Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

17 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

East or west coast? Got family in Naples. 

east, but Naples is only about an hour/hour and a half away

I'm in Boca/Ft Lauderdale area

P.S. if anyone on ES lives near me, let's go grab some beers during the next Skins game. I've yet to meet anyone on here

Edited by SemperFi Skins

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

east, but Naples is only about an hour/hour and a half away

I'm in Boca/Ft Lauderdale area

P.S. if anyone on ES lives near me, let's go grab some beers during the next Skins game. I've yet to meet anyone on here

I usually get down there for 1 or 2 weekends a season.  Palm Beach Ale House is usually my spot.  Nice Redskins bar.  I'll keep ya in the loop.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I usually get down there for 1 or 2 weekends a season.  Palm Beach Ale House is usually my spot.  Nice Redskins bar.  I'll keep ya in the loop.

Sounds good to me! I'm still learning the area and think I've seen like 1 Redskins fan down here besides my few buddies from up north 

• Like 1

Speaking of playing golf with ex players, Ron Saul lives in Harpers Ferry right beside Sleepy Hollow golf course.  He rocks his Super Bowl ring and rides around on a cart with his wife and dog and plays all day, every day it seems.  A buddy and I joined up with them for a round last summer.  He's not shy with his old Redskins stories.  Awesome dude.  A few weeks later another buddy of mine blasted one into his cart on accident.  They almost fought.  Good times.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Got tomorrow morning off to go play virginia oaks :)

I think that course is really pretty. When I play by myself I almost always go to Prince William because it's challenging, nice, reasonably priced, and close and usually empty. I wanted some nicer scenery this time though :)

VA oaks was not in very good shape. Rough after the season. Hopefully next year it'll be better.

I shot an 84. My next lowest score ever is 96, so that's a pretty good day. Was 9 over on the front with two triple bogies and started falling apart, but pared 7 holes on the back with a bogie and a double bogie to finish +3 on the back. Easily my best round ever. Shame I was by myself :(

This was my first year of actually playing regularly. I think I've played somewhere in the 17-20 rounds so far. Normally I play 3 a whole year. I started the year shooting 110-115 regularly, and recently dropped into the mid/upper 90's. All in all a good first year to get going.

(When I say I shot xx that's with mulligans and not counting penalty strokes because I was never good enough to track a real score. If i shoot like that a few more times I guess I'll have to start playing by all the rules ;) )

• Like 1

My charity event is in 10 days.

http://www.callaghantirecharityproam.com/

This is our 11th year, and I'm proud to say this year we should break the 1 million dollar donation mark.  

In addition to running it, I also play in it.  I shot 86 Monday at The Concession (where they played the NCAAs last year) with 3 tee shots in the drink.  I hit it good.  The course is diabolical though.

Edited by Kilmer17
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I played Lansdowne on Saturday with some friends.  It was gorgeous out!  I shot 92, which is about average for me.  Lost a couple of balls, so the penalty strokes killt me.  It's in super nice shape right now and the greens were rolling well.  

Probably going to play Twin Lakes on Sunday morning and walk it with a couple of buddies.  I did just buy a couple dozen of the Kirkland Signature golf balls.  They've gotten tremendous reviews, so I can't wait to try them out this weekend.

• Like 1

I didn't realize Costco was selling golf balls now, how much are they?  Let us know how they perform.

I was at the Nike outlet in Leesburg on Saturday and they had the Nike RZN Platinum golf balls on clearance for 12 bucks a dozen.  I picked up 4.  Great ball, performs like a ProV1 for a 1/4 of the price.  I'm actually kicking myself for not buying all they had left.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

John Daly 30 for 30 tonight.

DVR is set!

• Like 1

Well, the house in Hilton Head came through just fine, but cost me a shot at club senior championship. Oh well, some things are more important than golf. Not many...but some.

Because of having to go down to HH a few times, and work, haven't gotten to play much lately. Did get out this morning for a 74 with two doubles. Just missed 3 or 4 good birdie chances, so came close to knocking down a nice number.

Just happy to be on the links. It's my meditation.

Played golf today with Lou Graham.  Winner of the the 1975 US Open at Medinah.  What a great day.  In spite of how bad I hit it.

We raised over 160k, which brings our 11 year total to over 1 mill. donated to the fight against cancer.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2016 at 7:15 AM, Busch1724 said:

I'm so disappointed in myself. I haven't played in about a month. I've been super busy with grad classes and haven't even had time to practice. I'm playing next weekend at Manada HIll on the 12th and concerned I may hurt someone if not myself haha.

Finally got out last weekend...shot a 74. Granted it was a par 69 course with some shorter par 4's. There are two par 4's that are 250 yards from the white tees. The rest of the course is regular length. At any rate, I didn't touch a club in a little over two months and hit the ball better than I did all year. I normally shoot 80-85. The course I shot 74 on, I shoot about 77 on it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unsurprisingly Justin Thomas won - would have been an abysmal failure to lose after a 59 round and I think a 7 point lead going into day 4?

I actually was flipping to golf this weekend while sick on the couch with the flu instead of staying on football the whole time...

Supposed to get into the mid-upper 50's this Thursday and Friday, going to try to take a day off and get out there. Working on really changing my swing this offseason, I don't have enough wrist action and still swing more like a baseball bat than a golf club which means hitting it fat. The thing is, when you hit it fat on a mat you still hit the ball... the club bounces up and still strikes the ball. On the course... it digs into the dirt and who knows what will happen to the ball.

Also working on my putting. I think I've a complete 180... I used to think I liked heavy, long putters but I'm thinking now that I would do better with a lighter putter.