Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

Nobody can galvanize a crowd or social media like Tiger. He has so much pull. Brooks Koepka won multiple majors this year and nearly nobody knows who he is. Speith is a rising star but nothing he would ever do would even come close to Tiger contending at a major or golf event. I remember the PGA Championship when Tiger was making a move on Koepka. Nearly every tweet would be about Tiger. He literally owns social media in that instance. 

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There are two types of people, those who love Tiger and those who hate him.  Not just golf fans either.  People in general.  That’s how big he is.

I’m not sure I would have ever picked up the game if not for him.

I think I like him a lot more now... there is a humbleness about him that i think is great for the game

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zoony said:

I think I like him a lot more now... there is a humbleness about him that i think is great for the game

He’s a much easier guy to defend these days that’s for sure.

Also, how can you not love a guy with an entirely new back, that was an opioid addict just Memorial Day of last year, at 42 years old out here still showing these boys how to do it regularly?  

42 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Clicking on a thread takes 2 seconds. I didn't read it.

This makes you weirder

but I’m sure you don’t understand that 

38 minutes ago, zoony said:

That humbleness is fake. It’s the result of pr surveys and meetings upon meetings upon meetings.  

Dont get me wrong, that emotion at the end of today was real.  

But tiger is and always will be the person we knew he was. 

I still enjoy watching him play and will root for him. I just don’t hold athletes to weird role model standards and also don’t need to think he’s a swell guy to root for him. 

(Not that you do)

(and just my opinion, I realize the popular opinion is “Tiger has changed”)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Also, how can you not love a guy with an entirely new back, that was an opioid addict just Memorial Day of last year, at 42 years old out here still showing these boys how to do it regularly?  

I caught grief here last time we really discussed him when I said he looks in pain/exhausted all the time. 

I thought that today. Wife agreed. He just looks exhausted. 

And that’s makes me want to root for him more. He looks like a warrior out there fighting through everything and being the best one doing it. 

Dude also swears a lot

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

I caught grief here last time we really discussed him when I said he looks in pain/exhausted all the time. 

I thought that today. Wife agreed. He just looks exhausted. 

And that’s makes me want to root for him more. He looks like a warrior out there fighting through everything and being the best one doing it. 

Dude also swears a lot

Dude of course hes exhausted. Golf is a grueling sports and hes played a ton of events this year.  Who cares about swearing? everyone does it

Even though its just one tournament, they are going to score the Tour Championship differently next year where I think your performance in the other playoff tournaments leading up to it is going to mean that some players are going to start with some stroke advantage heading into it. In other words, if they did it this year the way they are going to do it next year, I don't think Tiger would've won it....which makes no sense at all. It was a smaller field, but was the top 30 players in the world.  

48 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Dude of course hes exhausted. Golf is a grueling sports and hes played a ton of events this year.  Who cares about swearing? everyone does it

People seemed to think I was wrong. It wasn’t a criticism just an observation

also I meant sweat, phone auto corrected what I typed to swear. :) 

18 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Even though its just one tournament, they are going to score the Tour Championship differently next year where I think your performance in the other playoff tournaments leading up to it is going to mean that some players are going to start with some stroke advantage heading into it. In other words, if they did it this year the way they are going to do it next year, I don't think Tiger would've won it....which makes no sense at all. It was a smaller field, but was the top 30 players in the world.  

Yes #1 starts at -10 and it goes down to where #26-30 start at E. 

I dont know what to think. I see both pros and cons. 

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ryder Cup?

Nah, one win doesn’t equal a Ryder spot. 

I’ve always ALWAYS liked Tiger, even through the mess, and now that he’s on the back side if all of that I like him even more. I don’t need him to be humble, competitors normally aren’t because they play with a confidence that they are the best on the field and I’m fine with that swagger, arrogance whatever you want to call it.

Seeing him win yesterday was awesome, and it really reminded me of watching him pull a sea of people behind him when he was in his prime. Sure most of those following today were there because of the historical nature of what was happening, but we’ve simply NEVER seen the pull that Tiger has. 

Was this a one off? Who knows, we’re all asking can Tiger Deux win another major? I don’t kniw, but man I’d love to see him in the final pairing walking up the 18th fairway at Augusta with a 2 stroke lead....that would be epic.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, tshile said:

enjoy watching him play and will root for him. I just don’t hold athletes to weird role model standards and also don’t need to think he’s a swell guy to root for him. 

I dont think many people do.  People like to see greatness, fans by and large will put up with a lot.  Michael Jordan is probably a sociopath

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I dont think many people do.  People like to see greatness, fans by and large will put up with a lot.  Michael Jordan is probably a sociopath

I feel the opposite. I feel like every time a star athlete steps out of line people are unnecessarily hard on him/her and start spewing garbage about how their kids look up to them and what example is being set (which I view as 100% a parenting problem, not the athlete's problem) and that people love to just kick the athlete harder than they should, and for longer, and hold it against them. It seems to me that people are incapable of separating, for instance, Tiger Woods the man as a father/husband/member of society and Tiger Woods the best golfer that ever lived (or not if you don't agree with that) and the most exciting golfer to watch.

Not all, but the majority. I might be projecting the way the media behaves on the fans though.

All the courses around here are destroyed. Played westfields today, it’s destroyed. This rain is just devastating. 

I had the best round of my life. Things are improving significantly. I expect to break 90 by the end of the year (maybe another round or two) and I think I have a shot at breaking 80 with some practice. 

I am just deadly with these irons. Anything within 100-175 yards I can hit the green easy and I have a good shot at it all the way up to 250.

off the tee I’m finding the fairways all day 

My chipping and pitching are terrible. 

My putting is too but it’s been raining since may so I’m not reading too much into that. 

Super stoked about my iron play. It’s really hard to take a gap wedge out at 230 out and layup to 100. It’s the right/conservative move but I always want to go for it with the 3 hybrid

Baby comes on Monday. Took today and tomorrow off to play. Back at westfields again tomorrow. 

(Excellent course and people. Just this rain is destroying everything)

Edited by tshile