then top each cup with a poached egg and a cajun hollandaise. Served with some Simply Fresh screwdrivers. Yeah buddy...there we go!

Natty and Skinsguy - You guys are right, I can do a lot of stuff on Saturday and for the first time in a long time, we dont have a kids party or something planned. I dont think the ballbuster will let me couch sit the whole day on Sunday but I can fake do things in the basement watching the afternoon games and buy her a bottle of vodka and see if she passes out early. Good plan fellas -- break huddle. 

1 minute ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Natty and Skinsguy - You guys are right, I can do a lot of stuff on Saturday and for the first time in a long time, we dont have a kids party or something planned. I dont think the ballbuster will let me couch sit the whole day on Sunday but I can fake do things in the basement watching the afternoon games and buy her a bottle of vodka and see if she passes out early. Good plan fellas -- break huddle. 

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50

11 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

I have to pick up an extra 12 pack saturday night since they dont open until 12 on sunday. Problem with that is, now I have to not drink 12 extra beers saturday night. I also guess I am drinking beer instead of coffee in the morning.

My wife is from Newport, England so what I might do is have her try and do some play by play for me in her accent, get the whole feel of things.  However, she doesn't like American football too much, she can't understand the stopping...I have tried to explain it.   I think if I get a few bloody marys in her, she might enjoy the game more.

Archived