Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Regular Season Record Predictions (Public Poll)

Renegade7

2016 Regular Season Record for Redskins?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2016 Redskins going to the Playoffs???

2. 2. How far are we getting in the playoffs?

• Super Bowl Win
    • Super Bowl Loss
    • Loss in NFC Championship Game
    • Loss in Divisional Round
    • Loss in Wild Card Round
    • Not making playoffs
  3. 3. Will Redskins repeat as division champions?

4. 4. 2016 Regular season record?

I think we go 8-8 and 9-7 wins the East again. If we can go 5-1 in division I think we can go 9-7.

Our roster is better than last season when we didn't beat a team with a winning record. This year we play the first-place schedule and I honestly think there are some no-brainier losses there. I am a skeptical fan by nature but know we have talent and if our OL plays well again and we can get the ground game consistent I know we will challenge for first.

I don't know who will win the East but it's pretty wide open IMO. There is no dominant complete team.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like the Redskins' schedule is looking a lot more manageable now with Romo and Bridgewater both out.

Add in the Steelers' suspensions for week one, and the only really tough games look like the Bengals, Packers, Panthers and Cardinals.

Granted, that's only based off last year's schedule, but I think we have a good shot at repeating as division champs.

10-6 sounds good but realistically the only way we get there is to sweep the division or be 5-1 at an absolute minimum. I chose 9-7 as division champs. The first place schedule is tough. Games against the Steelers, Bengals, Packers, Panthers  and Cardinals look extremely tough to me. Any game is winnable in this league but I believe each one of those teams is further ahead than us right now and a better team. Bottom line, if you win 5 or 6 games in your division you're close to a lock to win that division so take care of business there and win the games we're supposed to (i.e. Browns/Bears/etc) and we get to the dance. 

W SEP 12 7:10PM STEELERS (MNF) - I think we are catching the Steelers at their worse.  They are missing key pieces on their offense and we are going into that game looks like with all our heavy guns on offense against a suspect D.

W SEP 18 1:00PM COWBOYS - If we look against the Steelers I just don't see how we lose against a rookie QB.  And no this is not your older brother's Redskins which rookie QBs were certain to beat us.  I think Norman and Breeland can lockdown their WRs and we can load the box to stop Zeke.  On offense I seriously don't see how they can match up with us.  Look at last game against them at their place, I predict similar performance from Cousins and company.

L SEP 25 1:00PM @ GIANTS - Don't know what it is, the polluted air, the POS area (ok don't kill me :)) but we just can't win there.  Hell Cousins might just throw 3 INTS for all I know but we most likely lose this one.

W OCT 2 1:00PM BROWNS - The Browns have a team?  LOL.  Honestly this is the easiest of the first 8 games by far.  if we don't win this one, something is seriously wrong and a lot of our guys have been hurt the first 3 games.

L OCT 9 1:00PM @ RAVENS - To me at their stadium, its a like a mini-meadowlands situation.  We are going to lose some how some way.

W OCT 16 1:00PM EAGLES - To me this is the most enigmatic team of the NFCE.  They actually have a D which could create problems and an O which could be serviceable if Bradford is still standing.

W OCT 23 1:00PM @ LIONS - Second easiest team we play on the first half of our schedule, if we want to be considered the favorite of the division title, Lions and Browns must be W.

W OCT 30 09:30AM @ BENGALS - I know kind of crazy to say this is W.  Being from Greece I can tell you going overseas screws with your brain, jetlag can be the difference either way and I say we have more interesting fans in England than the Bengals.  Neutral ground, to me is a tossup so why not W.

9 BYE

W NOV 13 1:00PM VIKINGS - Again no QB W for us.  We play them at home.  Hell after seeing half the team in tears they either win 16 games or totally implode.

L NOV 20 8:30PM PACKERS (SNF)  yea L most likely.

W NOV 24 4:30PM @ COWBOYS (Thanksgiving Day)  If we are healthy with most of our starters again its a W. 

L DEC 4 4:25PM @ CARDINALS - Trip to the West Coast, maybe we get our mini break to work for us but realistically we are loosing this one.

W DEC 11 1:00PM @ EAGLES - Same case as last year, we need to push for that division title. 

W DEC 19 8:30PM PANTHERS (MNF) - Ok I put a win here because I just have a feeling the Panthers will come down to earth, well way down to earth.  I just have a feeling that their secondary without that fast talking nut who is on our team and we all love will be average.  Cam, also I think will regress, you just can't take that type of punishment and still function at high level.  I truly believe they blew their load last year and fell short.

W DEC 24 1:00PM @ BEARS  No clue how this team is, no clue if they got better, no clue where they are going.  All I know if we need to get a W we will.

L JAN 1 1:00PM GIANTS  And here we are at 11-4 so if we need to win in order to have a chance of home field advantage and not play the wild card game, then we win.  If not, we play mostly backups in the 2nd half and I do feel by this time the Giants have figured things out in D and OL so they will be a tough team for us.

So 11-5 and 4-2 in the division.  Very doable in my opinion if we remain relatively healthy and Cousins is all that some of us think he is.

Aiming for a 6-0 start...then we'll really get to test our mettle.

I think we swim, rather than sink, & i'm not really all that optimistic...i'm downright demanding.  

While i would not be entirely too surprised if we happen to eek out a 9-7/10-6 record...i'm feeling pretty good about 12-4.  Got a sense this defense is really going to turn heads early, & then hit a groove once the offense really starts clicking.  I'm looking at a '99 Rams type of season...minus the Kurt Warner story.  The D will really be the linchpin, & i just really believe that teams are going to have a heck of a time trying to score on us.

Now...that said...I'll promptly beat some wood, do about 70 hail Mary's, gut a chicken, & tell you that because i said it...we're now doomed for another 2013-esque season.  

Here's to another season fellas...this is gonna be one helluva ride!

HAIL!!!

I may be the odd ball out by saying this, but I favor our schedule this year. First 3/4 at home, or 5/8 I say because Baltimore is kind of like a home game. With the East already being banged up provides us with the opportunity to come out of the gate hot.

That also could back fire on us causing us to lose momentum near the end of the season. (Looking at the Falcons of last year) We all know this is a game of momentum and getting hot at the right time.

And lastly can we stay healthy? Only God knows.

I'm sticking by my 10-6

HTTR

If things go well, and the team picks up where they left off, I think they could go 6-2 in the first 8 weeks. Worst case 5-3

But that murder's row second half of the schedule is absolutely brutal, not just because of the teams they face, but many of the top teams are on the road, lots of travel and little rest.

I think they'd be fortunate to go 4-4 in the back half.. so there's my 10-6. I think 9-7 is more likely though, 6-2 up front, then 3-5 in the back half.. backing into the playoffs if they make it.

W SEP 12 7:10PM STEELERS (MNF)

W SEP 18 1:00PM COWBOYS

W SEP 25 1:00PM @ GIANTS

W OCT 2 1:00PM BROWNS

L OCT 9 1:00PM @ RAVENS

W OCT 16 1:00PM EAGLES

W OCT 23 1:00PM @ LIONS

L OCT 30 09:30AM @ BENGALS

9 BYE

L NOV 13 1:00PM VIKINGS

L NOV 20 8:30PM PACKERS (SNF)

L NOV 24 4:30PM @ COWBOYS (Thanksgiving Day)

L DEC 4 4:25PM @ CARDINALS

W DEC 11 1:00PM @ EAGLES

L DEC 19 8:30PM PANTHERS (MNF)

W DEC 24 1:00PM @ BEARS

L JAN 1 1:00PM GIANTS

8-8

2 minutes ago, illone said:

10-6.  Not sure how we get there on a tougher schedule, but I think the roster is better and Cousins will be improved.  Healthy Djax does make a difference, too and the D has been upgraded.

I always think about how our team has upgraded, every year.  And then I remember that so have most other teams.  And then the sad.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I always think about how our team has upgraded, every year.  And then I remember that so have most other teams.  And then the sad.

We have been conditioned to doubt it due to previous management.  With McGlooey in charge, I am thinking this ascention will be different...

I voted 9-7 and missing the playoffs (someone in our division will win 10 games). Our division always seems to be won by the team most people write off, so I'll pick either the Eagles or Giants to be that team this year. 

For us, I think our floor is 5-6 wins and our ceiling is 11 wins. So, I'll shade us a little closer to the ceiling and say we're in the hunt until the final week or two. Not too shabby. Back-to-back winning seasons have eluded us for almost 20 years (I think). 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I voted 9-7 and missing the playoffs (someone in our division will win 10 games). Our division always seems to be won by the team most people write off, so I'll pick either the Eagles or Giants to be that team this year. 

I am sure you will happy to be wrong.:ols:  No way the Giants win with the Free Agency spending.  They violated the spirit of free agency.

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Oh, I'll be thrilled to win the division again. We haven't done THAT since before the Doug Williams Super Bowl. Let that sink in...

It's ours to lose, man.  Even if Kirk only improves a little our D has been upgraded enough to get at least 1 more win than last year.

3 minutes ago, illone said:

It's ours to lose, man.  Even if Kirk only improves a little our D has been upgraded enough to get at least 1 more win than last year.

I've felt that way plenty of times in the past though. Also, there were 3 games that we VERY easily could have lost last year: Philly, Tampa, and Chicago. I don't mean that in a "if three plays go against us" way...those were all games that any play going against us turns a W to an L. The only game we lost that I think legitimately could have swung the other way was the Dallas game. It was encouraging to see a couple blow out wins, but we also got destroyed 2-3 time too.

So, even though I do think we've made some improvements (organic growth of Cousins, moderate upgrades on D) I don't think it's so drastic that we won't be fighting tooth and nail to win games. I could easily see a stronger version of this team win fewer games in 2016. 

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I've felt that way plenty of times in the past though. Also, there were 3 games that we VERY easily could have lost last year: Philly, Tampa, and Chicago. I don't mean that in a "if three plays go against us" way...those were all games that any play going against us turns a W to an L. The only game we lost that I think legitimately could have swung the other way was the Dallas game. It was encouraging to see a couple blow out wins, but we also got destroyed 2-3 time too.

So, even though I do think we've made some improvements (organic growth of Cousins, moderate upgrades on D) I don't think it's so drastic that we won't be fighting tooth and nail to win games. I could easily see a stronger version of this team win fewer games in 2016. 

Well by that logic there were a few that got away too though. The falcons game comes to mind, we have the ball driving in OT, then freakin' Grant trips over his own two feet which leads to the pic 6 for the loss..

The Dallas game, all Jackson had to do was run up the field to give us a chance to win late in the 4th, he runs backwards 20 yards and fumbles at the 5 giving dallas the go ahead td.. we score one right back then give up the backbreaking 45 yard return, Bailey kicks a 54 yard fg in the closing seconds to win it for them.

Then the Jets and the Panthers games were competitive in the first half, got away big time in the second though.

Just the 2 games up top turns that 9-7 to 11-5... and the skins hung tough in the first half of the last 2. So all in all not bad. Good teams pull out the close wins and bad ones don't.

Archived