Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - REDSKINS at Baltimore Browns

TK

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

I don't know man. hes about as effective as rak, even when rak was injured...always injured

He had a sack on what was the most impactful play of the game.

That play got their guard injured, so they had to reshuffle their line, so we kept getting to Flacco.  I'd say that's kind of important.

12 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Salute to the defense. They shut us all up.

Unbelievable effort.

9 minutes ago, Theismann07 said:

Next week is going to be HUGE. Going to need everyone to come out in full force at FedEx and show them damn Eagles some Burgundy 'n Gold hospitality.

HTTR!!!:247:

I'll be there!!!!!  Section 130!!!!  

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said of the defense, "first drive was a little scary. Here we go again. They came back and made it personal and did well."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

The Redskins earned their second win on the road over a team with a winning record thanks to their defense, which led the way in a 16-10 victory at Baltimore. The Redskins kept bailing out an offense that failed to take advantage of positive situations. The defense played as smart and disciplined as they have all season. The Redskins' defense did it without benefit of a turnover; in fact, the Redskins were minus-2 in the turnover department and still won.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Just now, Darth Tater said:

You missed the point.

From what I gathered, your point was 'If it had just worked this time...' If that isn't your point, fair enough, but gambling on it because "Maybe fifth time's the charm" isn't a good way to lock up a game, when you can easily get one yard in ANY other play.

11 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

Situational football. Haven't had a successful deep pass all game; trying to get 1st downs to run down the clock; quick passes have been successful; only need 6 yards. Why try to go for a low % play now, after wasting real opportunities to play to win, and give Baltimore the advantage of a stopped clock?

Also, wait until one of the last plays in the game to try a deep one to DJ?

McVay sucks.

Please. :rolleyes:

The Redskins were playing the #1 defense today.

You are complaining about the lack of deep passes? You do realize the winds were gusting up there today to around 40-45mph?

Neither team was going to have a consistent deep game today.

Just relax and enjoy the defensive 'W'. :) 

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Kerrigan gets a lot of double teams, Preston Smith should be the one taking advantage, but he seems to have only one move, and that's going wide. He doesn't come inside very often. He overcommits a lot.

Him or anybody else on the D-Line. If one man is double teamed than that is one on ones for everyone else. It looks like Trent Murphy is winning his matchups. I haven't seen too much from anyone else other than Smith for a couple of plays here and there. 

4 minutes ago, Travdaskin said:

Him or anybody else on the D-Line. If one man is double teamed than that is one on ones for everyone else. It looks like Trent Murphy is winning his matchups. I haven't seen too much from anyone else other than Smith for a couple of plays here and there. 

Baker's been getting some decent pressure up the middle. 

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Please. :rolleyes:

The Redskins were playing the #1 defense today.

You are complaining about the lack of deep passes? You do realize the winds were gusting up there today to around 40-45mph?

Neither team was going to have a consistent deep game today.

Just relax and enjoy the defensive 'W'. :) 

He isn't complaining about the lack of deep passes, he's complaining that we attempted a deep pass that everyone in the stadium knew had a 90% chance of failure on the one down that we needed to convert most.

1 minute ago, Travdaskin said:

I thought Chris Baker played well today.

14 minutes ago, s0crates said:

What really impressed me was the good form tackling all around. It seemed everybody was wrapping up and bringing guys down one on one. Big difference there compared to previous games. Barry made tackling a point of emphasis this week, and you could tell.

The tackling was Much better than I've seen.  Seems they finally solved the kick out block from the tight end which was awesome to see.  They finally made the offense adjust to us.  

14 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing Flacco getting sacked. He is a garbage QB and shouldn't even be in the "Is he elite or not?" conversation with the Elis of the world. Mediocre QB.

Elis of the world.....:rofl89:

ohhh I get it. id rather have flacco than eli though

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

He isn't complaining about the lack of deep passes, he's complaining that we attempted a deep pass that everyone in the stadium knew had a 90% chance of failure on the one down that we needed to convert most.

Hey sneak attack. :) 

However, it is silly to nitpick one or two plays or play calls that didn't work, IMO. :815: 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

There's really no difference between him and Kirk outside of arm strength

is flacco tall as ****? seems he stands tall in the pocket and can see the field better if he isn't simply an nba player out there

47 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

What was beautiful about it? That they had a chance to win it last second? That we still manage to have very questionable play calls especially on 3rd down? That our running game is nonexistant? It was a great win but there is still a lot before we win games comfortably. 

You're grounded Mister! 

Lol you guys. My initial post said it was an ugly win but I'm happy our defense stepped up in a big way. 

Someone replied bull****. 

I responded with the post you guys are all referencing. Dispute one part of my post. I'm ecstatic we won, but I wouldn't say we played a beautiful game. 

As far as telling me to get a hobby... Like watching the Redskins?? 

Sick burn dude, you really told me!! Womp womp

13 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

is flacco tall as ****? seems he stands tall in the pocket and can see the field better if he isn't simply an nba player out there

Flacco is like 6'6 or 6'7

• TK unpinned this topic
On 10/9/2016 at 2:38 PM, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah, I had been saying all week that Barry puts guys in position, they were just not making plays. I don't know what to think of Compton today because he played a lot better than I can remember him under Barry. Its reminding me of when I was lobbying for him getting time over Riley. 

I personally believe Compton is the type of player who needs film to excel. He's just not going to win physically. He's not going to make up for even a single false step on any given play. But if he knows what the offense is doing, reads the play properly, and is confident in his knowledge of it... he can make an impact.

My hope was that, as the season wore on and there was more game film on opponents and tendencies started to show up, he'd improve significantly. I don't know if that's what this game was about, but I hope that's what we're going to start seeing more of.   

Archived