Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

That was just filthy.

Lose a 3 shot lead on 13 after hitting one almost off the planet, then just play the next 4 holes in 5 under to slam that door shut.

Jordan Spieth is inhuman.

Gonna be some crowds here in Charlotte in a couple weeks to see if he can grab the career slam at 24.

• Like 2

Good to see Kuchar do well. :headbang:

46 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

That was just filthy.

Lose a 3 shot lead on 13 after hitting one almost off the planet, then just play the next 4 holes in 5 under to slam that door shut.

Said he apologized to Matt for the time it took, but man...that's gotta take some wind outta your sails, so to speak. 

Lightning on the way to the Brickyard...I'm running out of sports to watch, gang...:hitfan:

• 4 weeks later...

I shot an 85 Sunday, which is really good for me.  Im normally low 90s, high 80s on a good day.

I have been really working on my driver and my short game.  If I could do away with 3 putts i think I could hit 77 or 78, not kidding.  It is ridiculous how many times im on in 2 and end up with a 5.  Pretty much every par 4 ugh.  Then, i always have that one meltdown hole where everything goes off the rails

• Like 1

i was 3 putting constantly until i found the right putter. now i 2 put regularly, except when my approach is terrible and puts me really far away.

i don't know how you find the right putter though. i sort of lucked into it.

now if i could just get the ball there....

i haven't played much this year cause of the house stuff... hoping to take a few days off this fall and get out there

7 hours ago, zoony said:

I shot an 85 Sunday, which is really good for me.  Im normally low 90s, high 80s on a good day.

I have been really working on my driver and my short game.  If I could do away with 3 putts i think I could hit 77 or 78, not kidding.  It is ridiculous how many times im on in 2 and end up with a 5.  Pretty much every par 4 ugh.  Then, i always have that one meltdown hole where everything goes off the rails

Putting is about repetition, and practice, practice, practice.

I liken it to shooting free throws. Nobody is born a great free throw shooter, it takes hundreds of shots a day to hone the mechanics and eye, and the best shooters have the same routine EVERY time. Same  with putting. I am by no means a great putter, very streaky to be honest, but I have a set routine, and I stick with it EVERY time. I rarely 3 putt. I also practice my putting. For every hour I put in on the range, I spend at least 1/2 hour on my short game, more on putting, because you will hit more balls with your putter than any other club. Every stroke counts the same.

Putting is also the one golf shot you can do in your house. Do it! Hone your routine and stroke on your carpet.

I'm also in total agreement with tshile. Find the right putter for you. Go to a golf store (Golf Galaxy, PGA Superstore, Edwin Watts) near you and get fitted, or just try putters until you find one that you hit far more consistently on line and the proper distance. 

Oh....and PRACTICE!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I liken it to shooting free throws. Nobody is born a great free throw shooter, it takes hundreds of shots a day to hone the mechanics and eye, and the best shooters have the same routine EVERY time. Same  with putting. I am by no means a great putter, very streaky to be honest, but I have a set routine, and I stick with it EVERY time. I rarely 3 putt. I also practice my putting. For every hour I put in on the range, I spend at least 1/2 hour on my short game, more on putting, because you will hit more balls with your putter than any other club. Every stroke counts the same.

Putting is also the one golf shot you can do in your house. Do it! Hone your routine and stroke on your carpet.

I'm also in total agreement with tshile. Find the right putter for you. Go to a golf store (Golf Galaxy, PGA Superstore, Edwin Watts) near you and get fitted, or just try putters until you find one that you hit far more consistently on line and the proper distance. 

Oh....and PRACTICE!

I bought one of those little astroturf roll-out carpets with the hole at the end...then bought another so they'd go the whole hallway and I could use them end to end...cats tore 'em up in the long run, but they helped me...and my carpet had indentation design, so "reading it" was never entirely right...I'd leave it down so the cats would walk on it this way and that, making marks...try to read around those. 

It's kinda like learning to eat with chopsticks.  Practice at home, where you don't have people watching you.  :ols:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Oh....and PRACTICE!

I appreciate the advice and I get it.  EVERYTHING in life is about practice.  Math, learning a language, public speaking, golf.

That said, i actually have a decent putting stroke.  I struggle with two things, neither of which are helped by putting at home.  Reading a putt and lag.

I swear i would rather be 100 yards out than have a 40 foot putt that starts uphill or finishes downhill.  Im lucky to land one 15 feet away. Or a 20 foot putt over 2 feet of fringe.  I never have any idea how hard to hit it.  Its also fun when the greens dry out over the course of the round and then are flash watered

11 hours ago, tshile said:

i was 3 putting constantly until i found the right putter. now i 2 put regularly, except when my approach is terrible and puts me really far away.

i don't know how you find the right putter though. i sort of lucked into it.

now if i could just get the ball there....

i haven't played much this year cause of the house stuff... hoping to take a few days off this fall and get out there

Funny you mention that, i got a new putter for my bday and really like it.  Have only used it twice rhough.  Its an Odyssey Works i found on clearance... oversize grips.  I really like it

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I bought one of those little astroturf roll-out carpets with the hole at the end...then bought another so they'd go the whole hallway and I could use them end to end...cats tore 'em up in the long run, but they helped me...and my carpet had indentation design, so "reading it" was never entirely right...I'd leave it down so the cats would walk on it this way and that, making marks...try to read around those. 

It's kinda like learning to eat with chopsticks.  Practice at home, where you don't have people watching you.  :ols:

you have a link for it?  is it something that works only for hardwood floors?