Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

So Kap had the goods and sold them to the NFL? I’m unhappy with that result. 

I think it's one of two things.  One, he either didn't enough evidence to prove collusion by the NFL teams/owners on keeping him out of the league.  And the league just wants this to go away so they are willing to pay him X amount of money so they can sweep it under the rug and move forward.  

Or two, he had enough that might sway a ruling in his favor since it would have eventually gone to trial.  And according to this article:  https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/9/6/17820158/colin-kaepernick-eric-reid-collusion-grievance-protest-settlement

Had he won, based on the CBA, it would not guarantee him a spot on a team, but he would have received a financial award that amounted to double what he would have made if he had stayed in the league.  So the NFL offered a nice settlement with a confidentiality agreement to avoid trial, paying more and again to sweep it all under the rug.  

He did raise awareness and lost his career for his cause, and while I personally would have liked to see him win in court and stick it to the NFL and Goodell, I can understand him settling.  At the end of the day, he's got to make the best decision for him and his family.  Everyone knows he was blackballed, but it sure would have been nice to hear it in a ruling.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

So Kap had the goods and sold them to the NFL? I’m unhappy with that result. 

You wonder ... collusion is what he needed to prove and that's really hard unless the NFL Executives or a couple of teams had been really dumb in writing.

Or I wonder if the NFL just wanted it all to go away?

Who's next up? 😀

3 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

You wonder ... collusion is what he needed to prove and that's really hard unless the NFL Executives or a couple of teams had been really dumb in writing.

Or I wonder if the NFL just wanted it all to go away?

Who's next up? 😀

I don't know. There were a number of teams just last year (including the Redskins) that made it pretty damn obvious that he had been blackballed. Teams that chose absolute bums and never wases to start. I want to say the Bills with Pederman is a good example.

I think you can make an incredibly strong circumstantial case esp. with all the little bits on the record about how various teams said they would never consider him. If it's clear to you and me it still might not be legally clear, but I don't think there is any real doubt that the NFL decided this was a guy who was not going to get any more opportunities.

• Like 2

Could be a conspiracy. 

Or it could be he's not good at passing the football. Or running an actual NFL style, non rpo offense. And he would be an incredible distraction while losing games and playing poorly while fosused on non football issues while alienating teammates, which is what he was doing before he got benched. Coaches and owners would probably not like or want to get anywhere near a player like that. 

But it's probably a conspiracy. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm kinda disappointed in Kaepernick.  I think he could have done a lot more for his cause by making the case play out in the public eye showing a bunch of rich old white guys colluding to not want his message on their stage.  Hard to get behind "Stand for something,  even if it costs you everything" when he takes a multimillion payoff. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm kinda disappointed in Kaepernick.  I think he could have done a lot more for his cause by making the case play out in the public eye showing a bunch of rich old white guys colluding to not want his message on their stage.  Hard to get behind "Stand for something,  even if it costs you everything" when he takes a multimillion payoff. 

payoff or receiving was rightfully owed to him as a result of a league blackballing him?

• Like 3

I think it's obvious, but i also think that teams are justified in not wanting the destructive circus he inevitably brings with him whether he wants to or not.

It's one thing to have a distraction or a player who has broken the law and getting a second chance. 

It's another thing entirely to have the bat**** crazy president of the US screaming about your team and bringing that lunatic crowd into your locker room, which will instantly become ground zero for every racial divide they want to dream up.

I think he will use the money wisely 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

To me, agreeing to the confidentiality agreement makes it a payoff.  

reasonable, although I don't completely agree.

i'm somewhat torn on the issue myself. Part of me thinks that Kaep is the one who has been damaged by the this and he has the right to handle it how he sees fit. Nothing in how he has handled this entire situation makes me think this is something he entered into lightly. The other part sees a real opportunity to expose some higher ups in the NFL for the pieces of **** they really were

hell maybe we would have gotten really lucky and have it revealed that Snyder said some dumb **** leading to him selling the team. A man can dream.

• Like 1

He got paid millions and doesn’t have to risk injury. And he raised awareness of social injustice in the NFL to the point where musical acts refused to play in the super bowl, to the point where the FREAKIN NFLs money was no good.  That’s the story.

Why take it to the courts where depending how how well jury selection goes you may lose your case. This is a win for Kaep in every way. 

• Like 1

Eric Reid just got done calling Malcom Jenkins a sellout and a coward for getting the NFL to put 90 mill towards racial equality social programs. 

The same guy who just accepted an apparenty large amount of money specifically to keep quiet about alleged NFL collusion to keep players from playing as a result of protesting racial inequality (even though he's actually employed by an NFL team). 

Alrighty then. 

43 minutes ago, grego said:

Eric Reid just got done calling Malcom Jenkins a sellout and a coward for getting the NFL to put 90 mill towards racial equality social programs. 

that's not why he called Malcolm Jenkins a sellout and coward.

44 minutes ago, grego said:

The same guy who just accepted an apparenty large amount of money specifically to keep quiet about alleged NFL collusion to keep players from playing as a result of protesting racial inequality (even though he's actually employed by an NFL team). 

This doesn't make sense.

He alleged NFL collusion in preventing him from working. He is working and he got a settlement. 

44 minutes ago, grego said:

This doesn't make sense.

He alleged NFL collusion in preventing him from working. He is working and he got a settlement. 

The whole point was to go back and work and Reid is currently doing that.

15 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I read this story last night and was glad I was in my home because I was ready to hurt something.

Read what he got arrested for, "resisting arrest without violence." All because he didn't want to stand for the pledge and didn't have to.

13 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He got paid millions and doesn’t have to risk injury. And he raised awareness of social injustice in the NFL to the point where musical acts refused to play in the super bowl, to the point where the FREAKIN NFLs money was no good.  That’s the story.

Why take it to the courts where depending how how well jury selection goes you may lose your case. This is a win for Kaep in every way. 

Because he believes in something and it's not about money for him?

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2019 at 12:50 AM, Corcaigh said:

Funny.. recently was in a cyber security conference in Dallas and there was an anecdote about working with the Cowboys as a customer. The question was posed to the individuals in charge of cybersecurity for the Cowboys, "what would cause the organization the most harm if hackers got in?" Their answer: Jerry Jones's emails. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Pretty misleading title - doesn't sound like the teacher really handled it appropriately either though and should have just ignored the situation since they are free to not stand per the article.

Yep. This is where we are today. Click bait / rage bait. It's poisoning and dividing us. But we eat it up. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Because he believes in something and it's not about money for him?

Its about money, he turned down playing football because he wanted a 20 mil contract.

even it’s about more than the money, what if he lost his case? This is a guaranteed win. Don’t undersell the value above a win.