Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The U.S. military does not own the U.S. flag. The same people kneeling are often the ones volunteering at army medical centers and visiting troops overseas etc. That means a hell of a lot more than kneeling for a song. This is not some guy running onto a baseball field preparing to light the U.S. flag on fire.

No one says we do. 

FTR, most people I work with find it disrespectful but also remember we defend the right of them to do so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

At a bar in Va Beach for the Caps game.  Anthem came on and everyone shut up.  The few that didnt got ice to the head.  Just for all you asking what people do who aren't players.

Seems like the people in that bar and their sympathizers really believe in American values. (that being violence is the only answer)

7 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Just end the anthem at sporting events. Save it for the Olympics.

If players really wanted they could change the kneel to some other form of protest. Fist in the air, Wakanda salute, turn to the side, etc.

the only place it should apply is international competition, and even those athletes shouldn't have to honor the anthem.

Its this faux, wear it on your sleeve (or on a pin) patriotism that leads to extremism.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Seems like the people in that bar and their sympathizers really believe in American values. (that being violence is the only answer)

Or that professional bartenders used tossing some ice as a means to get the attention of drunk customers not paying attention.  Whatever fits your narrative I guess.

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Oh okay, hence why you felt the need to not include that in your original post.

What part didnt I include?  Should I have included the color of their shirt?

Everyone stopped for the anthem.  Those who didnt got ice thrown at them.  Clear enough?

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Everyone stopped for the anthem.  Those who didnt got ice thrown at them.  Clear enough?

So which is it?

Was the ice thrown at them because the bartender wanted to get their attention to serve them or was it so the drunk customers could pay attention to the anthem?

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

So which is it?

Was the ice thrown at them because the bartender wanted to get their attention to serve them or was it so the drunk customers could pay attention to the anthem?

It was thrown by bartenders to get their attention because they were talking during the anthem.  

Clear?

• Like 1

I never thought something like this would be in issue inside this country of all nations. So much hyperbole about freedoms, democracy, rights etc...and because a few black men decide to kneel the entire system crumbles. Damn shame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

At a bar in Va Beach for the Caps game.  Anthem came on and everyone shut up.  The few that didnt got ice to the head.  Just for all you asking what people do who aren't players.

That's not normal, that'd be scary if it was.  There's a difference between respecting the flag and fear of looking like someone is disrespecting it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

No one says we do. 

FTR, most people I work with find it disrespectful but also remember we defend the right of them to do so.

Which is why they should be upset people are making it seem like they either dont care or agree that the players shouldn't protest. 

Think of how fast this **** would have been over if a branch of the military officially weighed in on that stance? 

Done. Nothing else to talk about. See you next Sunday. But I guess it's an effort not to be political. Which is exactly what the NFL is doing with thos policy. Which I guess is why I dont like it. 

39 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

These sorts of quality problems would never happen in China..... 

"Which is why there really shouldnt be any any hard feelings... He'll you should be thankful when that baton strikes you uppity melaninjas over the head after you ask why you're under arrest ?"

Edited by Mr. Sinister

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not normal, that'd be scary if it was.  There's a difference between respecting the flag and fear of looking like someone is disrespecting it.

Would get immediate disrespect from me. I can't believe people would actually let that happen to be honest.

And I would come back next week lol

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Would get immediate disrespect from me. I can't believe people would actually let that happen to be honest.

And I would come back next week lol

The "support the military" thing is starting to make me nervous, and has for the last couple years.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The "support the military" thing is starting to make me nervous, and has for the last couple years.

It isn’t cool with me either.  Idolization of the military is what ruins societies.

Edited by Springfield

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It was thrown by bartenders to get their attention because they were talking during the anthem.  

Clear?

They should have picked up the ice and thrown it back. Forced “respect” or “patriotism” by way of physical violence and threats doesn’t help their position and seems to go against the ideals this country was founded on. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They should have picked up the ice and thrown it back. Forced “respect” or “patriotism” by way of physical violence and threats doesn’t help their position and seems to go against the ideals this country was founded on. 

They don't care about those ideals. 

• Like 4

Military deals aren't because they support anyone, its because they know they can go to your CO if you fall behind on payments.  The state of our VA shows how much "support" they actually get.  NFL charges the military for their "support".