Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Regular Season Record Predictions (Public Poll)

Renegade7

2016 Regular Season Record for Redskins?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2016 Redskins going to the Playoffs???

2. 2. How far are we getting in the playoffs?

• Super Bowl Win
    • Super Bowl Loss
    • Loss in NFC Championship Game
    • Loss in Divisional Round
    • Loss in Wild Card Round
    • Not making playoffs
  3. 3. Will Redskins repeat as division champions?

4. 4. 2016 Regular season record?

I've gone for 9-7, but that is at the lower end of expectations. If there's some solid improvement in run offense and defense, then I'm upping it to 11-5.

I know that's a bit indecisive. But while I do expect a big improvement, I wanna see it to believe it.

Nope.

Dallas:  QB is going to get hurt again early.  Their back-up, if he is even on the roster right now, won't be up to the challenge.  Their defense is suspect at best.  Their OL isn't what I was expecting considering what they have invested in it (not saying it isn't good, just I would expect second coming of the Hogs with what they invested).  Even if romoSUCKS does stay healthy, I still don't see them getting past 7-9 at best.

NY:  All new staff.  Eli, while established, isn't elite enough to carry them.  Yea they went and dumped a bunch of money on FA but we all know how well that usually works.  Look at what it got us over the last 30 years.  7-9 at best for them.

Philly:  Glad we agree on that one. 

I have to say, romoSUCKS's health in Dallas is really the difference between us being neck and neck and them basically being out of the way. If I was a Dallas fan, I'd be pessimistic as hell right now.

Division looks to be absolutely terrible this year and 9-7 will probably take it. I expect we can achieve that despite what appears to be a challenging (but fair) schedule. 

I think we make it past the wild card this year but no further.

I'm thinking we're a better team this year. But not spectacularly better.

The schedule is tougher. But not spectacularly tougher. (I will point out that, in today's NFL, the difference between a first place schedule and a last place one, is two games).

I'd say they cancel out. 9 wins.

But I'm not sure 9 wins wins the division, this year.

However, I think that the "better team" factor, combined with the fact that I expect us to be better at the end of the year, than at the beginning, AND the factor of experience, means we win our wild card game.

I don't know why people think a difference of two games between the 1st and last place schedules is no big deal.  Two NFL games are the equivalent of 20 MLB games.  Viewed in that light, do you still think 2 NFL games is insignificant?  Further, NFL playoff spots are often decided by tiebreakers.  So, how can 2 games not be a big deal?

You can't imagine the Cowboys or Giants being able to go 9-7?...both have more established QBs, the Cowboys could end up with an incredibly strong running game and if the Giants' free agency spending comes close to paying off they will be a hard team to put away.

Only team in the division I don't think has a chance at the division is Philly.

Seriously, you think the Cowboys with 3 starting players getting suspended for the first 4 games (one of them the first 10) a QB that has had back operation and two collarbone operations, a weak minded coach and suspect secondary will have a better record than us?  Or the Giants, having spend crazy on questionable players with a new HC (like these two things ever worked for us in the past) will be able to match 9-7?  Ok Califan I know you like laughing, so serious question. Is this a joke?   :)

Seriously, you think the Cowboys with 3 starting players getting suspended for the first 4 games (one of them the first 10) a QB that has had back operation and two collarbone operations, a weak minded coach and suspect secondary will have a better record than us?  Or the Giants, having spend crazy on questionable players with a new HC (like these two things ever worked for us in the past) will be able to match 9-7?  Ok Califan I know you like laughing, so serious question. Is this a joke?   :)

I remember saying similar things about the Cowboys before the 2014 season lol...and I remember Cowboys fans saying similar things about the Redskins before the 2015 season lol...

I don't know why people think a difference of two games between the 1st and last place schedules is no big deal.  Two NFL games are the equivalent of 20 MLB games.  Viewed in that light, do you still think 2 NFL games is insignificant?  Further, NFL playoff spots are often decided by tiebreakers.  So, how can 2 games not be a big deal?

I think you are looking at the schedule with last year's teams in mind.  We've changed, Arizona has changed and so has Carolina.  There is no guarantee that the Cards and Panthers will duplicate their 15-1 and 13-3 records.  I think you should take some of last season into consideration and add in what each team has done/not done in the offseason. After all, Dallass went 12-4 the year before and ended up 4-12 this past year. I can sit here with a straight face and tell you right now, there is no way in hell, Carolina goes 15-1 again. I think their max is 12 wins,  I think our max is 12 wins, which makes us pretty even in my eyes.  Will we win 12?  Probably not, but you never know.  I think you are giving the other teams TOO much credit and not giving us enough. 

I don't see how unless something catostrophic happens that the Cardinals and Panthers aren't still the best teams in the NFC. Panthers may have lost Norman, but Cam has another year in that offesne that was down right unstoppable at times last year. Cardinals were going team like an electric buzzsaw last year as well.

Packers may move back closer to that territory with getting Jordy Nelson back (huge piece missing last year). We have to come correct against any of those three teams, and even we win the division, we still may end up the 4th seed again. We can't just put ourselves in that company, we have to show it (I can see it, but we have to show it).

I live right outside of Charlotte. I know it's only camp, but early returns are, Cam is not sharp at all and Rivera has to remind them everyday about complacency.

Also, Carolina is paper thin on depth on the OL, RB and LBer. And very inexperienced in the secondary. Still going to be a good team, but I can see them regressing to 10 wins.

Arizona will be good again. Not sure they will win 13 games again. I'm not trying to minimize either team or thinking they are pushovers, but I just want some of our fans to stop being so skeptical of the team because of the damn Vinny days, and take a step back and look at what Scot is building.

I predicted 11 wins this year. I think that's our ceiling, but you never know until you play the games.

The only thing the Redskins need to worry about are the Redskins.

A quiet, uneventful off-season, no QB drama, no so-called scandals, gives this team a good shot at solidifying the chemistry that has been missing forever. 

The only thing concerning me is injuries. We all saw last season how the TEs were dropping like flies, and I hope that crap is over with. If we can escape that, then this team will be competitive all year, hopefully into post-season. Its time the Redskins get the breaks going their way, but as soon as we get on a hot streak or look dominant, the detractors will step in with the name crap to try and disrupt the chemistry, but IMO that argument is dead. Nowhere to go but up from here.

The only thing the Redskins need to worry about are the Redskins.

A quiet, uneventful off-season, no QB drama, no so-called scandals, gives this team a good shot at solidifying the chemistry that has been missing forever. 

Well said. Very well said.

Found a pretty interesting site where you can pick all the games each week.  It takes a little bit of time, but I was surprised with what I came out with.  Had the Skins going 10-6, losing to the Pack in the Divisional round.  I was surprised to see that at the end I had Cincinnati 15-1.  Bills winning the AFC east(what?), and apparently I had the Lions making the playoffs.  Kinda fun.  Of course, you can see my biases when it comes to the other NFCE teams, and the Panthers lol.

Give it a try if you got a few minutes:

http://nflplayoffpredictor.com/?L=Aw18ZXTt-DFOS1b0ckA

Here's what I came up with:

http://nflplayoffpredictor.com/?L=EwRlrC2zZeqPsqDnQsJ5wK+2HVGVTbFLU-SvFNGek3EtRIugt-DHA2x+pk4ZWHPuMpA

Cardinals beat Denver in the SB

^ so I guess in your predictions, the packers are going to become the new Seahawks (becoming the team we'll have trouble with in the playoffs). Not sure if I like that....

Yea, I wasn't pleased with that outcome either.  :(

I'm a bit negative on my Skins this year. I voted 9-7 and miss the playoffs. I feel we played above our talent level last year against a pretty weak SoS. Reality comes back big time, but we end up with the same record against better competition.

I am not sold that Kirk can be THE guy, but my hopes are up.

I am liking Reed IF he can stay healthy... he gets concussed too easily.

I dont like letting Morris walk. I dont think Jones can be a bell-cow.

I don't see where they improved the run defense. I like the secondary.

I love our WR core.

I like our K/ST.

I agree with all of this except letting Morris walk. Morris was awful last year. And I think he was mostly a product of the offense we ran while RG3 was here. He definitely needed to go.

I still think it would be wise to add another RB, instead of putting all our chips on Jones. Wouldn't mind Sankey, if those rumors are true. Though you would think they would have done something by this point. Foster, on a cheap one year deal, could have worked (barring injury). Just not sold on handing the keys to Jones. Hope he proves me wrong.

Archived