Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Regular Season Record Predictions (Public Poll)

Renegade7

2016 Regular Season Record for Redskins?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2016 Redskins going to the Playoffs???

2. 2. How far are we getting in the playoffs?

• Super Bowl Win
    • Super Bowl Loss
    • Loss in NFC Championship Game
    • Loss in Divisional Round
    • Loss in Wild Card Round
    • Not making playoffs
  3. 3. Will Redskins repeat as division champions?

4. 4. 2016 Regular season record?

I agree with you, but for me, potential does not equal production. A lot of pieces on defense (Preston, Cravens, and Compton) that will be needed for run defense are still young and heading in right direction, same as the RBs.

We'll know by the Cleveland game, even if we still start 3-1 like I see coming.

I think the offense is going to explode out of the gate. Kinda like those power rushing formations we started with last year, but with the ability to light up the deep game too.

Healthy DJax and Crowder having experience. Not to mention Paul looking like the guy who beat Reed out and Reed.

I think we'll have some stuff the steelers won't see coming and they'll have no answer for it.

Plus our secondary is good and they'll be missing key stars.

Its the NFL season. Im not sure what seems so delusional about it. The term "Any given Sunday" exists for a reason, not that I agree with his prediction (or even have to)

Yeah, and the world could end tomorrow. But it won't. And the Browns won't beat us. We'll destroy them :D

Better team, harder schedule. I'm predicting a similar outcome to last year: 9-7, winning a bad division, probably a WC bounce. Though we might get a win depending on who the #5 seed is.

L 1 SEP 12 7:10PM    STEELERS  (MNF) 
-Steelers on MNF gives me no hope for this game. Call me whatever names you want, don't see it happening
W 2 SEP 18 1:00PM    COWBOYS 
-The Cowboys O might have a good game, but they'll be starting Arena League 3rd stringers on D for this game
L 3 SEP 25 1:00PM  @   GIANTS 
-We don't win in NY
W 4 OCT 2 1:00PM    BROWNS 
-Cousins will want this one. Badly.
5 OCT 9 1:00PM  @   RAVENS
-Don't see the Ravens being much better than last year 
6 OCT 16 1:00PM    EAGLES
-At home this early in the season, I don't think the Eagles will be cohesive enough yet to beat us
W 7 OCT 23 1:00PM  @   LIONS
-No Megatron gives me a lot more confidence in this game than I had a few months ago
L 8 OCT 30 09:30AM  @   BENGALS
-I'm sure Jay wants this game badly, but I don't see it happening, even if it is on neutral ground

5-3 at the Bye, with a brutal back half

W 10 NOV 13 1:00PM    VIKINGS
-A win after a bye? I know, crazy prediction, but what the hell, gotta get over .500 somehow
L 11 NOV 20 8:30PM   PACKERS  (SNF)
-I don't see us beating Rodgers in prime time
L 12 NOV 24 4:30PM  @   COWBOYS  (Thanksgiving Day)
-This game depends on if romoSUCKS is in the ICU yet by this point in the season. I want this win, but I see a letdown here, especially after a Sunday night game
L 13 DEC 4 4:25PM  @   CARDINALS
-Could be a surprise win, but I don't see it happening
W 14 DEC 11 1:00PM  @   EAGLES
-By this point in the season, the Eagles will probably have switched QBs for the 3rd time, so I think this is a win
L 15 DEC 19 8:30PM    PANTHERS   (MNF)
-Primetime against the NFC champs and Super Bowl runners up? Loss
W 16 DEC 24 1:00PM   @   BEARS
-I just think we're better than the Bears and will win this one on the road
W 17 JAN 1 1:00PM     GIANTS
-I think this game will be for the division, and I think we win it being at home

I'm thinking we're a better team this year. But not spectacularly better.

The schedule is tougher. But not spectacularly tougher. (I will point out that, in today's NFL, the difference between a first place schedule and a last place one, is two games).

I'd say they cancel out. 9 wins.

But I'm not sure 9 wins wins the division, this year.

However, I think that the "better team" factor, combined with the fact that I expect us to be better at the end of the year, than at the beginning, AND the factor of experience, means we win our wild card game.

I think we go 10-6, but get in as a Wild Card, as we get swept by the Cowboys in the regular season. HOWEVER we beat them in Dallas in the playoffs in round 1, beat the Vikings(who I think get the #1 overall seed in the NFC this year)in their house in round 2, then lose to the Cardinals in the NFC Title game.

19-0

Holla if ya hear me

Every single year! And no reason to think otherwise!..HTTR!

There will be a couple teams on our schedule who we think will be good but they will have mediocre seasons and there will probably be a poor team that plays better than we thought, its like that every year.

I second this...very well said..my exact thoughts..have I said enough? Lol

Wow, so you seriously think we beat the Cardinals in Arizona but lose to the Browns at home. Ok, man can I sell you a bridge?

I think RG3 has a career game and our defense is caught sleeping on the Browns...... I think toward the end of the season we get it in gear more and are able to pull something against the cardinals, who kinda have tendency not to play there best late in the season.

I mean, it is the Browns so I'm probably wrong...that and I average a solid .44 in the Pick'ems contest... but we'll see. We are the redskins after all.

I think we go 10-6, but get in as a Wild Card, as we get swept by the Cowboys in the regular season. HOWEVER we beat them in Dallas in the playoffs in round 1, beat the Vikings(who I think get the #1 overall seed in the NFC this year)in their house in round 2, then lose to the Cardinals in the NFC Title game.

Swept by the Cowboys?

All right, hand yours over, mister. ;)

skinsfancard.jpg

L 1 SEP 12 7:10PM    STEELERS  (MNF)

W 2 SEP 18 1:00PM    COWBOYS

W 3 SEP 25 1:00PM  @   GIANTS

W 4 OCT 2 1:00PM    BROWNS

W 5 OCT 9 1:00PM  @   RAVENS

W 6 OCT 16 1:00PM    EAGLES

W 7 OCT 23 1:00PM  @   LIONS

L 8 OCT 30 09:30AM  @   BENGALS

9 BYE

W 10 NOV 13 1:00PM    VIKINGS

L 11 NOV 20 8:30PM   PACKERS  (SNF)

W 12 NOV 24 4:30PM  @   COWBOYS  (Thanksgiving Day)

L 13 DEC 4 4:25PM  @   CARDINALS

W 14 DEC 11 1:00PM  @   EAGLES

L 15 DEC 19 8:30PM    PANTHERS   (MNF)

W 16 DEC 24 1:00PM   @   BEARS

W 17 JAN 1 1:00PM     GIANTS

I'm thinking 11-5, win the division and get to the NFC Champion game. Ugh, I'm already drinking the Koolaid and iwe just started TC. :P

11-5 or 12-4 seem to catch my attention the most.

I think we start off fairly good, prob around 3-1 or 4-2, go into a mini- wtf,  then catch fire around week 11 and steamroll into the paloffs.

But, why, I have no idea, I think it will be ****ing GB knocking us out again, but it will at least be a dogfight til the end.

The year after, we can talk about NFCCG.

I'm a bit negative on my Skins this year. I voted 9-7 and miss the playoffs. I feel we played above our talent level last year against a pretty weak SoS. Reality comes back big time, but we end up with the same record against better competition.

I am not sold that Kirk can be THE guy, but my hopes are up.

I am liking Reed IF he can stay healthy... he gets concussed too easily.

I dont like letting Morris walk. I dont think Jones can be a bell-cow.

I don't see where they improved the run defense. I like the secondary.

I love our WR core.

I like our K/ST.

I voted 9-7, don't make the playoffs.

Until I feel better about our run game and can convince myself of a noticeably improved defense that's what I'm going with right now.

How do we go 9-7 and NOT make the playoffs?  Who in our division do you really think will be better than that?

I dont think Jones can be a bell-cow.

I don't see where they improved the run defense.

1) Jones doesn't have to be. Plenty of RB depth, & Chris Thompson is pushing, as well as the rook, Keith Marshall. There will still be a fair amount of time sharing.

2) the coaches addressed this early on in the offseason. They feel that after watching tape, it was a combination of getting caught in bad defensive personnel groupings/packages, & the 2nd/3rd levels not getting their fits, & making tackles.

They addressed this by letting Knighton walk, sticking with more versatile DL who don't need to come off the field for Nickel downs, & by drafting Cravens/Ionnidis, & signing Bruton/Reyes.

Now...there's a lot left to be seen, but just because it wasn't addressed in the common sense, or to your specifications, does not mean that it wasn't addressed.

Fwiw...i agree with the coaches assessment. I don't believe DL was the primary, or secondary issue vs the run last year.

I am not sold that Kirk can be THE guy, but my hopes are up.

I dunno, i think he can be the guy; the biggest prob is patience IF he gets into a slump and getting time to work outta it.

I am liking Reed IF he can stay healthy... he gets concussed too easily.

That worries me too. Last year he caught fire and teams were to focused on stopping him rather than hitting him.

I dont like letting Morris walk. I dont think Jones can be a bell-cow.

This here will determine KC's success; if we don't have a quality running game, hopefully KC can manufacture one out of the passing game.

I don't see where they improved the run defense. I like the secondary.

I love our WR core.

I like our K/ST.

Man, i'm so hyped for this season; can't wait for it to start. I think overall the coaching and FO personnel have this team going in the right direction, its just up to the players to decide how hungry they are for postseason play and winning. It won't be done alone by Cousins, the running game, defense and ST ALL have to make a stand, especially if he struggles early.

I have. I just can't imagine any other NFCE team getting past 8-8. And if they did, I don't see them winning a tie breaker over us. So who do you see going at least 9-7 with a tiebreaker over us and why?

You can't imagine the Cowboys or Giants being able to go 9-7?...both have more established QBs, the Cowboys could end up with an incredibly strong running game and if the Giants' free agency spending comes close to paying off they will be a hard team to put away.

Only team in the division I don't think has a chance at the division is Philly.

You can't imagine the Cowboys or Giants being able to go 9-7?...both have more established QBs, the Cowboys could end up with an incredibly strong running game and if the Giants' free agency spending comes close to paying off they will be a hard team to put away.

Only team in the division I don't think has a chance at the division is Philly.

Nope.

Dallas:  QB is going to get hurt again early.  Their back-up, if he is even on the roster right now, won't be up to the challenge.  Their defense is suspect at best.  Their OL isn't what I was expecting considering what they have invested in it (not saying it isn't good, just I would expect second coming of the Hogs with what they invested).  Even if romoSUCKS does stay healthy, I still don't see them getting past 7-9 at best.

NY:  All new staff.  Eli, while established, isn't elite enough to carry them.  Yea they went and dumped a bunch of money on FA but we all know how well that usually works.  Look at what it got us over the last 30 years.  7-9 at best for them.

Philly:  Glad we agree on that one. 

Archived