Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

22 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Molinari has been kicking butt the last few months.

Looks like Tiger just outside the Top 50, which means he won't be able to play Bridgestone in two weeks. Will have to wait for the PGA the following week. 

If he wants to play he’ll get a sponsor exemption unless they’ve already been handed out?

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

If he wants to play he’ll get a sponsor exemption unless they’ve already been handed out?

I think there was back and forth earlier after the Open ended, but latest projections have him at #50 and in at Bridgestone. 

• Like 1

The good news is my slice is gone. I may land right of target but only because my draw didn’t... draw. Draw/straight is my flight path. I haven’t hit a slice in 2 months. 

The bad news is I am now in the used-to-slice-now-duck-hook-hard pit of misery. People say it’s worse. I don’t know about that. I think it feels worse because your glee of solving one problem quickly fades into frustration of having a new problem. 

4 years of trying to fix a slice by turning my wrists because the face is open (which is what everyone tells you is the problem) has resulted in fixing my slice by fixing my swing path and angle of attack, but now closing the face way too much. This produces a flight path of:

- 3 seconds of sweet look at that draw!

- 6 seconds of ******* ###### STOP MOVING LEFT!

- realizing the ball is gone because all these courses accommodate right handed slicers and a right handed hook puts the ball in a place you can’t find it

So I must unlearn 4 years of rolling my wrists and not lose my angle of attack or swing path. 

I dont know why this game is fun. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a bright note, atleast you are doing something consistently.  My swing is constantly a work in progress.  I don’t slice as often any more, but I’m pretty much 15% slice, 50% straight and 35% pull long right.  All in one round.  Because I’m constantly compensating for what happened on the last one.  I can be streaky with my straight drives and start thinking “I’ve got it all figured out” and then boom, here comes a pull or slice.

I’m still a beginner. I have a slight slice but ive been slowly straightening it out. 

I’m happy if I get air with an iron, which is rare. Off the tee and on the green i’m good. Anything in the middle that can’t be done with a SW is an outright **** show. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

On a bright note, atleast you are doing something consistently.  My swing is constantly a work in progress.  I don’t slice as often any more, but I’m pretty much 15% slice, 50% straight and 35% pull long right.  All in one round.  Because I’m constantly compensating for what happened on the last one.  I can be streaky with my straight drives and start thinking “I’ve got it all figured out” and then boom, here comes a pull or slice.

That describes the last 5 years for me. 

My solution was flattening out the swing plane to stop coming in so steep. I did it by stepping further away to force it, to see the results, then lining up normal and swinging that way. Everyone’s problems/solutions are different though. 

4 hours ago, tshile said:

The good news is my slice is gone. I may land right of target but only because my draw didn’t... draw. Draw/straight is my flight path. I haven’t hit a slice in 2 months. 

The bad news is I am now in the used-to-slice-now-duck-hook-hard pit of misery. People say it’s worse. I don’t know about that. I think it feels worse because your glee of solving one problem quickly fades into frustration of having a new problem. 

4 years of trying to fix a slice by turning my wrists because the face is open (which is what everyone tells you is the problem) has resulted in fixing my slice by fixing my swing path and angle of attack, but now closing the face way too much. This produces a flight path of:

- 3 seconds of sweet look at that draw!

- 6 seconds of ******* ###### STOP MOVING LEFT!

- realizing the ball is gone because all these courses accommodate right handed slicers and a right handed hook puts the ball in a place you can’t find it

So I must unlearn 4 years of rolling my wrists and not lose my angle of attack or swing path. 

I dont know why this game is fun. 

Try wrists out further and turned down.  Also where are you positioning the ball within your stance?

had the same problem and still find myself hooking on the occasion.  Usually just have to slow it down slightly and shift the ball further in from front foot and it corrects.  Then as the round goes I end up slicing slightly and having to move the ball positioning back to front since Hips are getting there more quickly

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man these 9 holes have been amazing. I laugh at those guys who say golf is boring. As i get older and older, golf is becoming more entertaining than other sports.  Football is terrible.  Baseball playoffs are amazing but i hate the umps. Bball its the same teams every year.  Hockey is exciting but only lately with the Stanely Cup

• Like 1