Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - REDSKINS at Baltimore Browns

TK

3 minutes ago, autoidiodyssey said:

The Ratbirds averaged 6.2 yds per carry. In a 1 score game and they chose to attempt 48 passes. That is not good D that is brain dead play calling. That fake FG they tried was nearly as dumb as our swinging gate from the Zorn era. It should have been 16-16 going to overtime.

All credit to the D they pulled it out in the end and the Special Teams was big other than the missed PAT that could have cost us the game if the Ratbirds had scored.

They were not great against the run but particularly after halftime they stepped up in a big way. They actually looked like a good unit for the most part. The offense did them very few favors as well. The pressure was constantly on and they responded. They even stopped them without forcing a turnover. That is good defense in my opinion. They stopped the plays that were called. 

33 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Because it  was open and game would be over. 

People **** about not playing to win, then **** when they do. 

Situational football. Haven't had a successful deep pass all game; trying to get 1st downs to run down the clock; quick passes have been successful; only need 6 yards. Why try to go for a low % play now, after wasting real opportunities to play to win, and give Baltimore the advantage of a stopped clock?

Also, wait until one of the last plays in the game to try a deep one to DJ?

McVay sucks.

17 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Don't care that we won via defense and special teams. 

In fact, dare I say it... it's exactly what this team needs. We're allowed to win because our defense played lights out. It doesn't always have to be the offense. Great teams play great football in all three phases of the game, especially when they're in bad weather and/or going up against good defense's.

I'm frustrated at the offense, today... but I'm too happy with the other two phases to focus on that. They'll get it together.  

I'm not upset with the offense today.

The feeling around here was the Ravens defense was kinda overrated because they hadn't played anybody really. I know I kinda felt that way.

However, their defense is pretty good. You combine that with the swirling, very gusty winds up there today, not much big time offense was going to happen.

Just glad the defense and special teams stepped up. :815: :Ravens_suck:

7 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

Surprised to be writing it,  but the defensive effort was phenomenal. 

What really impressed me was the good form tackling all around. It seemed everybody was wrapping up and bringing guys down one on one. Big difference there compared to previous games. Barry made tackling a point of emphasis this week, and you could tell.

8 minutes ago, autoidiodyssey said:

The Ratbirds averaged 6.2 yds per carry. In a 1 score game and they chose to attempt 48 passes. That is not good D that is brain dead play calling. That fake FG they tried was nearly as dumb as our swinging gate from the Zorn era. It should have been 16-16 going to overtime.

All credit to the D they pulled it out in the end and the Special Teams was big other than the missed PAT that could have cost us the game if the Ratbirds had scored.

Good chunk of that 6.2 came off two plays.  For the most part, they running game was shutdown.  They really weren't in position to call many run plays.

1 minute ago, s0crates said:

What really impressed me was the good form tackling all around. It seemed everybody was wrapping up and bringing guys down one on one. Big difference there compared to previous games. Barry made it a point of emphasis this week, and you could tell.

Yeah, I had been saying all week that Barry puts guys in position, they were just not making plays. I don't know what to think of Compton today because he played a lot better than I can remember him under Barry. Its reminding me of when I was lobbying for him getting time over Riley. 

4 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

Situational football. Haven't had a successful deep pass all game; trying to get 1st downs to run down the clock; quick passes have been successful; only need 6 yards. Why try to go for a low % play now, after wasting real opportunities to play to win, and give Baltimore the advantage of a stopped clock?

Also, wait until one of the last plays in the game to try a deep one to DJ?

McVay sucks.

Of course, had a wide open Desean Jackson not been overthrown everybody would be praising for the call.

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Sacks?  Tackles?  Takes on their best blockers so that others don't?

I don't know man. hes about as effective as rak, even when rak was injured...always injured

when a qb sits back there for more than ten seconds you expect your premiere rusher to find a way occasionally

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

Of course, had a wide open Desean Jackson not been overthrown everybody would be praising for the call.

That's the problem. DeSean has been overthrown so many times throughout the games, you HAVE to know that it will happen now, on quite possibly the biggest third down of the game.

Archived