Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How are you adjusting your schedule for the London game?

NattyBo

2 hours ago, RedBeast said:

All of the people in the insomniac thread are going to miss the first half and be pissed they didn't know the game started at 930. 

I do have some fair warning for those going to London...

Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors and beware of the moon, lads.

tumblr_ofs66m91WD1vo9o3xo1_250.jpg

Well, my wife doesn't work until 3 pm so I will get to watch the game in its entirety with my partner in the house to help corral our 5 kids.

We will wake up around 8 or 830. I will make breakfast for the family, straighten up the house and watch the game in my "redskins room". Can't wait!

11 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

I already had this as my weekend off/post birthday celebration weekend since b-day was mid week. I'll get the yearly tradition of my wife's homemade crab dip during the day. I'm torn between getting hammered before noon, or not drinking at all, and being productive after the game. Leaning towards hammertown. 

I am right with you. I had my birthday on the 27th and will continue  the celebration deep into this weekend. I get up early every day so this won't be hard for me at all. Now getting the wife to get up early with me to do some cooking might be a challenge though. lol. :)

Help me welcome Bailey to the Redskins Family!!...Four year old girl soon to be our second adoption!!..It will definitely be a huge adjustment to my schedule on Sunday as adjusted as it is already,  but it's why we do it and I love it...I just went from being blitzed to sober instantly with the news!!

6 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Help me welcome Bailey to the Redskins Family!!...Four year old girl soon to be our second adoption!!..It will definitely be a huge adjustment to my schedule on Sunday as adjusted as it is already,  but it's why we do it and I love it...I just went from being blitzed to sober instantly with the news!!

This post gives a new meaning to the tag below your name.  :cheers:

I have NFL Live show from 11 to 12 ET. I won't be able to see the end of the 3th and on. Instead of streaming the game I'll ready the comments on the game thread, I did it against the Giants and it was good luck, hopefully it continues. Saludos from México

I'm just trying to get home sometime on Sunday to be able to catch the game on my DVR. 

The wife and I are stuck in Barcelona and flying on standby. Got bumped off the only flight to JFK today, so we just bought a ticket to Madrid to try our luck there tomorrow. 

Flying internationally on standby used to be great, we'd often end up in 1st class. But, after adding in additional days at the hotel and paying for these one way tickets out of pocket... the savings don't really balance out the stress and hassle. 

Oh well, if we don't make it out tomorrow, Monday looks promising. Plus, it's a great bonding experience with the wife. We keep our cool and handle it together like the team we are. 

Fresh...Enjoy where you are, get some tapas and a nice red until you make that last hop. i used to do 12 hour layovers in Amsterdam intentionally, between DC and Saudia. You can have a lot of fun in 12 hours. Maybe you can find a good sports bar tomorrow? ;)

Safe travels

19 hours ago, RVAskins said:

DVR baby....and stay off this site until after I watch the game.

That is my initial plan.  Saturday nights we usually go to sleep in the living room (me, wife, 8 yo daughter) watching movies.  The girls hit up the sectional sofa and I chill in my recliner.  Sunday's we wake up anywhere between 8:30-10:30.  So, I'm gonna set the DVR and plan on having a big breakfast.  Maybe buy some steaks and have steak n eggs with diced potatoes.  I don't plan on cracking open a beer that early, but if I do, it will be a Guinness.

6 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I don't know how you guys do it---DVR the game and watch later. No way I could do that.

I rarely DVR games.  But on a Sunday morning when I'm going to be at home, it's easy.  I just don't look at my phone or get on my computer and make sure the TV isn't on any sports channels like ESPN, or the channel the game is on.  

If I'm up before the game starts, I watch it live.  If I sleep longer to say 10:30, then I start watching the DVR recording.  I probably won't wait until after the game is over to start watching it, just get a later start depending on what time we wake up.

Put on my number 71 jersey and Redskins hat (weather depending) and leave home at 8.45 am. Meet up with two friends at North Greenwich Station, take the Jubilee Line tube and roll into Wembley at about 10.15.

Grab some bacon and eggs in a local cafe. Go and watch the pre-game goings on (I've heard that Cooley and Portis will appear), might have a few beers and ogle the Bengals' cheerleaders.

Should get to our seats by about 1pm for the 1.30 kickoff. Will probably get a bit emotional when the team comes out and will almost certainly miss a few plays 'cos I did end up having a few beers and couldn't wait until the half time break.

Cheer the Redskins on to a fantastic victory that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Thanks to the 1.30 kickoff time, we will still have time to get back to South-East London and catch the later games on Sky Sports. I've already booked Monday off from work, just in case things get a bit messy.

I'm already too excited and cannot wait for kickoff. HTTR.

Archived