Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Regular Season Record Predictions (Public Poll)

Renegade7

2016 Regular Season Record for Redskins?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2016 Redskins going to the Playoffs???

2. 2. How far are we getting in the playoffs?

• Super Bowl Win
    • Super Bowl Loss
    • Loss in NFC Championship Game
    • Loss in Divisional Round
    • Loss in Wild Card Round
    • Not making playoffs
  3. 3. Will Redskins repeat as division champions?

4. 4. 2016 Regular season record?

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

Looked like a 4 win team tonight but I will say 7-9 and Gruden is fired

Say what?  After one game?

I'm glad I didn't have to bump this thread myself, but c'mon, we aren't better then Pittsburgh and had a bad preseason.  Lose next week, I'll change my tune.

22 minutes ago, zoony said:

Looked like a 4 win team tonight but I will say 7-9 and Gruden is fired

Nah. Steelers are good. 

The only way I'll agree with that is if the penalties don't get under control.

We're plenty good to be just over .500 in this division.

On 9/7/2016 at 11:43 PM, Rdskns2000 said:
My 2016 Redskins Prediction:

1 SEP 12 7:10PM    STEELERS  (MNF) We lose as usual to the Steelers.  0-1
2 SEP 18 1:00PM    COWBOYS  We blow them out by 2-3 TDs.  1-1
3 SEP 25 1:00PM  @   GIANTS  We fall flat.  1-2
4 OCT 2 1:00PM    BROWNS  Kirk shows why he is future and Robert shows we he wasn't. We win. 2-2
5 OCT 9 1:00PM  @   RAVENS  Jeckyl and Hyde continues and we lose this week.  2-3
6 OCT 16 1:00PM    EAGLES  Time to win this week. Wentz gets a Redskins welcome to the NFL. 3-3
7 OCT 23 1:00PM  @   LIONS  We beat them Lions. 4-3.
8 OCT 30 09:30AM  @   BENGALS  We Beat them Bengals. 5-3
9 BYE
10 NOV 13 1:00PM    VIKINGS Winning streak goes to 4, 6-3
11 NOV 20 8:30PM   PACKERS  (SNF)  We don't avenge the playoff loss, :(  . 6-4. 
12 NOV 24 4:30PM  @   COWBOYS  (Thanksgiving Day)  We sweep the Boys this year. 7-4.
13 DEC 4 4:25PM  @   CARDINALS  We lose this one. 7-5
14 DEC 11 1:00PM  @   EAGLES  We win this one and sweep the Eagles. 8-5
15 DEC 19 8:30PM    PANTHERS   (MNF) we lose this one and fall to 8-6.
16 DEC 24 1:00PM   @   BEARS A misstep and we lose. 8-7.
17 JAN 1 1:00PM     GIANTS  for the East title. Both teams are 8-7 and we beat Eli to win the NFC East again. 9-7.

The Skins earn the 4th spot in the playoffs and play the 5th place team, the Cardinals.

18 Jan  Wild Card   CARDINALS.  We win the rematch with the Cards. 10-7.

Sadly, we draw the hated Seahawks in the divisional round and lose to them again.

19 Jan Divisionals  @Seahawks.  We lose to them again, in the Kingdome. 10-8.

So, we make a litttle improvement in that we win the division again and win  a playoff game this year. 

I'm pretty sure my preseason prediction is out the window..  This team now looks like 3-4 win team right? 

I only see possible wins: Home games against the Browns, Eagles and maybe the finale against the Giants if they don't need that game.  The only road game, we may now have a shot is at the Bears.  This team has a strong chance of being 1-7 or 2-6 at the bye.  Is Kirk still the starting QB after the bye, if we have that record?  Is Barry still the DC then?  Is Gruden still the head coach?

AS usual, all the preseason positivity has washed away with our 0-2 start and probable 0-3 start.  Is the season over now?  No, the NFC EAST is still weak but the Skins are almost out of the race already.  Joe Barry needs to fired immediately.  Kirk Cousins is proving he's nothing more than a backup QB. Only good thing, we didn't sign him to a long term deal.  Jay Gruden isn't really any better than last year.

Looking at the schedule now and you just get depressed; knowing yet another season is probably gone.  The Skins made it to the playoffs last year; more so, because NFC East stunk in 2015.  WE are seeing that being proven now.

We will be entering 2017 starting over essentially.  God knows what Snyder will do; he may fire everyone and go after the next big name. There's no guarantee Scott stays.  Scott deserves the chance to hire his own coach and draft or sign his own QB.  If Snyder really has changed; Scott weill be allowed to make changes, when we make the changes next offseason.

A lot harder to get 10-6.  It will be about whether Kirk can settle down before second half, because I do believe 9-7 is obtainable and a record that close is in play for the division (unless Giants are for real).  In fact, bump this thread after the Giants thread.  We can't win the division if we lose that game, not 0-3, then 0-2 in the division, I picked us to bet 5-1 in division.  We needed this game and should've won it, better team on paper DOES NOT MATTER.

On 9/11/2016 at 8:28 PM, SkinsHokieFan said:

I am the optimist this year. 10-6 win the division win a playoff game. That would be an incredible year considering the schedule.

This team can compete with any team on the schedule 

Well...as of the night of the Redskins victory Week 6, 10-6 & a playoff Win looks like a perfectly reasonable call.  

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2016 at 8:22 AM, Califan007 said:

I voted 9-7, don't make the playoffs.

Until I feel better about our run game and can convince myself of a noticeably improved defense that's what I'm going with right now.

Nailed it.

On 8/1/2016 at 9:59 AM, Califan007 said:

You can't imagine the Cowboys or Giants being able to go 9-7?...both have more established QBs, the Cowboys could end up with an incredibly strong running game and if the Giants' free agency spending comes close to paying off they will be a hard team to put away.

Only team in the division I don't think has a chance at the division is Philly.

Twice lol...

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Congrats Cali. But man, what did you think at 6-3-1 and having games against teams in Carolina and Arizona that were somewhat shells of themselves?

Norv Gruden.........

At the time, I was starting to think 9-7 would be enough to get into the playoffs. The Panthers game always worried me. Cardinals I felt had the potential to be bad. Never imagined, though, the Skins looking so..."meh"...against the Giants.

Archived