Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

• 3 months later...

Lol such a dumb concept.

Such meaningless symbolism. 

People so stupid they actually get offended if someone doesn't stand and stare at a glorified  bedsheets on a pole, during a song. 

Pledging allegiance to an inanimate object lol 

Edited by thinwhiteduke

On 8/29/2016 at 2:59 AM, kost203 said:

Whomever does not remove there hat during the anthem let alone stand and put there hand over there heart is just so wrong in many ways.  to bring this about during a sporting event is classless.  leave politics out of sports, he just became public idiot and when he gets cut expect him to say well it was because I did this ....

Leaving politics out of sports= no need for a national anthem. Look at your first sentence. What the hell does taking a hat off during a song,matter?  It's meaningless symbolism. 

Hey, I've not stood and or taken off my hat and it didn't have a damn thing to do with  a political  statement. I just didn't feel like it..because  you know..that thing called actual freedom of thought. 

You didn't stand during a song??? Send the traitor to prison!!! You must  be one a dem Der communistesses. 

If there is a god,he doesn't give a damn what flag you  stand under or what land mass you stand on.  

On 8/28/2016 at 7:50 PM, mjah said:

I couldn't care less whether a player sits or stands during the National Anthem before going out on the field to entertain me and risk major injury.  He's there to play football for profit, not to flatter my love of home and country.  It's a game and a TV show... not a big deal either way. 

PR kerfuffle.  Shrug.

Youre right in more ways than you realize

• 2 months later...

So much for team unity. It will set apart and eventually ostracize the players who don't run out onto the field with their teammates. Because you know that the pledge/anthem will be run right after the players come out onto the field. 

Forced show of patriotism. 

• Like 2

Seems reasonable to me. 

And LSF, I don't really see them being ostracized either. 

I used to have two Jehovahs Witness' that worked for me in the 90's they were respected for not going against their beliefs about celebrating birthdays and such. 

Sure, folks (including myself) had questions but they were treated as valuable as any other staff member that I had on my team. 

Good people are good people. I treat them as such. 

• Like 2

NFL could've decided to help address what the players were protesting about, but instead caved to conservatives who were turning away because it seemed like the NFL was complicit in so many players taking a knee.  @LadySkinsFan  is right, all this is going to do is create rifts in the teams and players.  Don't be shocked if players come out and kneel anyway, especially if its the club getting fined and not the player.

I thought we took pride in our right to protest, this shows anything but that.  Their cause is being completely ignored, this will not stop them.  They should've just told all the players to stay in the locker room, not just the ones who are sick of this ****.

• Like 4

Kosher Ham, this isn't the 90s, it's not birthdays, it's inculcating a demand for respecting symbols while our Republic is being dismantled by the "conservatives" who aren't patriotic if they are complicit in the dismantling of our Republic and Constitution.

WTF, a flag and anthem aren't mentioned or included in the Constitution at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

NFL could've decided to help address what the players were protesting about, but instead caved to conservatives who were turning away because it seemed like the NFL was complicit in so many players taking a knee.  @LadySkinsFan  is right, all this is going to do is create rifts in the teams and players.  Don't be shocked if players come out and kneel anyway, especially if its the club getting fined and not the player.

I thought we took pride in our right to protest, this shows anything but that.  Their cause is being completely ignored, this will not stop them.  They should've just told all the players to stay in the locker room, not just the ones who are sick of this ****.

The NFL is a league that caters to conservatives

Not just through idealogy, but old white men who want the country to resemble 1954.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thing is they are still able to protest (pubically even) if they so choose to. 

Just not on company time. 

This is fair to me.

I know for example, that an employee could be terminated for drinking Pepsi instead of Coca-cola in the 90's in Atlanta. Some of that still exists. 

Even when you are off the clock. I know that back then Morton's Steak drug tested employees. For a restaurant job that is unusual. Cheesecake Factory to this day can terminate employees for off the clock situations...because those employees represent the brand. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm 100% in favor of a person's right to protest, but the NFL is a business.  They are not catering to right or left, they are trying to keep as many people on both sides happy as they can.  If they say "you must be on the field and you cannot kneel" then the left (including me) is pissed.  If they allow people to kneel, then the right is pissed.  This is a pretty decent compromise position and, again, the NFL is a business trying to make money.  And, if players come out and protest anyways, more power to those players (and the NFL can fine them some minor amount and keep the right happy without significantly harming that player's life).  

I certainly hope it doesn't stop them.  It just gives the NFL the perception of neutrality.   

Edited by PleaseBlitz

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I hope a Skins player kneels and the league forces Snyder to sell the team.

A man can dream..........

What if its to somebody worse? There's always somebody worse... maybe somebody in the White House.

Edited by Zguy28

I haven't read the new rule in it's entirety but does it address any/all forms of protesting during the anthem or just specifically kneeling, because if all it talks about is kneeling, I am sure players could easily come up with another form of protest if they felt so inclined.

EDIT: I saw that someone posted the new rule above.  I take issue with the term "show respect" because there is no clear definition to that. If protesting is a right in this country then how is it disrespect to protest?  When was the last time a flag told you it was disrespected?  This entire issue is kind of ridiculous and was hijacked to begin with in order to make it something it wasn't even about.

What about the idea to just stop playing the national anthem before the games entirely?

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

What if its to somebody worse? There's always somebody worse... maybe somebody in the White House.

There is literally nobody worse than Dan Snyder as an owner.  I'd rather have Hillary as the owner.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I haven't read the new rule in it's entirety but does it address any/all forms of protesting during the anthem or just specifically kneeling, because if all it talks about is kneeling, I am sure players could easily come up with another form of protest if they felt so inclined.

What about the idea to just stop playing the national anthem before the games entirely?

The new rules says everyone must stand AND RESPECT the flag.  That essentially means no form of protest will be tolerated.